Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

Traumends
xx Cookie-Boots xx
Traumends
oTrissa
xx Cookie-Boots xx

If they're the same person, they should have the same voice actor. neutral
Since Amon is voiced by Steve Blum, there's really no excuse.
Don't care. I mean I could say something like, they can obviously have a voice changing machine in this time period and it could be stuck in his mask, but I really don't care.

But you did say it, so you must care. emotion_awesome

Anyways, are you talking about Tarrlock? The dude that is running the task force? Nobody made Korra join pro-bending...

And I think the voice thing would be too much of a giveaway, so there is either a voice changer (which I highly doubt) or Amon is someone whom we have not met yet.
Not really; Steve Blum can make himself sound like a completely different person.

Well, I'm talking about Amon, not Steve Blum.

Captcha: Yeah Right
xD
Just saying that it could be more easily justified, and there is no reason to hire an additional voice actor when he can make himself sound just as different.

9,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
xx Cookie-Boots xx
Traumends
xx Cookie-Boots xx
Traumends
oTrissa
xx Cookie-Boots xx

Don't care. I mean I could say something like, they can obviously have a voice changing machine in this time period and it could be stuck in his mask, but I really don't care.

Anyways, are you talking about Tarrlock? The dude that is running the task force? Nobody made Korra join pro-bending...

And I think the voice thing would be too much of a giveaway, so there is either a voice changer (which I highly doubt) or Amon is someone whom we have not met yet.
Not really; Steve Blum can make himself sound like a completely different person.

xD
Just saying that it could be more easily justified, and there is no reason to hire an additional voice actor when he can make himself sound just as different.

Oh, I know. I meant like Amon using something to change his voice, so it's harder to find out who he is. But I highly doubt that is the case. I think Amon is someone we haven't met before.

Shadowy Inquisitor

8,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
oTrissa
The water tribe man that had Korra join the pro-bending thing.

Thoughts?
User Image

User Image

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
You guys honestly would think that after going through the trouble of hiding amon's face that they would give him the same voice actor as whoever could possibly be masquerading as him?

Edit: another point is that we already know water benders can manipulate bodily fluids. They may be able to manipulate blood in the brain, and if Amon has figured out which part of the brain is somehow responsible for bending, it would make sense that by lobotomiesing benders may take their bending away. Though not as elegant as energy bending, it is a possibility.

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

Traumends
xx Cookie-Boots xx
Traumends
xx Cookie-Boots xx
Traumends

xD

Oh, I know. I meant like Amon using something to change his voice, so it's harder to find out who he is. But I highly doubt that is the case. I think Amon is someone we haven't met before.

I think so too; at least, I hope so.
The voice thing would just be a minor "meh" kinda thing, since it might be outside some people's suspension of disbelief to believe that Tarrlok can do the Amon voice. The problem is fixed, however, if they really are voiced by the same person.

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
xx Cookie-Boots xx
Traumends
xx Cookie-Boots xx
Traumends
oTrissa
xx Cookie-Boots xx

xD
Yeah but I don't care to justify, it's just a random fun theory.

Ormen_Blackstar's Compadre

Smitten Kitten

I don't think so. I know this isn't a deciding factor, at all, but Amon did say he wears a mask because his face was burned. Of course that could be a sob story to make benders sound terrible, but still. I'd like to think it's actually burned badly and we get to see it way later on. >_>

Hilarious Friend

8,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200
tarrlok has dark skin and amon has pale skin
that alone should tell you that tarrlok is not amon

Gracious Humorist

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
this is all pretty interesting... so let me add in a little more food for thought:

1) didn't Tarrlock seem a little too eager to change his mind on the subject of the pro-bending finals?

2) how do we REALLY know if Amon was telling the truth about his past? seeing as he is a masked entity, there is no real way to know. (is he really scarred under the mask? is he really a non-bender? etc. etc.)

3)Tarrlock's tactics for recruiting Korra into his task force were too... desperate... sure, she would be a powerful asset in fighting the equalists, but he did not have to use such underhanded measures, thus antagonizing himself to Korra.

4) in continuation to 3, Amon said that he needed a champion for the benders in order for his plan to succeed: he needed a scapegoat. If Tarrlock wanted to make an anti-equalist task force, wouldn't Bei Fong's team of metal benders be sufficient? (as in her own statements bout having armor resistant to chi-blockers)

anyway, this is just my opinion. interpret it however you like.
First off, the "annoying guy on the council" is named Tarrlock. Second off, it can't be him. Tarrlock and Amon are voiced by two different people.

Time-traveling Senshi

One that would make everything Amon has said to this point to be a total lie and change everything we know about him. Two, Tenzin would recognize the voice right away having worked with Tarrlok on nearly a daily basis. These theories about it being Tarrlok or Bumi or Zuko can all be dis-proven by the fact that they're people Tenzin works with or knows intimately. Plus, Amon's hands are too pale to be Tarrlok.

Amon could be a descendant of the cabbage guy from the original Avatar series.

Too many smashed cabbages.

Gracious Humorist

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
consider this though: Did batman need a voice changer to change his voice? also, although most of you may not notice it due to the change in lighting... but as far as i can tell, Tarrlok and Amon's hands dont look too different in shade.

I may be wrong, but i'm just saying that out of the cast shown so far; Tarrlok is the most likely suspect

Apocalyptic Lunatic

32,475 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
"I know who Amon is"
I think it's funny, everyone is right because everyone is wrong.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff