Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guin - Aoiichi
Hana Rei
Verata Starline
Klaark
Female characters get critiqued more harshly than male ones I've noticed.

It took Aang three seasons to take down the Fire Lord and his dumbass kids. So far Korra has beaten a dude who can work you like a puppet with his ******** mind, the literal embodiment of goddamn evil, Bane if Bane could also fly, and now she'll beat Hitler if Hitler was also Magneto.

Suck it, Aang.

J/k, I like Aang.

Agreed! I don't get why peeps don't like Korra and keep comparing her to Aang. She has done so much too!
It's less what she accomplished as much as the lack of character development and backtracking she did. To be fair Seasons 3-4 have done a good job making her feel better, Season 1 I was fine with having her evolving... but Season 2 really i think made people just dislike her.

Personally I was 'okay' with her, I just never felt she was amazing to be honest. I really enjoy what they are doing with her in the final season though. If she progressed through in a more clear fashion (aka none of what happened in season 2 existed) I think there would of been far less backlash against her. Granted, I don't think she still would of been as 'strong' as Aang, but it would of been a comparison I felt could merit a lot more arguments about her being a great compelling character. smile

IDK , what makes in your eyes " a Developed character" ?? i mean Aang had at least a full three seasons and one linear plot line to become developed. While all of Korra's seasons were pretty much treated as her last season ? I think so far she has be written as true believeable human with flaws , who overcomes them, plus the worlds/personal advesities and she has super powers .
That is my point. All the seasons are just basically cut off to 'end' as such it feels like a restart of her as if she was someone completely new, with at most brief mentionings of her past. They didn't really seem to try developing her (aka having her grow up or advance) at all until finally season 3 into season 4.

Its not fully their fault (Nick takes some blame) but they didn't do much to try and provide cohesion, particularly when looking at Season 2 which was over-all cringe worthy at times with how Korra was, it was as of Season 1 never even happened to at least ease her personality (not change her completely, but 'humble' her at least to an extent). Even with Nick being run by a bunch of monkeys, I can't see how they couldn't of at least tried to give more cohesion. Season 3 at least did a decent job of it despite not knowing if a season 3 would even happen.

Retro Punk

Hana Rei
Guin - Aoiichi
Hana Rei
Verata Starline
Klaark

It took Aang three seasons to take down the Fire Lord and his dumbass kids. So far Korra has beaten a dude who can work you like a puppet with his ******** mind, the literal embodiment of goddamn evil, Bane if Bane could also fly, and now she'll beat Hitler if Hitler was also Magneto.

Suck it, Aang.

J/k, I like Aang.

Agreed! I don't get why peeps don't like Korra and keep comparing her to Aang. She has done so much too!
It's less what she accomplished as much as the lack of character development and backtracking she did. To be fair Seasons 3-4 have done a good job making her feel better, Season 1 I was fine with having her evolving... but Season 2 really i think made people just dislike her.

Personally I was 'okay' with her, I just never felt she was amazing to be honest. I really enjoy what they are doing with her in the final season though. If she progressed through in a more clear fashion (aka none of what happened in season 2 existed) I think there would of been far less backlash against her. Granted, I don't think she still would of been as 'strong' as Aang, but it would of been a comparison I felt could merit a lot more arguments about her being a great compelling character. smile

IDK , what makes in your eyes " a Developed character" ?? i mean Aang had at least a full three seasons and one linear plot line to become developed. While all of Korra's seasons were pretty much treated as her last season ? I think so far she has be written as true believeable human with flaws , who overcomes them, plus the worlds/personal advesities and she has super powers .
That is my point. All the seasons are just basically cut off to 'end' as such it feels like a restart of her as if she was someone completely new, with at most brief mentionings of her past. They didn't really seem to try developing her (aka having her grow up or advance) at all until finally season 3 into season 4.

Its not fully their fault (Nick takes some blame) but they didn't do much to try and provide cohesion, particularly when looking at Season 2 which was over-all cringe worthy at times with how Korra was, it was as of Season 1 never even happened to at least ease her personality (not change her completely, but 'humble' her at least to an extent). Even with Nick being run by a bunch of monkeys, I can't see how they couldn't of at least tried to give more cohesion. Season 3 at least did a decent job of it despite not knowing if a season 3 would even happen.
First how do you know " they didn't do much" ? Second the reason why season two Korra does not differ much from season one is because the story takes place two weeks after season one. How much growth can there be in two weeks? And the whole part about "cohesion" im pretty sure the creators explain it in the video.

Jolly Soldier

16,950 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Generous 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Guin - Aoiichi

Is there something I said that offended you?

Magical Traveler

19,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
I enjoyed watching "Avatar: The last Air bender", and I enjoy "The legend of Korra". The story lines are similar in parts, but different over all. I don't care more for one story line than the other. There were/are parts I hated about both, and parts I loved.

Is Aang better than Korra? Is Korra better than Aang? No - they are who they are. Better in some ways, and worse in others.

I will continue to watch Korra and enjoy.

Devoted Friend

7,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Klaark

Suck it, Aang.

J/k, I like Aang.

This... made my day. heart

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Hana Rei
Guin - Aoiichi
Hana Rei
Verata Starline
Klaark

Suck it, Aang.

J/k, I like Aang.

This is true for season one, but only as far as Korra's development goes. After that, things start to carry over as far as lessons learned and consequences suffered.

Retro Punk

Calm Repose
Klaark

Suck it, Aang.

J/k, I like Aang.

This... made my day. heart

I know right !! Here found this post , that seems relevant.... Female Characters of LoK

Fashionable Reveler

14,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Moxx Ravenmane
I enjoyed watching "Avatar: The last Air bender", and I enjoy "The legend of Korra". The story lines are similar in parts, but different over all. I don't care more for one story line than the other. There were/are parts I hated about both, and parts I loved.

Is Aang better than Korra? Is Korra better than Aang? No - they are who they are. Better in some ways, and worse in others.

I will continue to watch Korra and enjoy.

THIS! This is what all fans of both Last Airbender and Legend of Korra should be like!

Retro Punk

Klaark
Hana Rei

This is true for season one, but only as far as Korra's development goes. After that, things start to carry over as far as lessons learned and consequences suffered.

You know the whole point of me posting the video was because it pretty much explains WHY there was inconsistencies . And im pretty sure it covers most of her "points". Personally I love how awesome the show is. Maybe it dropped a lil animation wise compared to season one. But i can not think of any examples to compare. And honestly in real life how much do people actually change ? If they do it usually take years to decades. Im still wondering what her definition a "developed "character is...

Retro Punk

WOAH ! How EPIC was that Finale !!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas