Welcome to Gaia! ::

Backwoods Loiterer

Syllette

Yea, i do like how they showed the "aftermath" of everything.
but its so different.. it almost feels like Avatar met fullmetal alchemist..
they apparently got all this new technology in Legend of Korra, and it's basically a mix of eastern buildings with america's jazz age.

One thing i greatly dislike tho, is how they made the Fire nation YET AGAIN the enemy.
wish they would of did something new with that..
I've been watching a ton of reviews since i found out about the new series.
none have impressed me enough to actually watch it yet =/
i do hope i come across a review that changes my mind.. Avatar used to be one of my favorites

Well it should be different. It is not intended to be a rehash of the old series with similar characters and adventures. That would be, in my opinion, boring. This is a new take and frankly a lot can change in 70 years thus the new technological environment. I'm loving it. (Cars look funky though)

Btw fire nation is not the enemy. Where did you get that? Have you watched the episodes?

6,650 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Syllette
Grim Paladin
Syllette
I feel like this "Legend of Korra" series is just gonna kill the whole Avatar story together =/
Basically all the original characters we grew to love died off. All that's left are Katara (who's going to be killed off in this series) and Zuko who so far isnt playing any huge role.
Sokka's dead
Aang's dead
everyone..
that killed it for me...
Plus Korra and Mako's relationship is wayyy to forced from the get-go. Gives us no excitement.
but that's just my personal opinion...

It's suppose to be that way. It's a spin-off. Not a sequal. I'm loving it. I like seeing how Aang, Sokka, Katara, and Suko shaped the world.

Yea, i do like how they showed the "aftermath" of everything.
but its so different.. it almost feels like Avatar met fullmetal alchemist..
they apparently got all this new technology in Legend of Korra, and it's basically a mix of eastern buildings with america's jazz age.

One thing i greatly dislike tho, is how they made the Fire nation YET AGAIN the enemy.
wish they would of did something new with that..
I've been watching a ton of reviews since i found out about the new series.
none have impressed me enough to actually watch it yet =/
i do hope i come across a review that changes my mind.. Avatar used to be one of my favorites

I think you should just watch it and see for yourself. It'll only take half an hour of your time if you watch an episode entirely. The only problem I have with a show, (and on a scale of 1 to 100, it'd be a 1) is all the technology seems to have advanced way to fast, or at least to me. Maybe to me the automobiles should be more model t ford like or something. They just seem to far advanced for the time that has passed. And either I haven't payed as much attention or something but I never noticed the fire nation as the enemy in this series. It appears the big enemy will be the anti-benders, the people who believe benders shouldn't exist.
Ouhi_Emi

It's just stupid to me how they did it tho. everyone's dead but Katara, who doesn't even play a real role =/ i know this is just one opinion, but it would of been better if they advanced alittle further in time.. literally it just seems like Katara was put there to rub in our faces about her death. (fortune teller told her she was going to die in her sleep after the birth of her 4th grandchild)
Grim Paladin

Reason i said the fire nation is the enemy - looked up spoiler reviews... The lady who was reviewing showed some guys in masks and talked about how their the fire nation and what not. If im wrong, blame her lmao
I just cant get over the technology. I fully agree. It's only been what... 50 years maybe? They shouldnt of sped up.

Honestly i probably will watch the series after it get's into the episodes a bit..
I just really don't want to be disappointed

Heckler

Syllette
It's just stupid to me how they did it tho. everyone's dead but Katara, who doesn't even play a real role =/ i know this is just one opinion, but it would of been better if they advanced alittle further in time.. literally it just seems like Katara was put there to rub in our faces about her death. (fortune teller told her she was going to die in her sleep after the birth of her 4th grandchild)

Reason i said the fire nation is the enemy - looked up spoiler reviews... The lady who was reviewing showed some guys in masks and talked about how their the fire nation and what not. If im wrong, blame her lmao
I just cant get over the technology. I fully agree. It's only been what... 50 years maybe? They shouldnt of sped up.

Honestly i probably will watch the series after it get's into the episodes a bit..
I just really don't want to be disappointed
They probably introduced Katara to bridge the gap between one series and another. Also for a bit of Tenzin/Momma interaction. If you want a nearly direct sequel then try "The Promise", it's a comic book series that takes place almost right after the end of the first show. But imo Aang's story was done. The goal he's been working for for over three seasons has been completed. Ozai's dead, the world's at peace. It'd be contrived to wheel him out for another Bigger Bad.

Yeah I am kind of disappointed that firebenders and scarring are once again seen as the start of darkness for an evil character but on the plus side, it's more balanced representation now that Mako's a main character. Besides, we don't even know if that's the truth.

And they can totally have sped up since the last series. It's been almost 70 years, do you know how much development took place between now and 1940? Or 1940 and 1870? The more technology develops, the faster it develops, and the Fire Nation really kicked things off with their mass production of armor, boats, massive drills and air ships in the last season. They were plenty equipped to make the advancements they have. Plus they have benders to speed things along.

You're only going to be disappointed if you cling to the idea that it should be like the last series because it really isn't, nor should it be. If you haven't gotten over A:TLA ending, don't bother watching Korra.

Friendly Wench

annapoleon
Gods of Olympus
annapoleon
O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
I was totally ready, but Korra sucks.

How so? Warn me! I don't want to risk disappointment. I'm much to fragile when it comes to my TV show choices. Trust me.

In the literal sense, she means.

Whoa! No one told me it was that kind of show, Avatar used to be such a kid's show. How the world has changed...

I did NOT mean it in a literal sense. Don't listen to him. I just really dislike Korra because she is too thick-headed and strong-willed, but not in the loveable sort of way. She's sort of bitter and rebellious. Not likeable or relateable. And the series has pushed romance in the first few episodes, it's too forced. The only saving grace is the fact that they're now living in a modern society, which I enjoy.

Beloved Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
Well, if Their kids were at the same time as ur kids, that would realllllly take a long time and we wont have a new avatar yet ^^"
so, yeah I love the 1st series but then and ow ast the time flies is very shocking but, i guess we have to deal with it to welcome the new avatar korra ^_^

Intellectual Millionaire

10,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
honestly, i'm not ready for korra. i dont understand nay of it and personally avitar the last airbender was enough for me. and FTR personally think its retarded that she learns 3 elemst on the first episode and only needs 1 more element. i just dont understand it at all. i wont diss or say anythin gnegative about ir though. and i wont say anything negative to peoepl or they posts about kora. wink whee confused

Distinct Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
Look, people are wearing their nostalgia goggles way too tight. Most of the people that don't like it, are those people. Then there are those that just don't like her as a person, and then there's that one a** hole from a few threads over that doesn't like her 'cause she's a woman. I love this series. It's fresh. It's new. It's not the same ******** thing over and over . It gets dull. It's why CSI shows get canceled. It's why I stopped watching House. It got predictable.

This, is new. I love it. Also, she may of just been a prodigy, just knowing three of the four. She wasn't a master at five years of age. She just got lucky, no more, no less. Besides, I like the fact she more confrontational. Watch it and make your own idea of it, just keep in mind: IT'S NOT A SEQUEL. IT'S NOT THE SAME THING. IT'S A ******** SPIN OFF. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE EVEN REMOTELY SIMILAR.

Lonely Survivor

8,550 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
Grim Paladin

It's suppose to be that way. It's a spin-off. Not a sequal. I'm loving it. I like seeing how Aang, Sokka, Katara, and Suko shaped the world.

Agreed 3nodding

Hunter

I was already like 16 when the show came out and I didn't even watch it for the first time until the last book was already in progress (I remember seeing the final episodes when they aired) so I'm definitely not having those feelings. I loved the concept and story in the show but it was always just a little young for me, but the Legend of Korra, since it's targeted to an older audience is just fine to me. It's based off the original series, sure, but to me it's a whole other show. I think they've executed it perfectly so far.
aanng is cute and funny i don't think kora is gonna be better razz

Hunter

xTootsiePopx3
aanng is cute and funny i don't think kora is gonna be better razz

Well it's kind of hard to compare them isn't it? They're both so different...but that's the point. Aang was a free spirit, easygoing and Naive, and Korra is a headstrong powerhouse who can't relate to the spiritual aspect of being the Avatar. Apples to oranges my friend.

7,825 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Junior Trader 100
heart heart

7,825 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Junior Trader 100
hi redface

7,825 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100