Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'll probably get hated for this but oh well. Opinions are allowed right ? (:

The only thing I like about Legend of Korra from what I have seen is Korra herself and the fire Ferret creature.

I admit I grew up with Avatar Legend of Aang; and no it's not for nostalgia I genuinely think the original is better. (And always will; so don't try to change that thank you; I don't want a war. emotion_bigheart )

But I would still like to enjoy the new series...I just can't see much in it; all I see is a bad guy and lots of lame teen romance from what I've read or seen, or been told about.

Plus most topics I see is shippings. So is it only some lame romance with a bit of action? :l

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════
            As I have heard in several places, right now, it is a bit hard to compare the two series.
            LoK (Legend of Korra) is only 12 episodes in, while we have 61 episodes of A:TLA to compare it to.
            The way I see it, if you look at how well A:TLA was doing when it was 12-18 episodes in,
            it wasn't doing extremely great (it was doing well though), as people were still just learning
            about the world and there wasn't a full story that was told by the end of the first season of A:TLA.

That being said, LoK has potential, as they're making a second season
            which is adding more story and possibly more characters (possibly even more backstory).
            The series does have potential, as when A:TLA was only 12 episodes in,
            they had just aired The Great Divide (what most fans call a complete filler episode),
            and Aang's character was obviously in a child-like crush state with Korra Katara.
            Hurr, whoops. Thank you RainsTwilight for correcting the all-too-common Korra/Katara typo!

Child crushes do seem a bit more off-putting than a teen romance to me, but I kept watching.

I just say "give LoK a shot".
            Not everyone is a mad shipper, but with the fandom A:TLA had,
            I'm not surprised at the amount of shipping LoK has. wink
            Even some of the shippers can be decent fans and can be level-headed. 3nodding

yes it is very good. 3nodding

Lieutenant

28,575 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hygienic 200
I felt that the first season is still a thousand times better than any of the other crap that is shown on Nick. Some episodes were REALLY good while some weren't. What it really needed was extra episodes to help spread out the story so it didn't seem rushed, but because it was originally set to just be 12 episodes, they had to try to cram everything in.

Legend of Korra really did and still does have the potential to be just as good as the original series; it still deserves a chance. heart
Crystal Sparda

Avatar Legend of Aang even after 12 episodes I was hooked; if the first 12 are not good no one would watch 61. 3nodding

I dislike teen romance being in the new series; I'm 19 I had all the "teen romance" stuff back in school; I wouldn't want to see it again. o.o I think the show should be more about "avatar" not romance; which is one thing I'm worried about. Avatar Legend of Aang had enough romance; while Korra seems to be....over the top ? In what I've seen.

Well I mean I ship couples too; I love shippings. When Zuko and Mai broke up I was relieved because I dislike the couple. (But love them both.) I wanted Zuko and Ty Lee to happen. Sokka and Azula I still adore. XD

So I like shipping but is Korra a series more for shipping fluffy romance ? Instead of the thrilling, action, pulling at your heart strings, some romance...well "awesomeness" of the original so to speak ? If that made sense.

I mean I've read about it; and been reading most of these topics but most are romance and fluffy stuff instead of....I don't know; what I expected ? (:
D3LP

Not a fan of some of the art work of the characters; Bolin? Something like that. Yuck. > . >
What's good though ?
All I see is fluffy teen romance. When the original was so much more than that. 3nodding
Osgood Schlatter

As stated; it seems more fluffy teen romance. No I like her; no my brother likes her; oh no the girl is so confused while saving the world....I feel like puking. :l (This is what most of Korra fans I noticed talk about in topics.)

I mean; well I don't need to say what was good about the original most know. It was thrilling; pulled at the heart strings had actual meaning and still decent romance; does Korra still have all of that or....kind of eh ?

And is Korra going to continue or no?
Kanto_Yellow
D3LP

Not a fan of some of the art work of the characters; Bolin? Something like that. Yuck. > . >
What's good though ?
All I see is fluffy teen romance. When the original was so much more than that. 3nodding

you can think what you like it is good.
may be if you would watch it and not complain about the art or how they look.
D3LP

It is good in your opinion. But yes you can think what you want as well.
Though there is no need to be rude; it is only a show.
I have not seen it on UK TV; so I can not.
I was going to look up in on youtube; and saw some AMV's and I have read about it.
Thus I came here asking for opinions; and I'd hoped un-biased ones with rational comments on the good and bad of the show.
But yes I can dislike the art work if I so wish; well Korra looks nice; Bolin not so much; but I've not seen everyone yet.
Kanto_Yellow
D3LP

It is good in your opinion. But yes you can think what you want as well.
Though there is no need to be rude; it is only a show.
I have not seen it on UK TV; so I can not.
I was going to look up in on youtube; and saw some AMV's and I have read about it.
Thus I came here asking for opinions; and I'd hoped un-biased ones with rational comments on the good and bad of the show.
But yes I can dislike the art work if I so wish; well Korra looks nice; Bolin not so much; but I've not seen everyone yet.

then you do that then.
if you have not seen it there is a lot more then "fluffy teen romance"s in it.

Genius

Plus
+ Amazing Artwork and Animation
+ exciting setting and main plotline
+ awesome villain <:
+ a few funny moments, even though not as much as in the original.
+ more mature

Negative
- shitty, unnecessary teen romance
- undeveloped side plotlines
- lacking character development of the main cast
- terribly rushed finale

... If anyone wants to add to this, go ahead.

Lieutenant

28,575 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hygienic 200
Kanto_Yellow
Osgood Schlatter

As stated; it seems more fluffy teen romance. No I like her; no my brother likes her; oh no the girl is so confused while saving the world....I feel like puking. :l (This is what most of Korra fans I noticed talk about in topics.)

I mean; well I don't need to say what was good about the original most know. It was thrilling; pulled at the heart strings had actual meaning and still decent romance; does Korra still have all of that or....kind of eh ?

And is Korra going to continue or no?

LoK is to continue for another 3 seasons and yeah, there is no decent romance in the first season. But the episodes and parts that aren't all about the teen romance is pretty awesome imo.

Regardless of what anybody says, whether its in favor for LoK or not, you should watch it anyway and judge it for yourself. You probably won't like all the useless romance, but you may like everything else in the show.
D3LP

I don't have the hours free to watch something I might not like; so I enjoy being told the good and bad points so I can decide for myself; it's a rather common way to decide if you wish to give something a shot.

Well in this topic most threads I've seen is about fluffy romance; so it isn't exactly my fault if "fluffy romance" is one of the main topics. That is the fans.

Codebreaking Sex Symbol

8,650 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Crystal Sparda
Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════
            As I have heard in several places, right now, it is a bit hard to compare the two series.
            LoK (Legend of Korra) is only 12 episodes in, while we have 61 episodes of A:TLA to compare it to.
            The way I see it, if you look at how well A:TLA was doing when it was 12-18 episodes in,
            it wasn't doing extremely great (it was doing well though), as people were still just learning
            about the world and there wasn't a full story that was told by the end of the first season of A:TLA.

That being said, LoK has potential, as they're making a second season
            which is adding more story and possibly more characters (possibly even more backstory).
            The series does have potential, as when A:TLA was only 12 episodes in,
            they had just aired The Great Divide (what most fans call a complete filler episode),
            and Aang's character was obviously in a child-like crush state with Korra.
            Child crushes do seem a bit more off-putting than a teen romance to me, but I kept watching.

I just say "give LoK a shot".
            Not everyone is a mad shipper, but with the fandom A:TLA had,
            I'm not surprised at the amount of shipping LoK has. wink
            Even some of the shippers can be decent fans and can be level-headed. 3nodding

aang had a cruch on korra? but how? he's like 60 years older and dead >>
i joke i joke lol i know you meant katara
Osgood Schlatter

Fair enough. 3nodding
It's good to know there is useless romance in it; which I'm sure some people would disagree on.
But there is other stuff I can watch which is good instead ? Which is good to know.
If so I'll just ignore the romance and see what other things they have to offer. ~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff