Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cute Spirit

15,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Hero 100
What do they mean digital only thing?
I dont understand what that means..are we going to see online only now or?

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

I think this is mainly Nickelodeon's fault (not Bryke's). Nick shot themselves in the foot by putting off the Book 3 premiere, which resulted in people being more interested in watching the leaked episodes. Nick then desperately shoved the premiere out about a week later, basically without promoting it (shot in the foot #2). The leaks most likely did ruin the ratings, since a person would only need to watch the first two episodes (the premiere) then hop on over to a site containing the fan-subbed leaks. That likely resulted in large amounts of viewers not watching, since they'd "already seen it". Yet another bullet in the foot is the fact that not only did Nick not add aired episodes to their site for a few weeks, they didn't even bother rerunning the new episodes. Since there was literally nowhere to watch Book 3 (that counted toward views), people flocked to streaming sites to watch the show. Nick lost soooo many opportunities to get LoK the ratings it deserves, but their actions seem to say they really want to get it off the air.

Adventuring Duck

I definitely blame Nick for this. They barely did any advertising for Korra. Even on the DAY OF the episodes, I'd see zilch about it. Also, they set it up in the Friday Night Death Slot. People aren't usually at home on Fridays, so most networks run reruns of shows instead of new episodes. Plus, I think Nick is concerned with competing with Cartoon Network and Disney Channel, which isn't a bad thing in itself. Competition is supposed to be a good thing. However, instead of running different content than say CN's outlandish cartoons (which are good) and Disney's music-money-making-machine shows (which I hate), Nick decided to copy the other networks formulas. Basically, they said "screw your plots, we need more Spongebob and poorly written live-action."

Adventuring Duck

Zombie Ovaries
What do they mean digital only thing?
I dont understand what that means..are we going to see online only now or?
Yep. :/ At least that's how someone else explained it. I guess they didn't have enough Spongebob on. >.>

Naughty Nerd

41,625 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Jump Start Boot 100
It's not canceled completely.

Episodes 9-13 will air only online, though they didn't say what website. I'm guessing nick.com but maybe not...

They said this Friday (tomorrow) during the Korra SDCC panel they'll address the situation. So for everyone who can't be there, they'll probably release the info to the rest of the world in real time via Twitter, and full articles should follow within minutes.

Naughty Nerd

41,625 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Jump Start Boot 100
Update: Nickelodeon itself has finally acknowledged the news and set the story straight.

It still says nothing about what they're going to do about Book 4, though. We're probably just going to have to all cross our fingers and pray for it. sad

Invisible Humorist

Just go to another channel emotion_facepalm
I was a Nick fan but they are slowly dying by showing terrible shows and abusing spongebob.

OG Noob

Arcoon Effox
NickAndMore
Since its June 27 premiere, The Legend of Korra has been troubled with low ratings. From as high as 1.5 million on the first episode to as low as 1.1 million on the fourth and fifth episodes, it was only a matter of time before episodes were either rescheduled or pulled completely.

Now, the network has started pulling the episodes completely. After seven new episodes of Book Three’s 13 have aired, Nick has pulled one episode from this Friday as well as all four episodes from August 1 and 8.

Episode 8 “The Terror Within” is still airing this Friday at 8 p.m. (ET/PT).

No word on when (or where) the remaining five episodes will air.
(Source)

I blame Book 2 for this, personally...

You blame book 2?! Really?!
          C'mon. neutral
          No advertisement, the Friday night death slot and the constant schedule changes are to blame.

Peculiar Gentlewoman

26,525 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Timid 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Great news! After Friday's new episode all remaining Book 3 episodes will premiere weekly on Nick.com & the Nick app starting August 1, as well as on platforms like Amazon, Google Play, Xbox and Hulu: http://at.nick.com/1tFYHUB

GUYS. The show is not dead yet, and if you don't want it to die, keep watching it legally. The money that goes to Nickelodeon also ends up in the creators pockets, and boycotting the only thing you like about a network is going to result in them cancelling it. If you all watch it legally, they'll make more.

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
Attrinity
Arcoon Effox
I blame Book 2 for this, personally...
You blame book 2?! Really?!
C'mon. neutral
Book 2 almost made me stop watching the show halfway through the season, then the finale made me wish I had. It was nothing but a repurposed Book 1, with more nonsense, more of Korra's temper tantrums and "my way or the highway" attitude, and established characters not acting in character (I'm looking at you, Lin).

The only redeemable part of Spirits was Beginnings... though the character of Wan was pretty much made irrelevant now that there's no way to commune with previous Avatars anymore.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
What I don't understand was that the average ratings were still a tad above a million viewers per episode. That's nothing to sneeze at. Shows that actually take money to put on air like Monday Night Raw and such pull in about that many viewers a week. And seriously, its FRIDAY NIGHT! There are a lot more programs on TV for tweeners to watch. Not only that, but Friday during summer time is sleep over/vacation time.

Celestial Guardian

60,975 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Budding Witch 250
Well...this sucks. Now I definitely have to find something else to watch on Fridays since there's no Grimm and now they're moving this to online only. emotion_facepalm

I usually have it recorded on TiVo not watching when it actually airs because it gives me something to look forward to the next morning. I sort of got back into LoK kind of late, though because I never watch Nick( hate it really and barely tolerate any of the other cartoon channels like Disney. Only tolerate CN because I watch Adult Swim on Saturdays.) and only found out about the new seasons on here. sweatdrop Only ever watched Nick for Last Avatar and Legend of Korra anyways. sweatdrop

Though this kind of makes sense for me because whenever I get into a show they usually end up taking the show off of T.V.

Omnipresent Heckler

11,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Wuyabi
http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/128377-nickelodeon-yanks-final-five-episodes-of-legend-of-korra.html

Guys, we're in trouble, and have no one to blame but ourselves. Because no one in the u.s. watched TV airings of Korra, and opted to illegally stream it instead, they are switching to digital distribution. The good news is, Nickelodeon will probably stream it legally at several sites. The bad news is, if we don't watch it legally, the entire series and franchise are most assuredly screwed. Not watching this season legally is only going to show the execs that we are uninterested in the franchise as a whole. TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

I was recording them :c

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces