Welcome to Gaia! ::

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Alright so I get what Aangs son is saying and all and I understand that pro-bending could look like a joke on bending but given this is the 'modern age' and things have changed what is so wrong about pro-bending? I mean, given that Aang and Zuko (and friends) helped create a world where there didn't have to be bending for wars etc anymore (though, of course, they were not going to stop wars breaking out etc still but they did want to keep conflict to a minimum) then besides work shouldn't there be some fun with bending also?

Take Tenzins father, Aang was the one who was ALWAYS off using his bending abilities to play jokes on others etc, if anything, I think Aang would of probably liked the way Pro-Bending is played, maybe not fully but still, I could easily see him watching a game or two, this is what Aang liked, he believed in having fun, Bumi still did when he was older and Aang sorta liked that about his old friend and carried on with it. I guess I see Katara in Tenzin, he takes after his mothers serious side and always wants to get on with work, keeping things like they were etc but Katara understands times have changed so why is Tenzin calling pro-bending bad when his father would of liked the game? Bending is now about having fun, sure we see these turf wars and Amon's group and what not but still, take them out, the worlds changed, fun can be had now, fun that Aang and Zuko help allow after the 100 year war, surely Tenzin just needs to lighten up and remember what his father was like.
Tarrlok's just overly-serious.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
I think the reason why it'd make an old fuddy duddy like Tenzin not like it because it's a show. It lowers the seriousness and the art form of Bending (which it kinda does, it really does dumb down bending compared to the original show). Since he's very traditional seeing what he's studied and more then likely lived his whole life, being showed up in this gaudy fashion it would make him frown.

Tenzin was more then likely seriously raised up with more Aangs teaching to carry on airbending, so naturally he'd learn more about the work and art behind bending and Air bending is the most spiritual of the bending and it kinda looks like Pro Bending is just show. No real meat behind it other then a shallow usage of bending.

Older generations look back at what's nostalgic for them and see it morphed into some goofy thing naturally gets them a bit angry over it. To them, they'd rather see the art of what they had in a younger time.
I think pro-bending might be better if they had single element teams too. I'm sure they see a team of water/fire/earth as fair, but why can't there be teams made of just one element.

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Elementally Bent
I think pro-bending might be better if they had single element teams too. I'm sure they see a team of water/fire/earth as fair, but why can't there be teams made of just one element.

Unity. Water/fire/earth are on the teams to promote unity between the different benders.

Fashionable Shopper

User ImagePro-bending reminds me of Earth Rumble a bit except I really liked Earth Rumble better since you saw more interesting things. I think that Tenzin hated pro-bending is because it took the art out of bending. I can see Tenzin getting more relaxed though. He definitely saw that Korra really progressed in airbending when she was pro-bending. Pr-bending isn't bad. Tenzin just responds more to the spiritual side of bending.

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Cart Raider 100
I like probending.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items