Welcome to Gaia! ::

Join?

Krew Members 0.68181818181818 68.2% [ 60 ]
Equalists 0.10227272727273 10.2% [ 9 ]
Neutral 0.21590909090909 21.6% [ 19 ]
Total Votes:[ 88 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 12 13 >

Random Fan Girl 408

Sweet! And I though you want off to do the whole Avatar thing... When did you get back...?
When no one was watching.
Miss-dark8607
I'll follow Team K all the way.

Dem asses. emotion_dowant

Whose asses? Hahaha.
Ru-ku The TimeLord
I think benders and non-benders can get along fine, and that the true path to peace is one of moderation. The balance of the world has shifted to benefit benders, who abuse their abilities to shape the elements to their will. As a result non-benders have risen up to resist their opressors, and resist violently. This conflict creats suffering, and displaces the balance further.

It was desire that led to suffering, and suffering that led to rebellion. The only solution is for the Avatar to lead by example.

Benders must be tought that their abilities are privliges to be used for good, not rights to abuse and exploit non benders. Just as non-benders must learn to respect, and not envy benders, for their abilities happen by chance, not by the decision of an omniscient power.
I agree, I actually get more upset when I see benders abuse powers, then when I see non-benders revolting. Nature should be used for good.
Michelle Chiba
Add me..I hate the way Amon shooting his mouth..I feel like I want to grab a gun and shoot him.
Guns are not the answer, I think unmasking him would be a start!
Kendroid
...I thought we were callin' it the Korralition... emotion_8c

We can call it that too.

7,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
yay cat_blaugh

Wealthy Bloodsucker

13,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Wow.. You're good then. ^_^ *Giggles.*

3,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
4laugh
Michelle Chiba
Add me..I hate the way Amon shooting his mouth..I feel like I want to grab a gun and shoot him.

As great as that sounds, I think that it would be a pointless gesture. To unmask him would require us to fight him, and bending would likely be required on the avatar's part. That would just wreak of more bending opression, and send out a negative message to the non bending community.

To fight a revolutionary you can't play by your rules, you have to play by theirs. Otherwise it just becomes a cycle of blame and violence. Vengence for vengence, blood paid for blood spilled.

Amon is using his charisma to move the masses to his cause based on the presumption that all benders exist to oppress those ungifted with the power of an element. Remove the cause, and the effect dissipates.

In otherwords, convince the world that bender's aren't the opressive stereotype that Amon claims them to be. The easiest way to do that, is to fight him on his terms, by his rules. Thereby showing that not all benders change the rules to their liking. The act will sow seeds of controversey in the minds of his followers, and soon those seeds will root themselves into his revolution, and soon the masses will question their allegiances. However, this only cover's the anti-bending faction's problem. The issue of benders abusing their abilities is an issue still to be adressed.

You guys really are distracting me from my biology work.

Lonely Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
Kora...do you like Mako!? Are jelly of Asami ? X3

Lonely Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
Ru-ku The TimeLord
4laugh
Michelle Chiba

As great as that sounds, I think that it would be a pointless gesture. To unmask him would require us to fight him, and bending would likely be required on the avatar's part. That would just wreak of more bending opression, and send out a negative message to the non bending community.

To fight a revolutionary you can't play by your rules, you have to play by theirs. Otherwise it just becomes a cycle of blame and violence. Vengence for vengence, blood paid for blood spilled.

Amon is using his charisma to move the masses to his cause based on the presumption that all benders exist to oppress those ungifted with the power of an element. Remove the cause, and the effect dissipates.

In otherwords, convince the world that bender's aren't the opressive stereotype that Amon claims them to be. The easiest way to do that, is to fight him on his terms, by his rules. Thereby showing that not all benders change the rules to their liking. The act will sow seeds of controversey in the minds of his followers, and soon those seeds will root themselves into his revolution, and soon the masses will question their allegiances. However, this only cover's the anti-bending faction's problem. The issue of benders abusing their abilities is an issue still to be adressed.

We could use non- bender's as allies? ??
fierstar123
W-whhhat? Why do I get asked this so often. No.
fierstar123
Ru-ku The TimeLord
4laugh
Michelle Chiba

Then we will start with the benders abusing power, I will see that every single one is in jail to show the people that everyone gets justice. After that I am sure we can find some legal means to bring Amon in that can be published in print to show that he was brought down for perfectly good reasons and not just that he has a differing opinion.

After all, taking away bending...is that not some form or another of stealing? Stealing some invaluable, like life?

Lonely Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
fierstar123
W-whhhat? Why do I get asked this so often. No.
Oh come now Kora....your face at the party...priceless....

Lonely Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
fierstar123
Ru-ku The TimeLord
4laugh
Michelle Chiba

Then we will start with the benders abusing power, I will see that every single one is in jail to show the people that everyone gets justice. After that I am sure we can find some legal means to bring Amon in that can be published in print to show that he was brought down for perfectly good reasons and not just that he has a differing opinion.

After all, taking away bending...is that not some form or another of stealing? Stealing some invaluable, like life?
I supose.....but if we did anything the rebels would still be upset whatever we did to Amon.....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff