• Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Balmaur
Reiko Iwamaru
Balmaur
Reiko Iwamaru
Balmaur
I agree with Suyin the Earth queen is just awful lol. Besides actually seeing an airbender kill someone like that has been something I've been waiting for since ATLA.

Oooh I know right? Though Aang was quite the gentle person, so that wasn't going to happen. Seeing a twisted-up Airbender though is really triptastic though.. :O But at the same time, it scares me. I actually started shaking when I watched Zaheer suffocate The Earth Queen because it was just that freaky.
Is it really any worse then a waterbender drowning someone, an earthbender burying someone alive, or a firebender burning someone alive? Really there are endless different ways to kills someone gruesomely with each form or bending.

....So. Very. True. I think the drowning part might happen with that armless waterbender...I forget her name, but she's cool blaugh
She did throw like what was it at least 2 White Lotus guards into an active volcano when they broke her out of jail.

Well damn..I actually forgot about that. O_o Well...The White Lotus became a little less epic over those 70 years in Avatar once Jeong-Jeong, Master Paku, Iroh, Peian-Dao, and King Bumi left :/ they were so epic...glad Iroh's still here though. blaugh

Fused Sex Symbol

I had to remind myself they killed the antagonist in season 1, but hot damn, I was really expecting them to save the earth queen or just make her pass out.

That was awesome. I hope more envelope is pushed.

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Reiko Iwamaru
Balmaur
Reiko Iwamaru
Balmaur
Reiko Iwamaru
Balmaur
I agree with Suyin the Earth queen is just awful lol. Besides actually seeing an airbender kill someone like that has been something I've been waiting for since ATLA.

Oooh I know right? Though Aang was quite the gentle person, so that wasn't going to happen. Seeing a twisted-up Airbender though is really triptastic though.. :O But at the same time, it scares me. I actually started shaking when I watched Zaheer suffocate The Earth Queen because it was just that freaky.
Is it really any worse then a waterbender drowning someone, an earthbender burying someone alive, or a firebender burning someone alive? Really there are endless different ways to kills someone gruesomely with each form or bending.

....So. Very. True. I think the drowning part might happen with that armless waterbender...I forget her name, but she's cool blaugh
She did throw like what was it at least 2 White Lotus guards into an active volcano when they broke her out of jail.

Well damn..I actually forgot about that. O_o Well...The White Lotus became a little less epic over those 70 years in Avatar once Jeong-Jeong, Master Paku, Iroh, Peian-Dao, and King Bumi left :/ they were so epic...glad Iroh's still here though. blaugh
Um Iroh is dead and Iroh II is a commander in the United Forces...

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Balmaur
Reiko Iwamaru
Balmaur
Reiko Iwamaru
Balmaur

Err...no...In Season 2 of Korra, when Korra is in the spirit world, she meets Iroh. Sure he's technically "dead" viewed by some, but he's actually still alive. Have you see the episode of Korra "A New Spiritual Age"?

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Reiko Iwamaru
Balmaur
Reiko Iwamaru
Balmaur
Reiko Iwamaru
Balmaur

Err...no...In Season 2 of Korra, when Korra is in the spirit world, she meets Iroh. Sure he's technically "dead" viewed by some, but he's actually still alive. Have you see the episode of Korra "A New Spiritual Age"?

I've seen it. And sorry but Iroh is dead. He chose to live in the spirit wold after he passed. He's not technically alive by all technical sense he's dead. Not gone but defiantly dead.
Oh for sure I'm going to call BS on pulling it from the air. However I dont think that is the full on reason why.

Wily Warlock

33,590 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Dude, this episode left me speechless. Zaheer managed to show us exactly why the Air Nomads were against using their bending for violence.
I can imagine that Aang would be absolutely horrified if he saw this.

Welcoming Spirit

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
I'm glad that Zaheer wasn't kidding about removing leaders from the nations.

Could you imagine if he just sent them all running? Like, chased them off? That'd be pretty lame and even for a kid's show quite a let down. No, the developers had the balls to make Zaheer mean business by actually killing the Earth Queen in the most brutal way on screen.

I cannot wait to see what else happens. The Elite 4 is the biggest (and best) threat i've seen in the series by far.

Clever Shapeshifter

14,015 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Timid 100
  • Hygienic 200
It was shocking to see a airbender actually kill someone. ( but too all my friends, I called it~ )

Elfin Guildsman

Ever since i saw the first series and now with this latest episode ... I can confirm that Avatar is truly , TRULY an american Anime. Not because of the "violence" in this ep. But because it is now on the level of Really great , EPIC Anime. It didn't shy away from the "badguys" being bad guys. And it also made you like them as characters. For me it was when Bo Lin guessed that there was something between Lava Guy and Water Arms Chick. That scene right there made them human.

I mean.....

This show is NOT cartoons. This show is Anime. It has all these heavy themes and smart deep characters . If NICK takes Korra of the AIR then they are idiots.

Invisible Humorist

XiaDoh-Ichii
Ever since i saw the first series and now with this latest episode ... I can confirm that Avatar is truly , TRULY an american Anime. Not because of the "violence" in this ep. But because it is now on the level of Really great , EPIC Anime. It didn't shy away from the "badguys" being bad guys. And it also made you like them as characters. For me it was when Bo Lin guessed that there was something between Lava Guy and Water Arms Chick. That scene right there made them human.

I mean.....

This show is NOT cartoons. This show is Anime. It has all these heavy themes and smart deep characters . If NICK takes Korra of the AIR then they are idiots.

There are many cartoons that do this too?

Elfin Guildsman

GhostlyMark
XiaDoh-Ichii

I mean.....

I don't understand.

Are you asking me to give you examples of cartoons? Or Anime?

Or , are you telling me there are "cartoons" that fall into the description i gave?

Invisible Humorist

XiaDoh-Ichii
GhostlyMark
XiaDoh-Ichii

I mean.....

I don't understand.

Or , are you telling me there are "cartoons" that fall into the description i gave?

Yeah.
I never understood the whole "anime is more mature than cartoons" thing.

Elfin Guildsman

GhostlyMark
XiaDoh-Ichii
GhostlyMark
XiaDoh-Ichii

I mean.....

I don't understand.

Yeah.
I never understood the whole "anime is more mature than cartoons" thing.

That's like saying you don't understand the difference between a rated " G " movie and a rated " R " movie.

Or the difference between a Kids show and a Cop Drama .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff