Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Visionary

CreativeButLazy
Cyber bending aside, it'd be cool if they could at least make enough series complete the cycle once regardless of if there would still be more avatars after that (which would be two more series after Korra). Especially if they tied them together by having events from one series help shape the conflict of the next one, similar to how Roku burdens were inherited by Aang.

Aang probably made it difficult for Korra too when you think about it. Thanks to his engerybending. classified_fu Amon.

Dangerous Visionary

marshmallowcreampie
I was gonna post a WMG like that on TV Tropes a while ago, but someone beat me to it. cat_whee

Anyway, yeah, if the creators are up to it, I'd love to see more sequel series. Watch how the place of bending changes as the world changes. A third series that takes place in a world like ours would be really neat. cat_whee

It wasn't me. I don't know how to write tropes I just get addicted to them. crying One thing I want to see is some swing dancing and Korra in a flapper dress. DA has failed me so far......

Dangerous Visionary

Makorra
Two more Avatar series? I would die. In a good way. emotion_kirakira

I agree with what you said, about it eventually lacking in substance. Yet, it would still be some nice entertainment for when I'm bored or need to relax. I really like the idea of the series continuing on to complete the whole roundabout of the elements.

Giggles at your user name. Yeah cause even if they made one more it would look like they were milking it too hard. B &M are good creators and writers but there's just a limit on how long something good can last. Even I'm wary of Avatar IN SPACE! It just seems so far fetched and I just don't think it could work.

Dapper Capitalist

Miss-dark8607
CreativeButLazy
Cyber bending aside, it'd be cool if they could at least make enough series complete the cycle once regardless of if there would still be more avatars after that (which would be two more series after Korra). Especially if they tied them together by having events from one series help shape the conflict of the next one, similar to how Roku burdens were inherited by Aang.

Aang probably made it difficult for Korra too when you think about it. Thanks to his engerybending. classified_fu Amon.

Probably. It certainly would be interesting to watch how a history of a world is shaped over the course of a few centuries, seeing how each conflicted unfolds and is resolved only to leave the seeds that will grow into the next conflict, because in reality there is no definitive happily ever after due to the fact that history is really just one linear story with no real end in site (until the universe implodes that is but even then it could just lead to the creation of a whole new universe in which the story will just continue even still). But of course they can stop after two more series because anymore than that would be way too excessive.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Miss-dark8607
marshmallowcreampie
I was gonna post a WMG like that on TV Tropes a while ago, but someone beat me to it. cat_whee

Anyway, yeah, if the creators are up to it, I'd love to see more sequel series. Watch how the place of bending changes as the world changes. A third series that takes place in a world like ours would be really neat. cat_whee

It wasn't me. I don't know how to write tropes I just get addicted to them. crying One thing I want to see is some swing dancing and Korra in a flapper dress. DA has failed me so far......

Man, when I saw those gangsters and realized they really were going to do the 1920's prohibition era type thing, I was hoping we'd see some flappers. emotion_awesome

Dangerous Visionary

marshmallowcreampie
Miss-dark8607
marshmallowcreampie

Man, when I saw those gangsters and realized they really were going to do the 1920's prohibition era type thing, I was hoping we'd see some flappers. emotion_awesome

Look what I just found thanks to Tumblr:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dangerous Visionary

CreativeButLazy
Miss-dark8607
CreativeButLazy

Probably. It certainly would be interesting to watch how a history of a world is shaped over the course of a few centuries, seeing how each conflicted unfolds and is resolved only to leave the seeds that will grow into the next conflict, because in reality there is no definitive happily ever after due to the fact that history is really just one linear story with no real end in site (until the universe implodes that is but even then it could just lead to the creation of a whole new universe in which the story will just continue even still). But of course they can stop after two more series because anymore than that would be way too excessive.

Indeed. As the main theme around Avatar is cleaning up mistakes of the past.

Fashionable Genius

YES and YES!

Dangerous Visionary

iFashion
YES and YES!

LOL. Well looks like we planned it all out for our trolling creators let's see what happens after Korra.
CrazyZebu
I dunno about that, but I think an Avatar prequel would be kind of cool. Maybe a series about the first Avatar..?

I agree. I kind of think it would be cool if they made a series about Kiyoshi myself. :3

Dangerous Visionary

Ellehk
CrazyZebu
I dunno about that, but I think an Avatar prequel would be kind of cool. Maybe a series about the first Avatar..?

I agree. I kind of think it would be cool if they made a series about Kiyoshi myself. :3

I do like the whole "how it all began" kind of stories.
Miss-dark8607
Ellehk
CrazyZebu

Yeah, they are pretty cool. And I think Kiyoshi seriously needs more love. >w<;

Dangerous Visionary

Ellehk
Miss-dark8607
Ellehk
CrazyZebu

Yeah, they are pretty cool. And I think Kiyoshi seriously needs more love. >w<;

Well outside of Roku she was one only other avatar that had a pretty good backstory.
Miss-dark8607
Tvtropes
There will be more four seasons series of Avatar world in total
Aang, Korra, Earthbending dude, Firebending gal. In each one the technology will increase accordingly, until the last season will be in Cyberpunk and the big bad will be an earthbender who can 'cyberbend' components in a computer with metalbending and so control the world. After that season, I dunno if Avatar world will continue to exist, or the Avatar and bending powers will cease to exist with such technology and the world will be Avatarless and modern like our own.
I think you mean series and the airbenders are back.

Yeah, on both counts. Got too carried away to worry about simple things like word choice.
It would be a miracle if they hadn't jumped the shark by then.
Maybe we'll get a Star Trek size universe and mythology with the Avatarverse.
I'm sorry, but I started bashing my head into my desk at "cyberbend". Control the components how? By making them break or something?

How about this; the 'Airbender' series took place at the dawn of the Industrial Revolution (mid-1800's). The 'Waterbender' series will take place in the 'Roaring Twenties/Great Depression' era (early-1900's). Perhaps the 'Earthbender' series will take place during a 'Cold War'-style era. Whereas before, the Fire Nation was the dominant military power, by this point, all the nations are extremely powerful, mutually-assured destruction is a very real possibility and a war is brewing that could wipe out everyone. Perhaps the 'Earthbender' series will include James Bond-esqe Spy-Thriller influences? And finally, going by this trend, the 'Firebender' series will happen at the dawn of the space age. And since the Avatar is tied to the Planet, then moving into space would provide some very interesting philosophical dilemmas for the protagonist. And it could provide a pretty awesome finale to the franchise.
Close, but the Earthbender is more likely to take place in the present or the recent past to accommodate Korra NOT dying at 40.

Another alternative. The 'Earthbender' series takes place in modern 21st century setting with corresponding tech levels, dealing with corporate takeover replacing classical balance. 'Firebender' series takes place in the 22nd century with humanity beginning its exploration into deep space, dealing with how humanity and the Avatar expands into other worlds learning alien forms of bending, possibly meeting Alien Avatars. And for good measure we get another 'Airbender' series in the 24th century, where The Federation exists and the Avatar transcends into a spirit of The Galaxy instead of just the Earth.

I read last night on TV tropes when my internet came back and OMG this would would totally rock having two more avatar series and each one jumping ahead in time. Though I think the quality would lack over time but still. Would be kind of cool to see how far this series could go. I'm hoping for a good ending but I can see a bittersweet ending as well since the series is so short.

Anyways theories and predictions you want to be true.
How many Avatar series do you want?

Okay, so this does make some sense, but you do realize that even though Legend of Korra takes place 70 years after Aang, it's not literally 70 years after Aang's death. It's only seventeen. So, the correct time era would be the late 1890's for the Airbender series, leading into the early 1910's early 1920's for the Legend of Korra. So, it all depends on how many "wars" Korra lives through. So, the space race era is definitely possible, but I'm not sure about the whole Star Trek/Halo deal. It'd have to be around the year 2255 according to us. So, who knows. But, all I can say is that I don't think the Star Trek idea is possible for Avatar.

Angelic Muse

27,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pet Lover 100
...Eh, I lose interest in a series if it goes on for too long. Specially when it just gets ridiculous and completely loses it's original charm.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff