Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
If an Avatar were to die while giving birth.....would the Avatar's child become the next Avatar?

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Only if that child were from the next nation in the cycle.

So, if hypothetically, Kora died in childbirth, her child would only potentially be the Avatar is they were primarily an Earthbender.

Witty Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
[Ren The Ryoko]

So, if hypothetically, Kora died in childbirth, her child would only potentially be the Avatar is they were primarily an Earthbender.
So, if Korra were to have a child with Bolin or another earthbender....it would be possible? :3

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Tohru_bunny
[Ren The Ryoko]

So, if Korra were to have a child with Bolin or another earthbender....it would be possible? :3

Hypothetically, yes.

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
how about you go back and watch the first series again

Witty Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
red-tala9
I have and it says when an Avatar dies, s/he is re-born into a newborn child. So, hypothetically yes. The situation is possible if the previous Avatar were to have a child from the next cycle. Just like Ren said. I just wanted to clarify my thoughts with another user.Thank you for your advice though, red-tala9.
It would be possible but statistically unlikely. Mainly because on top of the avatar's kid being an earthbender born at the moment of death, there's a lot of other earthbenders being born.

Witty Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Halberd_Fangirl
It would be possible but statistically unlikely. Mainly because on top of the avatar's kid being an earthbender born at the moment of death, there's a lot of other earthbenders being born.
Oh, that's true c: I didn't think of that.

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
Tohru_bunny
red-tala9
I have and it says when an Avatar dies, s/he is re-born into a newborn child. So, hypothetically yes. The situation is possible if the previous Avatar were to have a child from the next cycle. Just like Ren said. I just wanted to clarify my thoughts with another user.Thank you for your advice though, red-tala9.

actually i don't think its possible for her child to be the avatar even if she dies in chil birth just because she was alive when the child was conceived therefore it kinda has a soul or spirit of its own
rencrnation is:
you die and your then reborn into another life with pretty much no connection to your own
but hell anythings possible in the world of cartoons

Dapper Loiterer

Tohru_bunny
[Ren The Ryoko]

Oh god. I'm not sure if I want this or not. gonk
It's a brilliant idea plot-wise if she ends up with Bolin, and I'd LOVE to see it because I'm a huge Borra fan and that's incredibly dramatic...
But I don't want to see Korra DIE. gonk Or see Bolin through that much sadness..!

/un-relevent post. sweatdrop

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
red-tala9
Tohru_bunny
red-tala9

actually i don't think its possible for her child to be the avatar even if she dies in chil birth just because she was alive when the child was conceived therefore it kinda has a soul or spirit of its own
rencrnation is:
you die and your then reborn into another life with pretty much no connection to your own

We aren't totally sure how it works, honestly.
In the Roku flashbacks we go STRAIGHT from Roku's death, directly to Aang's birth.
I mean there's no consensus about when people get their souls in the Avatarverse. It could be at birth for all we know.

Witty Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
[Ren The Ryoko]
red-tala9
Tohru_bunny
red-tala9

rencrnation is:

In the Roku flashbacks we go STRAIGHT from Roku's death, directly to Aang's birth.
I mean there's no consensus about when people get their souls in the Avatarverse. It could be at birth for all we know.
Ah! So it could take years until the Avatar is reincarnated then? It's not the very instant they die? XD My head is spinning.

Witty Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Kimi Doodles
Tohru_bunny
[Ren The Ryoko]

It's a brilliant idea plot-wise if she ends up with Bolin, and I'd LOVE to see it because I'm a huge Borra fan and that's incredibly dramatic...
But I don't want to see Korra DIE. gonk Or see Bolin through that much sadness..!

:3 It would be an awesome fan-fiction to read!

Dapper Loiterer

Tohru_bunny
Kimi Doodles
Tohru_bunny
[Ren The Ryoko]

:3 It would be an awesome fan-fiction to read!

It would! Someone start writing this thing now and break my frail little heart even more then this pairing already does! gonk

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Tohru_bunny
[Ren The Ryoko]
red-tala9
Tohru_bunny
red-tala9

rencrnation is:

Ah! So it could take years until the Avatar is reincarnated then? It's not the very instant they die? XD My head is spinning.

The general debate would be do babies in the Avatarverse get their souls at conception or at birth.
If babies get their souls at conception then there's a 9 month gab between the Avatar's death and the new Avatar's birth.
If babies get their soul's at birth (or when labor is induced?), then the gap would be basically non-existant or only a few hours off.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff