Welcome to Gaia! ::

Raider

I'm not very fund of the new concept of having air benders replace the avatar (either for a period of time or a new found destiny).

It just seems like too much to ask for, how can you bring balance to the world with only airbending as a tool of defence within three other kingdoms??

I feel the conservation of an air nomadic society should be acknowledged, eventually reclaiming the air nations like those from the past and bringing balance to the avatar's world. There is just too many changes happening in this "era" to take on a new approach to an isolated way of life like the air nomads practiced for thousands of years.

Is that disagreeable ?
In all honesty, I have no idea what your problem is.

Could you rephrase your OP a little clearer?

(Not bashing you, OP, I really don't understand your wording.)

Raider

Reiko Noir
In all honesty, I have no idea what your problem is.

Could you rephrase your OP a little clearer?

(Not bashing you, OP, I really don't understand your wording.)

Im talking about the message Tenzin gave at the end of the finale. Air Nomads would become devoted to bringing balance to the world by taking Korra's place as bringer of peace and spiritual harmony to every nation.

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Well, they are supposed to be Air Nomads, so traveling to different regions to teach their peaceful and harmonic ways is sorta what they're supposed to do. They aren't replacing the avatar, they're just trying to keep peace and balance and follow the avatar's ways (being selfless and helpful to people who need it). Jinora is now an airbending master, and she's shown great potential in being a leader for the nomads.

What are the peaceful nomads supposed to do while they wait for Korra to heal? Just sit around and possibly let things go to hell? Ba Sing Sae desperately needs some help getting organized and cleaned up, so just ignoring it would be essentially the same as causing conflict and letting things get out of balance. Better to do something than twiddle their thumbs and hope for problems to work themselves out. sweatdrop

Magical Lunatic

I have no problem with warrior Buddhist monks.

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Makin' movies, makin' songs, fightin' 'round the world!

Sorry.

I'm fine with it. Air Nomad culture effectively died, so a new beginning that's different from their former, detached lifestyle could be good for them. And more interesting to watch.

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I don't think Tenzin meant to replace Korra. Only to help in a time of chaos. Like the White Lotus use to do. I'm imagining more like Airbending Jedi!
I wish it hadn't felt like they were essentially announcing a spinoff.
I like the idea of Air Bending Jedi's

I wouldn't mind a spinoff about a certain Airbender Jedi either if done right.

Noob

Beggars can't be ******** choosers.

Let's just all be thankful that some bald dude wants to help the world in the absence of the Avatar. Jesus ******** Christ y'all are childish.

Raider

Marcellust
Beggars can't be ******** choosers.

Let's just all be thankful that some bald dude wants to help the world in the absence of the Avatar. Jesus ******** Christ y'all are childish.

what the actual f**k ?! Calm your f**king tits, it's just my perception of things, that's why i said "is that disagreeable".

Im grateful for everyone else's response, since im convinced now that it's an alright twist to the series.
So gtfo and stop being a trouble maker

Noob

Dr Zinc

Then that's ******** disagreeable.

Magical Senshi

I'm grateful Korra has someone on her side, man the things she went through.

Fashionable Shopper

They aren't really changing their ways but re-introducing what they were before. The people he is talking to pretty much don't know many air nomads to begin with except for the few that were around and the ones who became one through harmonic convergence.

Raider

Marcellust
Dr Zinc

Then that's ******** disagreeable.

Great response, cya !

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items