Welcome to Gaia! ::

mandawhorian's Husbando

Tipsy Conversationalist

8,975 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I just started season 1, I'm on episode 7 I think. But she has been a sincerely disappointing character. Half the time I find her unimpressive and boorish, the rest I find her to, well, be a self-centered b*tch.

In the end i like Asami way better.

She doesn't go around kissing other girl's boyfriends.

Doesn't make sexist judgements ("what are you going to do take us shopping? Make overs?" God Korra being pretty doesn't mean she a girly girl and either way THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT)

And when she does something wrong she feels guilt - Korra doesn't seem to care when she's being a bad friend/person/

I don't think she's a good person and if I knew her in real life I would want to punch her in the face.

I feel like Aman deserves a better rival xD

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
You really going to dislike her in season two... lol

Well, she is still growing. It's been awhile since I watch season one but I'm sure she didn't get a chance to interact with people her own age and do the things that other teenagers do at the time. She was training all the time so I'll assume she'll have some social issues.

Plus, this season is start of her emotional and spiritual growth so she still have some time.

Yeah, Asami is cool.
Don't really care much for Mako.

Feral Hunter

So... she's like a regular human being?

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Asami kissed another person's boyfriend in book two.
Just sayin'.
Still have not finished the original Avatar the last Airbender...opposs

mandawhorian's Husbando

Tipsy Conversationalist

8,975 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Balmaur
Just sayin'.

agh damn it asami emotion_donotwant

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
TheStitchedHeart
Balmaur
Just sayin'.

agh damn it asami emotion_donotwant
It's cool. They both single in Book 3 and have become gal pals.

Beloved Sweetheart

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: KO 200
even though Korra's personality sucks, she'll progress. Season 2 I really had to cringe on her gonk

But in Season 3, she's pretty tolerable to deal with.

Heart Hunter

9,650 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Full closet 200
I didn't like her at all at first, either, but it gets better. She does some growing up, and I think we'll see a much more promising Korra this season. Mako is a still a douche bag, though, don't expect that to change. Honestly, I wish they had just left his butt in Republic City, but whatever. stare

On the up side, Bolin is back to being as adorable as ever. 3nodding Not enough that I'm fangirl-ing him or anything. No, I still save my fangirl-ing for Zuko. I don't care if he's a hundred, okay?! Don't judge me!
Korra is a bland character, but she develops in book 2 for sure.

you actually grow to respect her more and more...

I REALLY HATE MAKO THOUGH
he's just annoying and I wish Korra would of gotten together with Bolin. he's such a sweetheart. and is kinda like the sokka of the group. y'know. but that'll never happen. ugh. so disappointing.(I really ended up liking him together with Eska...to bad it didn't last x3)
Faol_Cailin
I didn't like her at all at first, either, but it gets better. She does some growing up, and I think we'll see a much more promising Korra this season. Mako is a still a douche bag, though, don't expect that to change. Honestly, I wish they had just left his butt in Republic City, but whatever. stare

On the up side, Bolin is back to being as adorable as ever. 3nodding Not enough that I'm fangirl-ing him or anything. No, I still save my fangirl-ing for Zuko. I don't care if he's a hundred, okay?! Don't judge me!

Bolin is adorable!!!

I really don't like Mako, I don't know why the rest of the fandom does really, he's kind of a jerk. emotion_donotwant

Premium Gaian

Alybby87
Korra is a bland character, but she develops in book 2 for sure.

you actually grow to respect her more and more...

I REALLY HATE MAKO THOUGH
he's just annoying and I wish Korra would of gotten together with Bolin. he's such a sweetheart. and is kinda like the sokka of the group. y'know. but that'll never happen. ugh. so disappointing.(I really ended up liking him together with Eska...to bad it didn't last x3)

If you paid attention to the end of season 2..He told her his real feelings in the end, and Korra and the rest of them thought he was lying to help them escape her. But if you paid attention to Bolin's attitude about the whole thing, he seemed sad when he told her she was right. Basically meaning, he meant everything he said to Esna. But that's how things work /shrug.
I like that Korra had character development throughout the series. I didn't like her personality but she was a good character if that makes sense. Like..I didn't like Zuko at first because he was obsessed with the avatar and his honor yadayada but throughout the series he became one of my favorites. And Korra I hated because she was naive and thought she owned the world, but as the series went on, she started to mature and grow up a bit.

Inb4 someone says, "Well Zuko's dad was a manipulative, nutcase. Of course he would be obsessed with the avatar!" Korra lived her life on a compound, isolated from the world, with barely any friends and was taught she was the key to world peace. So of course she would be naive and have an inflated ego. talk2hand

Omnipresent Warlord

TheStitchedHeart
I just started season 1, I'm on episode 7 I think. But she has been a sincerely disappointing character. Half the time I find her unimpressive and boorish, the rest I find her to, well, be a self-centered b*tch.

In the end i like Asami way better.

She doesn't go around kissing other girl's boyfriends.

Doesn't make sexist judgements ("what are you going to do take us shopping? Make overs?" God Korra being pretty doesn't mean she a girly girl and either way THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT)

And when she does something wrong she feels guilt - Korra doesn't seem to care when she's being a bad friend/person/

I don't think she's a good person and if I knew her in real life I would want to punch her in the face.

I feel like Aman deserves a better rival xD

It's called character development. It's not uncommon for a writer to make a story about a flawed character who over the course of the story matures into a better character. She changes significantly after she hits rock bottom a few times.

Shy Gekko

I only watched a few of the episodes, and i am meaning to get back to it, but i agree, a lot of the time i disagreed with her actions, as well as her treatment of other characters... Maybe i cant make a fair judgement (it's been a year since i watched the first season so idk) but i never rooted for her like i do for most main characters... It was disappointing sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff