Welcome to Gaia! ::

High-functioning Bibliophile

Well while that's an interesting theory, Koh isn't an inherently malevolent being he's just amoral. He also has no hatred for the Avatar only for one of the incarnations, and he took that Avatar's love away because he shirked his duties. He loves tricking people to take their faces, so his actions towards Aang when they met were only his nature towards anyone he encountered in general.

Koh's cryptic and he willingly gave Aang information when he sought it out. He's not evil.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Ouhi_Emi

Well I agree it makes him less terrifying but the point is that you don't know. If it is the case and we find out only in the end he still would have been freaking scary up till that point. I mean we would have no idea. Just a thought.

What are the odds he wears the mask because Koh stole his face? (He could have easily lied about the fire bending dude...) I really want Koh in this series. He scared the pants off me for the brief screen time he had. I just like theorizing. : D

I always thought it was implied that face stealing kills the victim, but it's never clear. But yeah, I'm curious as to whether he's lying about the firebender thing...

Okay, new theory! emotion_awesome His eyes appear yellowish in color, though that could be the lighting, implying possible Fire Nation ancestry. He had one or more firebending siblings, but he was a nonbender. His parents, both firebenders, were traditionalists who felt benders were superior so they resented Amon. He was neglected and abused while his siblings got special treatment. One day while trying to force himself to firebend, cause he wanted to do it SO BAD, he ended up setting his home on fire, accidentally killing his entire family while they slept and scarring his own face. Another user pointed out that Amon's movements when he fights and when he prepares to take bending away are very similar to firebending movements, so I take that as evidence. emotion_awesome Amon blamed the incident on his family. After all, he wouldn't have tried to do what he did if they weren't so extreme in their support of bending and if they didn't neglect him in favor of his bending siblings.

I love crazy theories. cat_rofl

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

Corazon de la Loba

Well, either it's fake or not. The scary thing about this technique is that...

Amon can basically teach this move to anyone that wants to follow his movement.

-~-♥-~-

Backwoods Loiterer

I just want Koh to show up. Thrown me a bone here Bryan!

Frankly all theories are possible until proven wrong! emotion_awesome For some reason I just want to believe Amon got his face stolen by Koh (I figure if the monkey that got his face stolen is alive sure why not?) and he now has a beef with the spirits and thus the Avatar. Being the bridge between both worlds and all. Why does he hate benders in general? And why all spirits? Lets just say my theories are filled with more holes than swiss cheese.

Like I said. I just want to see Koh again. With new faces. emotion_facepalm

foolsDiamond's Bride

Shy Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Energybending is the ability to bend life energy. It predates the four main bending arts, as well as the arrival of the Avatar and the formation of the four nations.
Before the arrival of the Avatar into the world and the separation of the four elements, people bent the energy within themselves. At some point, they discovered the other four bending arts, and, over time, the knowledge to perform energybending was almost completely lost. The last known keeper of the art was the ancient lion turtle, who later passed it down to Avatar Aang.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff