Welcome to Gaia! ::

Personally I enjoy the series (given I ignore many parts of season 2 as to not tarnish everything) but I do feel its flawed. In part I feel nick did a great job at screwing over the series and its ability to tell a progressive plot.

Honestly, the setup wouldn't be bad with multiple villains if it had develop that felt as if it progressed through, but it just failed horribly at that particularly through seasons 1-2. The last two seasons I feel are really strong and give a sense of what should of been done if you are making a series with a more 'political' storyline. It just feels jumbled up and it really pulls the series down due to those elements.

It still is a great series... vastly better then most stuff you see on TV. It just really suffers from Nick's greed tugging and making its creation difficult to plan, and just lacking a good solid direction with a more bridging storyline to link the seasons together in a meaningful manor.

Shy Gaian

3,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
You're all right for not liking it. You just like Aang's story better.

You also have to consider for each Avatar based on the political structure timeline they are in, their age difference, personalities,and the arcs provided (character development in those details).

It opens up a lot of views on certain characters. It has diversity.

I like The Legend of Korra because I can relate to a situation I was in this year.

In this case, Korra's haunting what seems to be her Avatar self and Zaheer, in Book 4. Especially in this recent episode.

The only downside: Prince Wu needs to mature.

High-functioning Consumer

8,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
I like the characters and the show but sometimes I get all depressed because with aang there was a final boss to defeat that all the episodes got closer to. Also it was much more of a fantasy

With korra, she has a bunch of new boss enemies all the time and its super-duper realistic. I still enjoy the show its just I wish it was more focused to that one boss

Know what I mean?

RowanMoonGuard's Fangirl

Ursine Champion

18,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Moira 200
  • Bookworm 100
The University Student

Finally watched the episode when I got back into town. It was a good addition. I'm excited that Bolin and Opal are kind of back together.

RowanMoonGuard's Fangirl

Ursine Champion

18,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Moira 200
  • Bookworm 100
Kawaiian Vibes

I completely agree. Aang's story was focused on taking Firelord Ozai down, but it seems like Korra has a new enemy each season, and I don't care for that. Feels kind of like they didn't know where they wanted to go with the story, so they made things more sporadic.

RowanMoonGuard's Fangirl

Ursine Champion

18,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Moira 200
  • Bookworm 100
The University Student

Yeaaah... Opal's better than Eska and Ginger, but I'll admit she pulled a c**t move. That aside, I did enjoy the scene with Zaheer. Although he was introduced as a bad guy, I liked him. And, I don't like many LoK characters. In a way, he reminds me of Aang. Does the next one come out in a week?

Jolly Soldier

16,950 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Generous 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
The University Student

Where do you watch it at? o:

RowanMoonGuard's Fangirl

Ursine Champion

18,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Moira 200
  • Bookworm 100
The University Student

Why would it come outer sooner for me than you? o:

Devoted Friend

7,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I like the series. I didn't like the different story arcs per season either, but now I understand why the creators went that route (they kind of had no choice).

I think it's interesting that people tend to like heroes (or characters in general I suppose) that they can relate to the best. Of course, most people don't want to relate to someone who's portrayed as arrogant and either super hard-headed or so easily persuaded (like Korra is at times). For me this makes her character a little annoying, but I kind of like it because it's different.

Some stuff doesn't make sense or fit with the flow of what I know of the avatar universe so far, but it's not too much that I can't look past some stuff and still really enjoy the show. I really love Mako's, Bolin's and Varrick's characters.

Mako's grumpiness towards Wu makes me laugh. Bolin's reactions to everything are fantastic. Varrick is a hilarity genius and if they made his episode 9 mover into a real movie it would likely still be better than Avatar: The Last Airbender (the movie).

That's it for me for now. heart
Good night lovely forum people!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas