Gold! (I'm lazy, I'll pick the first option) 0.38461538461538 38.5% [ 5 ]
I'm a rebel, I'll pick the second option 0.61538461538462 61.5% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 13 ]

Dapper Pirate

11,300 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
If you think about it, there really was the same amount of romance.
It does seem like a lot/rushed because it was fast tracked for a (planed to be) shorter series. I personally didn't mind it, i just have seen a lot of people like. NO, ENOUGH WITH THE ROMANCEEEEEok well maybe that is an exageration

The Kataang thing was developing for the whole show, Mai and Zuko had their moments all the time when he was back in the fire nation, Sokka had Yue, then Suki (and kinda Ty Lee wink ) and katara kinda had a mini romance with every guy she met xD Espeecccialllly Jet.

Where as in LoK theres Korra who likes Mako, Asami who like Mako and Bolin who has one episode with Korra.

Tbh, i just don't think that romance played as big a role as everyone thinks. Maybe because there was a whole episode dedicated to it perhaps? (but there were episodes like that in AtLA too)

Also remember that the characters in LoK are overall older than the original Gaang, so it really isn't surprising that they are a little more interesting in love.

Thoughts?

Devoted Sage

I thought it was fine. The only reason Makorra felt so rushed was because we didn't see as much of their time together. A one point, Asami mentioned that a week had passed since she bought him a new scarf. This showed that there were periods of time that we, the viewers, did not see, including time where they were training together. I personally just filled in the blank time as if it was time they spent together, deepening the relationship through friendship.

Informer

I, personally, could have done with less romance, but I see what you're saying. Now that you mention it, I realize the romance is about equal. It may also have seemed rushed because as mentioned by someone else, there were some periods of time that the viewer didn't see, making it seem faster than it really was.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff