Welcome to Gaia! ::

Star

SPOILERS: IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET, JUST KNOW THAT YOU WILL SPOIL IT (wow didn't know that)

Mako and Asami doe
Ugh
I literally just paused it just to say "Omg are you serious"

Hoeshido's Prince

Dangerous Sweetheart

10,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
And what about Varrick, poor guy, I'd do anything to cure my foot.

Business Hunter

10,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
-take a sip of tea- hmmm... -spit take- were is the honey.... WHAT?!? NO HONEY?! WE'RE IN A BEAR FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! scream

Trash Gaian

I was just like "....." at Mako and Asami.

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Ugh so over Asami/Mako/Korra crap. Back to Korra & Jinora in the spirit world & show more of Unalaq's relationship with Desna & Eska, please.

Shy Cutie-Pie

12,150 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I'm incredibly annoyed with Mako/Asami/Bitchy Korra and the entire flip flop between girls. This season is not living up to my expectations and becoming a disappointment.

Time-traveling Senshi

I do get the Mako and Asami stuff is all a part of Mike and Bryan showing us just how easily distracted and oblivious people have become since Varrick entered into their lives. I get the feeling if she had stayed in Republic City Korra would have fallen into that same trap. Varrick may not be evil evil but he's overly flashy and buys off people's loyalties. He has deep pockets and enough shady connections that he can impress anyone into doing whatever he wants. It doesn't take a genius of a viewer to see what's going on.

He's stringing along Boilin perfectly. We were shown that scene of Bolin trying to make it big in Pro Bending without Mako and Korra for a reason. It explains perfectly why he's so desperate to do whatever Varrick tells him. He saw how the ladies fawned over Mako and how he continued to strike out. He wants that same level of fawning and attention and he thinks Varrick is going to give it to him through the use of his propaganda films. He's had the wool pulled over his eyes and it's turned him into a vain self centered brat pushing him further away from Mako and more and more under Varrick's influence.

The same is definitely true for Asami. She has all the good intentions in the world with trying to keep her family's business thriving but she lacks the business skills her father had. Desperation made her seek out Varrick and her lack business experience drove her to make a very bad deal with him. She gave away a controlling interest in her company because she was desperate for the money. If she had the business know how she would have given him enough shares in the company so she gets her money but still remains in control. It's starting to bite her big time and she's not seeing it. Plus, I'm also certain he's pushing her to get close to Mako because of their history together so he can work his magic on Mako and have him join the fold.

Which brings us to Mako. Like it or not he's being played and used by Varrick as well. Varrick knows of Mako's past and he's using it against him. He's bought off the Triple Threats to do some of his dirty work so he doesn't get directly blamed. In fact, I wouldn't be too surprised if that sting operation was all just a set up to get Mako out of the way. Varrick made an offer he knew Mako wouldn't take. He brought up the safety of Asami and when Mako didn't jump on it he used Bolin but again Mako didn't bite. That's when I'm sure he had the Triple Threats make all kinds of false claims to the police after he sold them out to the cops he's paying off on the side. Beifong is buying it because of their years with the force and the fact that Mako is just a beat cop who's supposed to be handing out traffic tickets and busting people for vandalism. He's not vice and he's not part of major crimes so Beifong doesn't like him stepping out of bounds like he has been.

This is why she's taking the word of the Seventies Mustache Duo over one of the Avatar's closest friends. I do think when she finally sees the truth it's going to bite her in the metal armor so hard she's going to question everything she's been doing as police chief and have herself a major I let down my mother moment. She's totally proving that right now she's the blind one in the family. Those who stayed in Republic City are being led astray and it's going to hurt them in the end. Mako's going to get kicked off the force, Asami will likely lose her company, and Bolin's instant stardom will come crashing to an end leaving him with nothing. Varrick's already driven apart Mako and Korra with the explosion, he pulled Bolin away from Mako's better judgement and drove them apart, and he's getting close to pulling Asami away from Mako. At first, I thought he just wanted everyone away from Korra's influence but now I see he wants Mako the one to either become a willing pawn or leave. He's the one whose influence Varrick doesn't like one bit.

Star

True dat
I just wanna see Korra and Jinora's adventure in the Spirit World, not another Mako/Asami ship that sunk in like 1 minute ._.

Kawaii Transform

Seriously. Korra's been gone, as Bolin said, for like a week...And she almost completely lost her memories (if she hadn't seen Wan and all that jazz). Now it's like, "Oh hey, you broke up with Korra, let's go eat at the place we had our first date."

WHAT?

I literally facepalmed when they started making out. This love triangle is getting out of hand.

Time-traveling Senshi

l Rikka l
Seriously. Korra's been gone, as Bolin said, for like a week...And she almost completely lost her memories (if she hadn't seen Wan and all that jazz). Now it's like, "Oh hey, you broke up with Korra, let's go eat at the place we had our first date."

WHAT?

I literally facepalmed when they started making out. This love triangle is getting out of hand.

Here's how I saw that little bit. I was likening it to The One At the Beach from Friends season three. Ross had totally moved on from his relationship with Rachel and was seeing someone new but Rachel still harbored feelings for him and wasn't completely over the fact that they had broken up. So she brings up the whole idea of a "bonus night" when he was technically still seeing someone else. Ross still had some lingering feelings for her and he breaks up with the girl he's seeing just so he can possibly get back with someone he's had feelings for since he was fourteen/fifteen. Yes technically Mako and Asami are broken up and yes Mako broke it off with Korra because they were fighting over Varrick's motives, however, there's still those lingering feelings and my guess is that Varrick more than likely told Asami to go check on Mako and wine and dine him to convince him to rethink Varrick's offer. How else would he "know" that something was going on between Mako and Asami and that Mako broke off things with Korra.

Unless Bolin is telling Varrick everything just so he can continue to get the good things from Varrick then Varrick is orchestrating everything from behind the scenes and won't be very happy when Korra comes back telling people that the civil war has to end or else the world will be in major trouble. I do think Varrick is going to jump sides in that war and try and bring more nations into it just so he won't lose out on his money.

Invisible Humorist

The love triangle is cringe worthy..but I'm not focused on that, and neither should you people. Yes it's terrible but don't let it overshadow the main issue (even if it hurts my adoration for asami ; n; )

Unalaq better had a good reason to help Vatu (is that how you spell it?) I mean he just discarded his children like they were nothing.

Tenzin ego is hurt..made me laugh a little

Star

(I have a crush on Wan oh my)
SERIOUSLY DOE
Mako needs to tone it down a bit
Slow down, man.
You got out of a relationship and then you kissed your basically ex.
WELL OKAY
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This episode: flying mint bunny comes from the spirit world

It had to be said

And I thought the Mako and Asami kiss was a mistake! Now they are together again, without saying they are together...? Where was the announcement!

Bashful Millionaire

Born Backwards
Ugh so over Asami/Mako/Korra crap. Back to Korra & Jinora in the spirit world & show more of Unalaq's relationship with Desna & Eska, please.

This.
I really hope that Lin Beifong is playing dumb and secretly being a ninja badass to crack this case. She can't work openly on a case like this without drawing suspicion or being watched, so my hope is that she's working in the shadows to get proof. She kept telling Mako to stay out of it and she's right. He's a noob and keeps making amateur mistakes. If she's not planning to deus ex this whole case then I will be disappointed in her. She has training from Toph who could tell when people were lying based on their breathing patterns. Seriously she should see what's going on.

Desna and Eska are going through some serious stuff. This is a turning point for them, but the question now is what will they do? They've always been so reliant on their father and this has to be devastating for them. A lot of people suspect they will switch sides, but for all we know they could react to disappointment with crazy rage that hurts every side like earlier.

Asami and Bolin are becoming simple pawns. It's sad, but hopefully it will lead to Mako becoming less of an irritating character. He needs to learn some empathy for people other than himself and Korra. I hope that's where this chain of events is leading him.

I'm waiting to see how Meelo's lemur army will help save the day later on. Maybe it will team up with Jinora's flying bunny spirits and their sister's air bison friends? Then Bumi could direct them while Kya and Tenzin go in to lead the charge.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff