Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Shapeshifter

xx Cookie-Boots xx

Oh, right!
And the Flash is the one who's basically a ninja who's the silent protector of a crime-filled city, right?

Also, Amon... popular consensus on some place called "tumblr" is that you secretly lust for Korra. Not that I care either way, but what is your response to these rumors? emotion_dowant

Good job! You're a smart little Cookie.
How about I give you a Cat for all your efforts, you smart Cookie you.

Barton Lover

10,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Timid 100
  • Champion 300

~~
User Image
I dunno guys- Amon has a point. Benders are oppressing those without their talents. To be a non-bender is to be a lower class citizen. If they weren't being oppressed, then why were so many people at that rally? You can spout the "we're just different" argument all you want, but that isn't an answer to the years of abuse non-benders have received at the hands of benders.
What I want to see is Korra go after the benders who are abusing their powers instead of going after Amon and the revolution. Korra has led a sheltered, pretty life, and understands nothing of the horrors non-benders have gone through to drive them to revolution. The answer is not to crush the rebellion, but to fight against the oppression people have had to suffer for so long.
~~Wolf Girl~~
~~

Rainbow Gekko

10,500 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
NEVER!!!! >0<
*talks quietly* Not every bender's bad... T^T

Sugary Dragon

18,675 Points
  • Winter Warrior 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Dragon Master 50
Amon You are a creepy man and i bend air and the fact u can take away bending scares me greatly ,but what if you were to become tainted with the power to bend the very thing you fight against!

Such amusing sentiments... Particularly from the few of you who seem to entertain the delusion that you can 'handle' or 'defeat' me.

I wish to make certain subjects quite clear:

I do not fear the Avatar. She fears me.

Your petty defense for the atrocities benders have committed fall on deaf ears. Perhaps it is best to silence yourself before someone else does it for you...

I have never, nor will I ever be attracted to the Avatar. She is a child, a pawn in my final plan. Romance does not interest me in the least.

It seems my announcement has once again stirred up debate. Perhaps this will draw your attention to the pain and suffering non-benders endure on a daily basis.

Benders aren't needed. Benders take from the poor and give to themselves. I can promise you that this is a problem that will be rectified. However...to do so I need your help.

As for you dear Avatar, are you quite so sure you wish to make such bold statements? From what I recall...our last meeting left quite an impression on you.

Shadowy Inquisitor

8,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
Uh, no thanks.

Beloved Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
Actually..... Amon does have a point o.o

4,900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
BENDERS ARE EVIL! For centuries, bending brought nothing but wars, crimes and evil. I am a bandit, I steal to survive, but why? Because I can't work, I won't to work at factories, guess what? They only hire benders. I want to work at power plant, guess what again, they only hire benders too. Construction uses earth benders, factories use water and earth benders, power plants use firebenders. I didn't go to college sadly, because I couldn't, I am an orphan, I had to survive and I didn't have time to educate myself. I want to work as muscle but all muscle required works are taken by bandits. But at last, I am in good condition, thanks to Master Amon. I am an equalist, I am still a bandit, but I am working in gangs to spy on them for Amon and stop their bending, that way we can stop their criminial activities. Bending must be stopped!

Sparkly Friend

Benders are not evil, just because you are one or not does that classify you as good or evil. What about babies who are born as benders are they evil, do they have to be destroyed? No bending is just something one is born with a gift, just like people who are born smarter than others,faster, and so on.It is how you use it that makes you good or bad, just like non-benders their decisions in life make them good or bad.. If you want a true evil, the greatest evil of all then here!*throws organic chemistry to Amon* Imagine learning that from someone who can't speak your language so try learning that while trying to learn another language at the same time.. Also Amon think about it you just know one part of the map not the entire world itself you just know one side...There may just be one avatar or there may be another on the other side, there may be different benders think of all the elements there are after all..
Just think about it Amon there is no way you can completely stop it, and your vision is completely one sided..Also i'm still waiting on your reply to my challenge or are you afraid you will be beating by a girl who doesn't share your view..

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

xXSekeraXx
Benders are not evil, just because you are one or not does that classify you as good or evil. What about babies who are born as benders are they evil, do they have to be destroyed? No bending is just something one is born with a gift, just like people who are born smarter than others,faster, and so on.It is how you use it that makes you good or bad, just like non-benders their decisions in life make them good or bad.. If you want a true evil, the greatest evil of all then here!*throws organic chemistry to Amon* Imagine learning that from someone who can't speak your language so try learning that while trying to learn another language at the same time.. Also Amon think about it you just know one part of the map not the entire world itself you just know one side...There may just be one avatar or there may be another on the other side, there may be different benders think of all the elements there are after all..
Just think about it Amon there is no way you can completely stop it, and your vision is completely one sided..Also i'm still waiting on your reply to my challenge or are you afraid you will be beating by a girl who doesn't share your view..

mmh, the baby wouldn't be destroyed, but it wouldn't be allowed to bend.
The problem with the whole bending thing is that it creates an imbalance in potential. Say there are two orphans: a bender and a nonbender. The bending orphan will have a much easier time getting by... remember how Mako and Bolin were able to get work from the Triple Threat Triads? The non-bender orphan wouldn't have that. Benders are going to be more in-demand for jobs and make an easier time earning money, which makes it harder for the nonbenders to catch up. It's human nature to blame something for your problems, and since you can't really blame yourself for being born without bending, the only possible blame target is the benders themselves, and the blame leads to resentment, which, in mass amounts, leads to an uprising.
You can say "it's not the right thing to do" all you want, but really, is there anything else that the equalists can do?

I'm fairly certain Amon has already accounted for it being inconvenient to manually remove everybody's bending. He said it himself: he has a plan.
also, you gotta remember that you're talking to a roleplayer ._.

Sparkly Friend

xx Cookie-Boots xx
xXSekeraXx

The problem with the whole bending thing is that it creates an imbalance in potential. Say there are two orphans: a bender and a nonbender. The bending orphan will have a much easier time getting by... remember how Mako and Bolin were able to get work from the Triple Threat Triads? The non-bender orphan wouldn't have that. Benders are going to be more in-demand for jobs and make an easier time earning money, which makes it harder for the nonbenders to catch up. It's human nature to blame something for your problems, and since you can't really blame yourself for being born without bending, the only possible blame target is the benders themselves, and the blame leads to resentment, which, in mass amounts, leads to an uprising.
You can say "it's not the right thing to do" all you want, but really, is there anything else that the equalists can do?

I'm fairly certain Amon has already accounted for it being inconvenient to manually remove everybody's bending. He said it himself: he has a plan.
Yes they can actually try to make things equal by talking to the head of the benders, instead of taking it out violently also a plan i think everyone would say they have a plan not " I don't like benders and want to stop them because(life story here) but I don't really have a plan yet so you have to keep waiting" which sounds better...People could also work harder to make themselves better instead of just sitting back and letting it happen playing the poor me card. For the orphanage thing that kid may have bending but still the other has a brain still they could find work still not everything revolves around bending. Quit being poor me and go all since the benders have it easier and blah blah blah lets get rid of them find a middle ground! What's next if the benders are gone go after those who are smarter because they are oppressing those who are not as smart, those who are wealthier, those who are faster,stronger,ect! People in general just find excuses quit being a baby, suck it up and get on with your life just because you can't take away their bending.
As I said it is the person not the bending it is just that simple. If people are too blind to realize that then they might as well be blind...Also Amon so what your face was burned people suffered worse yet you are afraid to show your real face, it should matter people should look past that and look at the real you not the outside..Same idea can be applied for benders get to know them don't just look at them and be "Oh look a bender I hate them because everything is better for them,blah blah blah" Just what do you really know about them if you don't take the time to understand.

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

xXSekeraXx
xx Cookie-Boots xx
xXSekeraXx

Yes they can actually try to make things equal by talking to the head of the benders, instead of taking it out violently also a plan i think everyone would say they have a plan not " I don't like benders and want to stop them because(life story here) but I don't really have a plan yet so you have to keep waiting" which sounds better...People could also work harder to make themselves better instead of just sitting back and letting it happen playing the poor me card. For the orphanage thing that kid may have bending but still the other has a brain still they could find work still not everything revolves around bending. Quit being poor me and go all since the benders have it easier and blah blah blah lets get rid of them find a middle ground! What's next if the benders are gone go after those who are smarter because they are oppressing those who are not as smart, those who are wealthier, those who are faster,stronger,ect! People in general just find excuses quit being a baby, suck it up and get on with your life just because you can't take away their bending.
As I said it is the person not the bending it is just that simple. If people are too blind to realize that then they might as well be blind...Also Amon so what your face was burned people suffered worse yet you are afraid to show your real face, it should matter people should look past that and look at the real you not the outside..Same idea can be applied for benders get to know them don't just look at them and be "Oh look a bender I hate them because everything is better for them,blah blah blah" Just what do you really know about them if you don't take the time to understand.

There is no "head of the benders". neutral
Like I said, the divide is internal and can't be talked away. Benders are naturally going to have an advantage because that's just how it works. When only certain people are born with a physical advantage and, in turn, the ones born without it suffer, it's going to create resentment, and there are only two ways to permanently solve this:

1. Get rid of the advantage
2. Give everyone else the advantage

Until Amon showed up, both were thought to be impossible. When he showed up, non-benders that had gotten sick of benders felt like change was finally possible and rallied behind him.

Your entire argument seems to hinge upon the equalists being jealous and whiny, but that's hardly the case for the entire movement. What about crime? How is a nonbender without specialized training supposed to fight off an earthbender? How about a firebender? How about a waterbender? Wouldn't it be logical that some honestly think they're doing the right thing and reducing crime?

Also, I'd like to point out that it's heavily implied that all the members of the Republic City Council are benders. Non-benders have no representation.

I'm not saying what the equalists doing is right (because that's subjective), but it's perfectly reasonable when examined.
I don't feel like re-typing some of my arguments, so I'll direct you to my thread. I advise you to read the whole thing, because I'm sick of having to give the same arguments over and over.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff