Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Alright, I didn't know how to word the title.
But this is what I'm asking.

You know how
Water bending, you can bend blood.
Fire bending, you can bend lightning.
Earth bending, you can bend metal.

So what's the extra one with air?
Or, what do you think it would be?
]

Newbie Hoarder

Pair of Sockies

You know how

]

very observant :3

There are only a handful of air benders left, all from the same family. & only one is an adult so the odds of just 1 person thinking of a "mind blowing" bending using air is real low. xD
nopz
[Well yes,
But there's still the past series too.
Did Aang figure out a special bending with Air, that they haven't told us about yet?
Why didn't anyone figure out something special before Aang?

Also, I'm just wondering.. What could a special bending go along with air?
Weather bending? Wouldn't that just be air though? Because, Katara stopped the rain one time.. That was still just considered water bending.
]

Liberal Codger

I was wondering this as well. Air benders are supposed to be really spiritual, so I was kind of thinking energy bending...I know that seems to be just an avatar thing, buttt...*shrug*

Newbie Hoarder

Pair of Sockies
nopz
[Well yes,
But there's still the past series too.
Did Aang figure out a special bending with Air, that they haven't told us about yet?
Why didn't anyone figure out something special before Aang?

Also, I'm just wondering.. What could a special bending go along with air?
Weather bending? Wouldn't that just be air though? Because, Katara stopped the rain one time.. That was still just considered water bending.
]

maybe Aang did or didnt make a special move. As the avitar, he was creating Republic City and may not had time to "make up a special move" for air bending. Plus he could bend all the elements, he would learn how to know blood bending, lightning, and metal bending first (if possible)

Some of the air benders might have learned something special. But Aang was just a very little boy when his "race" got wiped out. They wouldnt teach his a special move to someone at such a young age.

As for a special move for air bending, i have no idea. I would have had never guessed of water bending someone's blood 0.o So if they go that far, is it possible to air bend someone's breathing? Like suffocate them?
Ayamae Akahana
[That doesn't seem very helpful for them to even bring that up.

"Ohhh! I'm going to control your emotions."
I mean, it could be used for something.. But not worth their time it seems.
]

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Visible version of the OP: Alright, I didn't know how to word the title.

You know how

My response: That's a good question, and I'm not sure what a comparable counterpart to air is. They'd have to get creative with it. Maybe zap oxygen from air to render fire bending futile? Or turn air into a solid or liquid, both of which are lethal? I haven't the foggiest. xd

Liberal Codger

Pair of Sockies
Ayamae Akahana
[That doesn't seem very helpful for them to even bring that up.

"Ohhh! I'm going to control your emotions."
I mean, it could be used for something.. But not worth their time it seems.
]

...emotions? I think it goes deeper than that. You could bend their life energy, take away their bending...I don't even know where emotions come into play with that.
nopz
[I guess so.
I'm still curious, maybe they'll bring something out later in the series.
I think the Avatar could easily learn all of the specialty bending, if they wanted to.

Blood is mostly made up of water, so it's not that big of a deal.
I was more confused about the lightning and fire.
Suffocating someone would just be taking the air out of their lungs, so.. I don't think that's really special in a way..
]
Ayamae Akahana
[But taking away someone's bending doesn't go along with Air.
And if it did, that's suggesting that Amon is an air bender.
]
Omorose Panya
[I don't know either, but.. I'm sure if they have a plan for it.. It's going to be weird..
x-x
]

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
nopz
Pair of Sockies

You know how

]

very observant :3

There are only a handful of air benders left, all from the same family. & only one is an adult so the odds of just 1 person thinking of a "mind blowing" bending using air is real low. xD
I don't think this is based on population size though, unless this extra talent is based more on genetic probability than on skill mastery. Though I can understand that there was no need for the only air bender having it in the last series, seeing as he was the Avatar and all, but this time around it could make things more interesting. We'll see if it comes up. biggrin

Beloved Genius

7,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Full closet 200
Darn good question. My sister and I came up with the ability to control gaseous matter inside other beings. Sounds lame as hell, until you realize you could make oxygen, carbon dioxide and nitrogen bubbles in someone's blood, prevent oxygen from effusing into their blood, or even forcefully remove the methane from someone's digestive system.(which would create a multitude of small but very deadly holes in their digestive tract, creating septis and a very slow painful death.)

The most intense and obvious would be the ability to forcefully create a vaccuum inside a space(dangerous) or do so inside someone's lungs. I'm also assuming the creation of a tornado would be a more obvious airbender power.

Final idea is based off of an attack from Ruroni Kenshin of all places. One of the swordsmen used violently displaced air as an attack. Basically like a knife made of air. It would be possible of properly concentrated to have air cut like a knife through rocks, buildings, or people. So there's always that.

In any case, good question.

Beloved Genius

7,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Full closet 200
Pair of Sockies
nopz
[I guess so.
I'm still curious, maybe they'll bring something out later in the series.
I think the Avatar could easily learn all of the specialty bending, if they wanted to.
Blood is mostly made up of water, so it's not that big of a deal.
I was more confused about the lightning and fire.
Suffocating someone would just be taking the air out of their lungs, so.. I don't think that's really special in a way..
]

I thought that fire bending wasn't simply a manipulation of an already there element, but the separation of vital self energy, or the manipulation thereof. Which is why lightening is creation from a forceful separation and recombination of negative and positive energies. Though I'd assume most firebenders would be unaware of the manipulation of energies that naturally takes place when they firebend.

Greedy Capitalist

Flying without a glider. Airbending isn't all offensive, you know.

Or, maybe the special move IS offensive. In which case, its probably a blast of very powerful wind that doesn't necessarily knock you backward, but inflicts numerous paper cuts around your body.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff