Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Capitalist

It sucked, but instead of writing out everything as it comes to me, I'll just follow the finale as it goes. Now, not everything is bad, but there are some things that just kinda confuse me-things that are left unexplained.

Like Hiroshi explaining that in time, bending will no longer exist. Does that mean removing one's bending removes their ability to pass on the gene? Well Yakone proved that one wrong, but no matter-it's propaganda at it's best.

Korras still as impatient as ever-she obviously didn't learn her lesson from both "The Revelation" and "A voice in the night" that rushing into battle is wrong. You'd think her fear of Amon would make her more cautious and careful-like an Airbender, but whatever.

For some reason there's a colony of homeless people living underground. Ignoring how something that massive could escape Amon's watch-why are they down there? The benders are obviously hiding, but what about the non-benders? Amon hasn't been shown to threaten or torture non-benders for information, so they're pretty safe. There's also the question of how they found that homeless man, and how they've been living there...

Mako and Korra are still close as hell-Mako's not even trying to stay loyal to Asami at this point. It's ridiculous-Asami is nothing more than eye-candy with a shiny glove. A glove that apparently isn't that useful anymore since Mako and Korra learned how to take out chi-blockers somehow. . .
Is Amon really removing bending one by one? I know he's just an overhyped Waterbender, but some spirit world interactions to help him would've been better. Fusing with an angry Avatar-hating spirit in order to remove bending from an entire area at once.

Iroh ll is the only one to survive the ambush and no one cares about his team. . .some general. . .hell some fleet-they're more useless than the Metalbending police. But yeah, everyones jumping overboard and dying like it's Pearl Harbor and Korra can't save anyone. Lawlz. Also, if Amon knows Iroh ll is coming with his fleet, why are there not Chi-blockers surrounding the harbors?

Nice debut Iroh ll-you almost die and you have to call Bumi for help...and he doesn't appear until the very end...

Why does a hobo have access to technology that can send messages? And why can he send a message to a commander of a United Forces general? Aren't there security concerns with that kinda stunt?

I think Mako got tired of stopping Korra from running after Amon headfirst that he decided, "******** it," and let her do it, so long as can tag along. Korra running headfirst into dangerous territory is almost as ******** retarded as Mako volunteering so eagerly to run off with her. It's not like Bolin or Asami care enough to help Korra it seems. . .

Mako's "I care about you" to Asami sounds like a, "if I die, I want you to know I love you" at first, but soon enough we find out it's this shallow, "You suck, Korra doesn't-if I die, at least it's with her lolol." ******** douche...

It's funny how a Fire Nation general can tell Hakoda isn't a fellow general but the Lieutenant can't tell Korra and Mako are fakes because they didn't know about the rally. I guess he was impatient or anxious since Amon was nearing victory, but still. .

"I'm Amon's brother." How freaking cliche...

Tarlokk looks more like Yakone's post-operation face than his regular one...watdafuq?

So Noatok bloodbent Yakone to defend Tarrlok. He also seems to recognize the Avatar as the strongest being in the world and has no interest in carrying out Yakone's wishes. So, he wants to be free pretty much, and bring Tarrlok with him. So what does he do? He runs off and instead of fearing or acknowledging the Avatar's powers, he turns against it. He also uses his ability to do what Yakone wanted him to do-take over Republic City. What the actual ********. I can see if he hates bending so much that he wants to get rid of it completely-but appeasing to the spirits would've been better than using bending to try and eliminate it.

Tarrlok apologizing. . .so typical of an anti-hero. . .

"So much for our ambush.." ~ Korra
WHAT AMBUSH?! You can't even take out two regular Chi-blockers! classified_fu

Korra's plan is to reveal Amon's bending. . .how does she plan on doing that if he can easily beat her without it? And why does she think she can take away his true power? I hope she means the power to sway people, because if she thinks she can take away his Bloodbending somehow, she's god awfully retarded.

"Amon can't know anyone spoke with me." ~ Tarrlok
Jesus ******** Christ, you told them AMON IS A WATERBENDER. Who else knows that? It'll be too ******** obvious that Tarrlok was the one that told them if Korra and Mako plan on revealing that fact, especially since their stupid plan was to simply scream out, "Amon's a bloodbender!" because he's totally going to reveal that ******** tidbit of knowledge now that the Avatar, Republic City's questionable hero, told them. What's funny is he ACTUALLY DOES later on! classified_fu

"Why would there be fence posts but no fence?" ~ Asami
I don't know whats stupider; her saying that and not being careful (or stealthy, since she's walking around in the snow in BLACK), or the fact that Iroh ll also fell for it. Bolin doesn't surprise me honestly.

I don't see why Amon is acting so defensive when Korra shouts out his true past. She has no proof-there was no reason to remove his mask and stall the rally just for her. Her story does sound odd, considering she's trying to make people believe you can take bending using Bloodbending. Whose going to believe that?

Somehow Tenzin and his family were captured-and Lin's sacrifice was for nothing. We could've at least saw how he managed to get captured-and not left it out as something unimportant.

It's odd that Iroh ll and Bolin aren't shipped off to Amon once captured. Asami I can understand, since Hiroshi wants to talk to her. But the rest are kept locked up? With NO security? And how the hell did Naga get in when the "fence posts but no fence" are surrounding the place? And somehow no one hears Naga tearing apart metal. . .

Mako and Korra are running on the walls. . .what the ******** is this s**t? And for some reason they're beating the Chi-blockers so badly that Korra has enough time to run off and save Tenzin. This makes absolutely no sense...

Amon didn't need to bloodbend Mako and Korra-he could've defeated them on his own. Plus him moving around on his own is extremely bizarre-he always has bodyguards with him-mostly the Lieutenant. They're not so big a threat that Amon has to resort to his bloodbending to defeat them-if Korra was in the Avatar state, then yeah, but she wasn't. She's still the same little girl from before.

Hiroshi going insane and fighting Asami has to be a mirror of Azula's craziness during her fight with Zuko. I don't see how Hiroshi could choose hatred over Asami, especially since it's derived from the love for his wife-but whatever, I guess there's no hope for redemption for anyone. Hiroshi is captured and never sees the error of his ways. . .

Damn, Amon didn't even try to explain anything to Lieutenant-he just threw him aside. So much for equality-Amon just wants power at this point. Speaking of which, how exactly did Mako escape his bloodbending? I suppose KNOWING he's a bloodbender accounts for something-though not even Avatar Aang could escape Yakone's bending on his own.

Why is Amon complimenting a bender? It's extremely unlike him to acknowledge bending as something great or powerful. It's supposed to be a tool for destruction-no matter how strong-it needs to be destroyed.

Korra learns how to Airbend while under stress and pressure. She's impatient, irrational, scared, and rash. Somehow, that awakens her spiritual side, even though that's the total opposite of being spiritually aware. And Airbending-the element of freedom, patience, and peace-is unlocked when Korra needs to destroy someone the most? That makes no sense whatsoever-it would've been better if she entered the Avatar state. Stress is basically what triggers it. On top of everything else, Korra escapes his bloodbending through willpower. You're not supposed to be able to do that-unless you're in the Avatar state. It's like Amon is just getting weaker and dumber as the show goes on, or rather, this finale.

Amons drowning so instead of just resurfacing he creates a massive monsoon of water that shows off his bending. His scars are makeup, his stories a lie, and the first thing he does is run away. Everything that lead up to this-Amon running away and letting Tarrlok free to start a new life. We don't even know what the hell Amon wants-he changes his mind so much. He doesn't try to continue his revolution, he rejects bloodbending and then uses it constantly, and now he wants a peaceful life for whatever ******** up reason. This is the man who was bombing different buildings just weeks prior. . .

Bumi appears-and does nothing. . .

Tarrlok and Amon are both dead because Tarrlok can't see them not ******** up in the future. Assuming Tarrlok knows how much of a d**k he himself is, and he realizes that Amon is too fickle for his own damn good, it's no surprise he just wants to kill them both.

Korra reaches the Avatar state and gets her bending back, and then proceeds to give everyones bending back. Mako admits he loves her, and she loves him back. I don't even need to explain how ******** stupid all that is. . .

Well, there's my rant. I'm tired as hell, so that'll be it for today. Bai nao.

inb4
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

delinture's Waifu

Beloved Lunatic

Lol this was great, I felt the same way about alot of your points.

Tricky Phantom

13,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
I'm going to pick and choose here since I don't feel like making my own wall of text:

Hiroshi didn't know that bending could still be passed on.

Some people are just homeless. They don't need to be hiding from anything. You have a large city, there's going to be people who can't actually afford to live there. So they built their own shanty town.

Asami broke up with Mako before Amon attacked the island. After Asami heard about the kiss, she confronted him about it. They might have not actually said it, but learn to read subtext.

Tarrlok apologizing. So typical of character development.

Running on walls, and using firebending as a jet/stabilizer. It's a show about martial arts and magic, and you're complaining it makes no sense?

Tenzin's family getting captured is what they call a dramatic reveal. The last time you see them, they seem to have escaped, so you're thinking "Oh good, they got away. What a relief!" Then BAM! Turns out Amon doesn't let a little thing like losing his airships stop him from his goal.

If you didn't like the ending, try writing one yourself.

Sparkly Werewolf

6,900 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250

Sparkly Werewolf

6,900 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
burning_eyes sad cool

Newbie Noob

I might pick at this too.

Firstly, complaining about Korra rushing into battles, being too headstrong etc is pointless. Accept the fact that Korra is not Aang.

There's a colony of homeless people living underground. Why are they there? Have you maybe considered it's because they're homeless? Korra also met that homeless man in the very first episode, hiding in the bushes by a river.

Quote:
Asami broke up with Mako before Amon attacked the island. After Asami heard about the kiss, she confronted him about it. They might have not actually said it, but learn to read subtext.
^This. When they tell each other that they care for one another, that's it. They're done.

Amon did know about the fleet. There were no chi benders surrounding the harbour because Amon was launching a surprise counter-attack. Did you even watch the episode?

I don't understand your claim that Amon could easily defeat Korra without his bending. The bloodbending is the only thing stopping him from being blasted with every attack anybody throws at him. He uses it to very subtley alter their movements, making every attack miss. How is she retarded for thinking she can take his power? Of course she can, she removes the waterbending and the bloodbending is gone too. Aang did it to Yakone.. confused

Quote:
Running on walls, and using firebending as a jet/stabilizer. It's a show about martial arts and magic, and you're complaining it makes no sense?
^Again, this.

I figured Mako only "escaped" Amon's bending by chance. His hand just happened to be in the right place. That's just my opinion. As for complimenting Mako about being the first to overcome him, well.. he's allowed to be impressed. He's still human.

In the end though I suppose everyone has their own ideas about it, so whatever.

Sparkly Prophet

iKarnezar

Amons drowning so instead of just resurfacing he creates a massive monsoon of water that shows off his bending. His scars are makeup, his stories a lie, and the first thing he does is run away. Everything that lead up to this-Amon running away and letting Tarrlok free to start a new life. We don't even know what the hell Amon wants-he changes his mind so much. He doesn't try to continue his revolution, he rejects bloodbending and then uses it constantly, and now he wants a peaceful life for whatever ******** up reason. This is the man who was bombing different buildings just weeks prior. . .

Amon was drowning, so he got out of the water the fastest way he could - using his bending. You've probably never almost drowned, since most people haven't, but in that moment he certainly wasn't thinking about protecting his secret. He was thinking about how he would die if he didn't get air. Once his secret is revealed, he runs away, because no matter how powerful he is, he can't win a war alone. He needed support, and he lost it.

iKarnezar
Bumi appears-and does nothing. . .

By the time Bumi gets there, there's nothing left to be done. As such, it makes sense that he does nothing.

Beloved Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Inquisitor 200
Dang that was long.. o.O
But totally true.

Greedy Capitalist

Oh cool, people relied emotion_kirakira

Let's get to it mad

The Shaid
Hiroshi didn't know that bending could still be passed on.

Yeah I guess it was all propaganda.

The Shaid
Some people are just homeless. They don't need to be hiding from anything. You have a large city, there's going to be people who can't actually afford to live there. So they built their own shanty town.

I get that part. When I first saw the guy hopping from bush to bush I assumed we'd find him in some intricate treehouse or sewer system eventually. But what bothers me is that benders are able to hide there, as well as the Avatar. Hiding in the city that's been taken over by Amon himself is an extremely risky move...

The Shaid

She threatened to break up with him should he slip up again. If they'd broken up in Pema's kitchen she wouldn't have confronted him about his and Korra's spying trip taking so long. They somehow managed to break up when they mutually agreed to care about one another, but not love each other. It's stupid, even for teenage drama..

The Shaid
Tarrlok apologizing. So typical of character development.

Well both him and his brother gave up on their plans so easily...it was just humiliating for them. Even though Tarrlok was going about his path to peace the wrong way, it would've been better if he did what he truly thought was right, instead of just conforming to Korra's way once he'd lost.

The Shaid

Well the Dai Li were able to run on walls, that didn't bother me. I've never seen Mako or Korra running on walls before-it all of a sudden appears to be one of their skills. It's like if Bolin suddenly learned or suddenly revealed his ability to Metalbend while they were stuck in prison...

The Shaid
Tenzin's family getting captured is what they call a dramatic reveal. The last time you see them, they seem to have escaped, so you're thinking "Oh good, they got away. What a relief!" Then BAM! Turns out Amon doesn't let a little thing like losing his airships stop him from his goal.

I guess so. .

The Shaid
If you didn't like the ending, try writing one yourself.

I would if I had the patience to write and actually finish a story/fanfic ^^;

Vandalised
Firstly, complaining about Korra rushing into battles, being too headstrong etc is pointless. Accept the fact that Korra is not Aang.

I know she's not Aang. But she should've learned her lesson the last few times she rushed into battle without preparing. Amon could've taken her bending on Air Memorial Island and Tarrlok could've done much worse than stick Korra in a box with his Bloodbending. I'm not saying she's flawed for doing these things-I'm saying she's an idiot for not learning her lesson, and somehow benefiting from it (by learning how to Airbend).

Vandalised
Amon did know about the fleet. There were no chi benders surrounding the harbour because Amon was launching a surprise counter-attack. Did you even watch the episode?

The chi-blockers wouldn't be for Iroh ll and his fleet, they would be for Korra and anyone else waiting for him to arrive.

Vandalised
I don't understand your claim that Amon could easily defeat Korra without his bending. The bloodbending is the only thing stopping him from being blasted with every attack anybody throws at him. He uses it to very subtley alter their movements, making every attack miss. How is she retarded for thinking she can take his power? Of course she can, she removes the waterbending and the bloodbending is gone too. Aang did it to Yakone.. confused

Korra couldn't remove bending at that point. I don't get what she said by taking away Amon's power..

And I was saying that since the Chi-blockers easily beat Korra, Amon should be able to as well. I don't know if he's a a Chi-blocker himself but he did know how to knock Korra out during their first confrontation in "Voice in the night."

Vandalised
I figured Mako only "escaped" Amon's bending by chance. His hand just happened to be in the right place. That's just my opinion. As for complimenting Mako about being the first to overcome him, well.. he's allowed to be impressed. He's still human.

It just felt kinda weird. He made it sound like he almost regretted doing it to Mako because he was such a strong bender...I guess Amon can respect a powerful bender since he is one, but it goes against the foundation for his revolution.

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

I agree with about 70% of this.

Original Sex Symbol

iKarnezar

I know she's not Aang. But she should've learned her lesson the last few times she rushed into battle without preparing. Amon could've taken her bending on Air Memorial Island and Tarrlok could've done much worse than stick Korra in a box with his Bloodbending. I'm not saying she's flawed for doing these things-I'm saying she's an idiot for not learning her lesson, and somehow benefiting fromI it (by learning how to Airbend).

I wanted to object to your OP, but this'll do fine.

I do not believe that 'should've' is a word you should use here. I mean it should never be certain. The season was set in maybe a few months or so. Not everyone learns.

I myself am a headstrong person and I have a tendency to rush into things without really thinking about it. Even in life threatening situations, you may or may not change your thinking. Ideally some would change, but not everyone does. So to say she should have, I think is well thinking too much about it.

Plus from an action stand-point, being too cautious is never fun to watch, and it can be frustrating to who the show is mostly aimed at, children. An adult might disagree but children have 3-10 second attention spans. It is unlikely that caution would make them consider watching again.

In summary, I do agree with a lot of your points but I think you're reading this more like an adult than a child. See it with a more simple mind.

Greedy Capitalist

Gaian

11,225 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
I love you so much right now, I could marry you.

A lot of things didn't make sense to me in LoK, and I think you've pointed out a lot of it in your first post. While AtlA was very well-written, LoK seemed very rushed to me.

Adding my own butt-hurt-ness, if you don't mind:

~~~~~~~~~~*************BUTT-HURT CONTENT BELOW, YE BE WARNED~~~~~~~~~~*************

The whole Asami-Mako-Korra thing is really just pointless. I think they're trying too hard to create something for fans to have shipping wars about, seeing how popular Zutara/Kataang got (and I think that happened unintentionally) in AtlA.

I also don't get how Amon could control the city so quickly. I seem to recall a sort of police force in Republic City - how could they crumble so fast when attacked by a bunch of non-benders?

Not that it matters - the police force was painted as weak and useless since the very beginning of the season. Might I remind you that there were metal-benders in the police force? Might I also remind you that most weapons are made of metal? Uhm, yeah. But I guess the police force was really made up of little girls instead of powerful benders. whee

(But isn't it funny how three air-bender kids could take on these chi-blocker Equalists in the final episode, when full-grown benders and even THE HEAD OF THE ******** POLICE FORCE herself couldn't? Hmm! lol )

I get that the Equalists had technology on their side, but that's just ONE guy, Asami's dad, providing them with the weapons - the Republic City must have had other backups, surely?

And how could the Equalists grow so strong and organized without the authorities ever noticing? I know that the council members were useless (another illogical thing - Tarrlok did some fancy speech, and suddenly Tenzin was outvoted by the other council members. This happened every frickin time!), so it might have escaped their attention how serious the situation really was, but honestly? Really? It would have taken YEARS for rebels to get organized, and taking over a whole city like that? They must have been really f*cking organized!

I mean -- GAH -- Look at the Malayan Communist Party! They started in 1930, and after so many ups and downs and ups and downs, they still didn't manage to take over the country, and in 1989 they finally laid down its arms! Even with that many years, they couldn't get in control! ADFHKLFDFJGJHSLAS But Amon?? Nooo, *he* managed to take over just fine!

(But then again, maybe I might need to remind myself that this is just a cartoon...?)

It's either

a) Amon had been planning this for a very, very, very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very, very, VERY long time, and somehow he still managed to elude the authorities, or,

b) the police force and the council members really were just that daft and stupid and weak.

But even if they were THAT incompetent, other people (hmm, I dunno, like THE UNITED FORCES, for example?) should've had their backs and maybe could have warned them, and maybe say, "Hey look, I know you people are a bit dim when it comes to these things, but we think you should really be worried about this Equalist issue that you've got in your hands. It's pretty serious, and it could get out of hand real quick. Especially now when you have the Avatar living among you, you know nudge nudge wink wink."

So yes. That's the thing that annoys me the most. And don't tell me that they were aware of how serious the situation was - they weren't! I know that Tenzin was a tad worried about having Korra in the Republic City, but he did say, "Eh, what the heck, come on kid, I think it's safe enough for ya to train here," didn't he? The Avatar could even spend her time fooling about with ******** Probending - that shows how unaware they were of the dangers of the Equalists!

Something else I don't get is this: how could Tenzin just leave Korra, the Avatar, in republic city, with her teenage friends just like that? I know that he needed to put his family to safety, seeing as they're the only air benders at the moment, but really? All her life, Korra's been hidden for fear of being harmed or killed -- then WHOA look there are a bunch of non-benders, WHO COULD TAKE AWAY HER BENDING, who wanted her dead, and what did her mentor do? He LEFT her to defend herself! LOLOLOL, what great logic!

But I have nothing to say about Korra as a character. She was a teenager, she's stubborn, she's foolish, in love and all, and yes, all avatars are different, I suppose. It's just too bad that the Republic City was stuck with one so weak in LoK. xd

I mean, this pretty much sums up the characters in LoK for me.

And wtf, the whole Amon-could-take-away-your-bending thing? So anti-climatic. rolleyes

Hilarious Friend

8,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items