Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

Before the series is over.

I definitely think they'll kill Katara off.
Do you know how good that'd be for ratings and plot development?
Will I hate the episode in which they kill her off? Mmhm

I'll be Ozai level pissed. I'll be so pissed that if I were the avatar I'd go on an avatar state rampage.
But I think that for the sake of developing the show and finally establishing LoK as a show that can stand on its own two feet without old character involvement, they'll kill off Katara.

Hbu?

Original Shapeshifter

7,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
so far, wat has katara done in the show for them to kill her off? NOT A DAMN THING!! if u want someone killed off, y not her air bending teacher, that would make her go into the bender state and probably unlock her air bending, but katara is of little significance to the story so far

Aged Gaian

Aridenour
so far, wat has katara done in the show for them to kill her off? NOT A DAMN THING!! if u want someone killed off, y not her air bending teacher, that would make her go into the bender state and probably unlock her air bending, but katara is of little significance to the story so far
I definitely didn't mean now. And that doesn't take away from my point.
I think Katara will have heaps more relevance as the series progresses, we're just at episode 3 right now.
Like I said, I just think they need to let the past go with this series. Or else it just shows or implies that the show was mainly watched for the sake of the old characters and not the interest of the show outside of those characters.
Well of course they will, lol.

And it will be ******** depressing when they do.

Original Shapeshifter

7,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
TheDrunkenApothecary
Aridenour
I think Katara will have heaps more relevance as the series progresses, we're just at episode 3 right now.
Like I said, I just think they need to let the past go with this series. Or else it just shows or implies that the show was mainly watched for the sake of the old characters and not the interest of the show outside of those characters.

but everything that has happened is bc of those said characters, if it wasnt for them, then this series wouldnt have come to light, and they r not relying heavily upon them, mentions of them and their kids, yes, but not solely relying on them

Friendly Kitten

Hm. Is she important enough to kill off?

Aged Gaian

Aridenour
TheDrunkenApothecary
Aridenour

but everything that has happened is bc of those said characters, if it wasnt for them, then this series wouldnt have come to light, and they r not relying heavily upon them, mentions of them and their kids, yes, but not solely relying on them
Yes, but this isn't their series. What I'm trying to get it is that it's time to let go of the past.
In fact, someone reminded me of an episode in the original series that ascertains that she will die.
Katara went to a fortune teller and was informed that she would die upon the birth of her 4th grandchild.
Pema is pregnant with her 4th.

Original Shapeshifter

7,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
TheDrunkenApothecary
Aridenour
TheDrunkenApothecary
Aridenour

Yes, but this isn't their series. What I'm trying to get it is that it's time to let go of the past.
In fact, someone reminded me of an episode in the original series that ascertains that she will die.
Katara went to a fortune teller and was informed that she would die upon the birth of her 4th grandchild.

then there u go, u have ur wish, y put it in a forum?

Aged Gaian

Aridenour
TheDrunkenApothecary
Aridenour
TheDrunkenApothecary
Aridenour

then there u go, u have ur wish, y put it in a forum?
For a discussion, not to sit here trying to argue that it'd be aimless to keep her alive around this time for no blatant reason, if they've killed just about everyone else.

Dangerous Visionary

I doubt it. It would be pretty ballsy if they did as this would be the first time a character that a series is named after gets killed.

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
Aridenour

it depends on how they kill him off. let say Amon kills him while hes trying to help Korra escape. then s**t will hit the fan. but if its a natural death then she'll just be sad mabey question if she wants to continue or she'll finally find her resolve and air bend to show her teachings werent in vain

Backwoods Loiterer

Actually when Katara said "Goodbye Korra" I got the feeling she was saying a final goodbye. ;_;
I don't think she'll come back into the story at all and she'll die peacefully in an igloo to join Aang, her brother, and everyone else.

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
Well, the creators have shown they have the guts to show characters getting hurt to the point of never getting up again or a clearly you're totally dead we will never see you again situation in the last show. Jet and Zhao respectively, then prolly a few others that I don't remember/cared about as much as those two.

And that one was the light hearted show!

They seemed to only show death when it really mattered. Already admitting that most of the original cast is already powerful deadz like without a sign of ever appearing in the flesh again, so what would be the point of killing her off? She's far away from the plot, and even the area where the plot is. She has no reason of appearing in Republican City, since she's prolly just waiting her life out at this moment till she dies.

If anything, taking out one of the main characters would be an interesting way to go, or at least an important character that I fall inlove with and ends up dieing thanks to my "favorite character always die" curse. Or at the moment, I have a target on Asami's father, Hiroshi, as the one who's prolly going to die at some point. Just reading his wiki it screams "Hi gaiz I'm gonna die for my baby girl lol 8D".

OH ZHAO BABY. I MISSED YOU SO HARD IN THE OTHER SHOW. Azula was nice BUT nowhere near as badass as youuuu ;~;

Invisible Fairy

8,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
There is a site with leaks on. I saw two episodes. Katara's still in one.

Hilarious Vampire

7,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
TheDrunkenApothecary
Aridenour
TheDrunkenApothecary
Aridenour

Actually, the fortune-teller predicted Katara would die after the birth of her third great grand-child. All of the grandkids we know aren't even old enough to have one kid, let alone three.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff