Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kanto_Yellow
D3LP

I don't have the hours free to watch something I might not like; so I enjoy being told the good and bad points so I can decide for myself; it's a rather common way to decide if you wish to give something a shot.

Well in this topic most threads I've seen is about fluffy romance; so it isn't exactly my fault if "fluffy romance" is one of the main topics. That is the fans.

you have to watch yourself to see if you like it or not.
just because you ask people what they think will not help you that much.
just watch the 1st 3 eps of it. and if you did not like it then do not watch the other ones.
Amonilicious

I like the art work of Korra; but not Bolin. I do like the artwork of Zuko's grandson/son (I only looked it up sorry) Iroh. But then Zuko was amazing so perhaps I'm being biased by accident.

I read a little on the villain he wants to get rid of all bending and benders right ?
That villain interested me greatly. 3nodding

And the furret is so darn cute; but I always love the small animals in these types of show; like Momo. (Don't ask me why. XD]

Too much teen romance...need to ignore that. I know the original had some; but only subtly and simply because it was logical and made sense. I've seen people saying Korra takes it too far ?
Rushed finale but it is contiuined or meant to; undeveloped could be fixed and not enough development of main cast. So mainly the romance is the main issue; since the others could be fixed easily.

Thank you for giving me the positives and negatives it helps me a lot ! 3nodding
Might watch it just for the villain and see if anyone else I like and ignore the romance. x.x
D3LP

"Just because you ask people what they think will not help you that much."
See above. Everyone does things differently. And yes it actually helps me greatly.
I do it for animes; manga's, movies - it's just what I do.

I have been told there is a lot of romance some felt was un-needed but the villain is really good ?
If it's going to continue 3 episodes wouldn't be enough to know if I'd like it; thus why I was asking people's high and low points of the show. Like now I'm interested in the villain; and forewarned about the romance; but the animation is really good. I find a lot to consider before watching stuff. 3nodding

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Kanto_Yellow

Avatar Legend of Aang even after 12 episodes I was hooked; if the first 12 are not good no one would watch 61. 3nodding

I dislike teen romance being in the new series; I'm 19 I had all the "teen romance" stuff back in school; I wouldn't want to see it again. o.o I think the show should be more about "avatar" not romance; which is one thing I'm worried about. Avatar Legend of Aang had enough romance; while Korra seems to be....over the top ? In what I've seen.

Well I mean I ship couples too; I love shippings. When Zuko and Mai broke up I was relieved because I dislike the couple. (But love them both.) I wanted Zuko and Ty Lee to happen. Sokka and Azula I still adore. XD

So I like shipping but is Korra a series more for shipping fluffy romance ? Instead of the thrilling, action, pulling at your heart strings, some romance...well "awesomeness" of the original so to speak ? If that made sense.

I mean I've read about it; and been reading most of these topics but most are romance and fluffy stuff instead of....I don't know; what I expected ? (:

Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════
            I grew to love A:TLA during each premiere of a new episode.
            I was just more pointing out that when A:TLA just came out,
            it didn't have as many viewers as it did once the series got rolling.
            It did gain viewers as the show evolved and let the characters get developed.
            Like Osgood Schlatter mentioned, LoK was originally going to just be
            a short 12 episode mini story, as Nickelodeon had only signed on for 12 episodes.
            Twelve episodes isn't much time to have several stories told from several viewpoints.
            Mike & Dante (the creators) figured that they'd at least give the protagonist
            a romance, as most 17 year old girls do have crushes and romances around that age.
            I guess it is a tactic to bring female fans to the show, giving them someone to relate or look up to.
            I do like all the aspects of the show, the action, the romance, the martial arts, the mythology,
            so I don't see as much of an issue with it, but you're welcome to your own opinion and to disagree. 3nodding
            The next couple seasons will have their own stories, so I'm sure that they'll touch
            more upon Korra being the avatar, as well as her getting closer to her spiritual side.
            Seventeen-year-old girls have relationship drama, so just try to ease up on Korra. ;3
            Mako is a hot dude (just stating the obvious) and it is only natural that she wants someone
            who is there for her and can watch her back and just be herself around.
            Nickelodeon would say that the show is aimed toward preteens to teenagers,
            so naturally they're going to include situations that that age group can relate to.
            If you don't like the fluffy romance, I'd stay away from the novels "The Promise",
            as Katara and Aang are so... stereotypical teens in love. rofl
            Though, there is a surprise at the end of the second part of The Promise series.
            Zuko & Mai pretty much break it off and it appears Suki could run into issues with her relationship with Sokka.

There will be a graphic novel coming soon that will answer the "where is Zuko's mom" question.

P.S. - I was a Toph/Sokka fangirl. I loved them too much and wished they were a couple~
            Of course, if Lin was their love-child, that would mean that she briefly dated her cousin. rofl

Kanto_Yellow
D3LP

"Just because you ask people what they think will not help you that much."
See above. Everyone does things differently. And yes it actually helps me greatly.
I do it for animes; manga's, movies - it's just what I do.

I have been told there is a lot of romance some felt was un-needed but the villain is really good ?
If it's going to continue 3 episodes wouldn't be enough to know if I'd like it; thus why I was asking people's high and low points of the show. Like now I'm interested in the villain; and forewarned about the romance; but the animation is really good. I find a lot to consider before watching stuff. 3nodding

good.
Crystal Sparda

ATLA I just adored everything about. (Minus the fact Zuko and Ty lee never got together; but it's possible since Zuko had kids.)
ATLA had romance; but not so much it was pointless and annoying; so I guess the creators took the romance thing too far. I related to Zuko and Katara tons ! Katara had romances. (: But not as much as Korra thankfully. Even Zuko did.

I like romance but not to the extreme it seems to be going for I suppose; I prefer suble and nice. sweatdrop Again Zuko and Katara had romance; it's the amount that Korra has that annoys me. XD
I should try and ease up on Korra; but I guess I thought ATLA had enough. 3nodding

I heard some fans hate Mako; but he seems interesting I might watch for him too.

I ship Zuko and Ty Lee and Azula and Sokka - so all fine by me. XD

Zuko's mom would be nice to know more about; great mom to Zuko terrible to Azula.

Toph I like but I can't see her dating anyone for some reason. o.o'

See I like romance; in fact I love it ! But not....in your face ? If you know what I mean? : o

Genius

Kanto_Yellow
Amonilicious

I like the art work of Korra; but not Bolin. I do like the artwork of Zuko's grandson/son (I only looked it up sorry) Iroh. But then Zuko was amazing so perhaps I'm being biased by accident.

I read a little on the villain he wants to get rid of all bending and benders right ?
That villain interested me greatly. 3nodding

And the furret is so darn cute; but I always love the small animals in these types of show; like Momo. (Don't ask me why. XD]

Too much teen romance...need to ignore that. I know the original had some; but only subtly and simply because it was logical and made sense. I've seen people saying Korra takes it too far ?
Rushed finale but it is contiuined or meant to; undeveloped could be fixed and not enough development of main cast. So mainly the romance is the main issue; since the others could be fixed easily.

Thank you for giving me the positives and negatives it helps me a lot ! 3nodding
Might watch it just for the villain and see if anyone else I like and ignore the romance. x.x

No problem. But yeah, best thing to do for you is just to watch it and then decide to yourself if you want to go on or not. You can build your own oppinion like this without being influenced by our's.
Amonilicious

Like I stated to someone else I do this for any anime, manga or movie. > w <
I'll still decide for myself but I like knowing others opinions and some basic information as a basis; so I know what I might enjoy or might dislike and see how it goes. 3nodding
is it good????? wtf a type of question is that?????? HELL YEAH LEGEND OF KORRA IS THE BEST SIERES EVVVAHHHH!!!!!!!!! OMG HOLY s**t IM SO GLAD THEY MaDE IT I MISS ANGG SO MUCH BUT HOLY s**t WHEN KORRA WENT IN TO THE AVATAR STATE THAT SENT SHIVERS DOWN MY SPINE!!!!!!
ShadetheWox

A logical and rational question since I find things I dislike about the series and some good points so wanted others views. Hopefully avoiding hate wars and getting rational answers. > w <
Glad to know you like it...but I was kind of asking for pro's and con's? (:
And eh no one will give me shivers down my spine like Aang but that's childhood. (:
Kanto_Yellow
ShadetheWox

A logical and rational question since I find things I dislike about the series and some good points so wanted others views. Hopefully avoiding hate wars and getting rational answers. > w <
Glad to know you like it...but I was kind of asking for pro's and con's? (:
And eh no one will give me shivers down my spine like Aang but that's childhood. (:

oh no no!!! i wasnt hating im sorry XD i love Aang as well sorry for making it seem like i was being rude redface

Dapper Fairy

Kanto_Yellow

So is it only some lame romance with a bit of action? :l

No. Not even remotely. There are like, two episodes (more like one and a half) that focus mainly on the romance aspect of the show. The rest? The rest are funny, action-filled, and awesome. (:

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Omg, just wacth the dang show already!
ShadetheWox

It's okay ! (:
Hard to tell online. redface
Aang was awesome; I don't think Korra will ever "beat" the original; but I'd like to get into Korra.
Especially since Zuko's child/grandson is in it. > w <
psychoprincess16
Omg, just wacth the dang show already!

Not to be rude; but that post was not useful to the topic.
And if you read my post you'd know I was looking for people's opinions on good and bad about the show; to decide if I'd be interested in it. I don't just randomly watch stuff and waste hours. :l

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff