Welcome to Gaia! ::

That flashback eek Wow. I loved seeing Aang and Toph even if they were being blood bended. You'd think Tarrlock wouldn't be on the council after doing something like that though confused

I hope Korra learns air bending soon, but now that she's been kidnapped I think its going take a while.

8,450 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
My opinions:
1. Tarrlok(kinda looked like Tarrlok) was about to be sentenced for something, but then bloodbended Aang, Sokka, and Toph. With 3 of the most powerful people there(Sokka's pretty good with planning stuff), Tarrlock could pretty much do whatever he wanted.
2. He can bloodbend because, like Toph learning how to bend metal, he just figured out a way. His bending was just naturally stronger than others'(even Katara)
3. Well, I hope Korra learns airbending in the next 2 episodes, since there are only 4 episodes left in the season...
4. I think Tarrlok just wants power, power, and more power.
5. Tarrlok bloodbending seems the most obvious, but i doubt he can keep constant control, so he probably bribed him.
6. I kinda do actually. Most of the people have similar personalities to the team from the original series. I like how there is a non-bender in the group, and how Asami actually fights using Equalist gear. Whether people think she'll turn evil or not(which I do), she's a good addition to the team.
7. Ethical... idk, but it was definately stupid.
8. Well, I dont see why its inappropriate. There's romance, sure, but the whole series of TLA started with Aang seeing how beautiful Katara was... Also, the writes are probably trying to make a show for the people who watched the original series. Now that we are a bit older, they can put some darker and more mature themes in there if they want to, while still having it be able to be watched by younger kids.

6,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Wall Street 200
1. What do you think was being depicted in the flash back at the end of the episode?
Perty sure Tarrlok has a strong connection to that guy...um, Yakone, was it?...that was in the flashbacks. I'm guessing there was a disagreement in the council and that guy bloodbended everyone so they couldn't fight him.
2. Why can Tarrlok blood bend when there isn't a full moon?
Apparently, T is just a bad-a**. A jerk and a douche, yes, but a bad-a**.
3. At this rate, will Korra ever learn Air Bending?
She better scream But it'll prolly be after she sees Aang.
4. What do you think are Tarrloks real ambitions?
One theory is that he's workin with Amon to just cause strife and pit two groups against each other.
5. How come the new Chief of Police is taking orders from Tarrlok?
'Cuz he's a wuss.
6. Do you like the new team Avatar?
I know I shouldn't be comparing to the old series, but...Mako, Bolin, Asami, Naga, Pabu, and Korra will NEVER match the awesomeness of Zuko, Toph, Sokka, Katara, Appa, and Momo. Maybe it's because it took two and a half seasons to assemble the original, but it seems so much more special. I hope the Korra Team Avatar will get new members, maybe lose an Asami or Mako...
7. Were Korra's decisions in this episode ethical? (Ex. Choosing to fight against Tarrlok)
I think Korra's havin trouble controlling her emotions. She should've fought back politically, maybe influenced the council members somehow. As for "ethical"...? I dunno. Is shoving a lady-smelling three-ponytailed man, (even if he is a douche) through the wall of a council building ever "ethical"?
8. Do you still think that this show is appropriate for young children?
Not as much so as ATLA, but as long as the kids don't understand the subliminal sexual messages in "If you wanna learn how a real pro bends, I can give you some private lessons," and as long as they don't show a death or blood, I'm sure its fine, with some adult guidance. But the bloodbending is scary emotion_8c

8,450 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Nagareboshi Kibou

I'm thinking where Korra is being taken she will be closed off and sealed away, so she will have time to do nothing but meditate and maybe hit Avatar State or learn to airbend through meditation
I think there is something going on between Tarrlok and Amon, I mean when korra told Tarrlok that he is as bad as Amon it seemed to hit a nerve with him... Other than that I have no idea :3

Oh!! P.S. Who else loves that Korra and Bei Fong now have matching scars on their face? :3 So awesome! LOVE THIS EPISODE SO MUCH!!! <3 <3 <3

I didn't think bout Korra meditating while being locked up. That'd would be a great time for her to airbend. Also, what if Tarrlok and Amon are like bitter siblings, so when Korra compared Tarrlok to Amon, he hated being compared to his brother.

Tipsy Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
All of this Tarrlok/Yakone is giving me a headache.
All I want is to be Saturday again to watch another episode of LoK
emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant

Greedy Capitalist

Evany Star
1. What do you think was being depicted in the flash back at the end of the episode?
7. Were Korra's decisions in this episode ethical? (Ex. Choosing to fight against Tarrlok)

1) Yakone probably bloodbending to take down the council members?

2) He's part spirit

3) She'll learn it in the most ironic of ways. For all we know, she'll run into Zuko and he'll give Iroh-like advice that will allow her to airbend.

4) Today Amon, Tomorrow the world!

5) Because everyones scared and Tarrlok looks like the only one who knows what hes doing.

6) Meh. . .I don't like Mako or Bolin as fighters really. They've been starting to become 2-D imo

7) It's hard to face a tyrant and not make some mistakes. Amon works in the dark, and it's hard to keep a cool head when shits going down all over the city and you don't know what to do. Korra wasn't right, and neither was Tarrlok. If she took Tarrlok down she would be doing what Amon says all benders do, and what happens next? With Tarrlock dead Korra or Tenzin would take up the mantle, and once Amon is dead, they'll make laws just like Tarrloks to prevent another Amon. Amon reminds me of the Joker a bit.

cool No, but who gives a flying ********]

Aekea Nerd

13,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
Social Analyzer
Korra can't air bend because she is extremely violent.

If you put Aang in Korra's shoes, he wouldn't had hurt Tarlock so badly.

I dunno about that. Aang wasn't as calm and peaceful as people seem to think. Especially when his friends were in trouble.
Eruravenne
Social Analyzer

I dunno about that. Aang wasn't as calm and peaceful as people seem to think. Especially when his friends were in trouble.

Ok first of all, Korra's friend wasn't dying. They were just put in jail.

Second, name a time when Aang attacked someone that was already down.

Noticed that Tarlock was already down when he fell into that church area. Korra didn't care and went straight on.

If Tarlock didn't blood bend he would most likely have been seriously injured or dead.

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

When he was throwing the ice at Korra during their fight, one piece cut her, exposing her blood. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Also, Tarrlok is totally Yakone's son. Maybe he's Amon's brother, too, which would explain his freak-out reaction to Korra's comparison.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Miss Marinara Sauce

When he was throwing the ice at Korra during their fight, one piece cut her, exposing her blood. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Also, Tarrlok is totally Yakone's son. Maybe he's Amon's brother, too, which would explain his freak-out reaction to Korra's comparison.

Hmm, I hadn't considered that being a factor....That would certainly be interesting.

Aekea Nerd

13,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
Social Analyzer
Eruravenne
Social Analyzer

Ok first of all, Korra's friend wasn't dying. They were just put in jail.

Second, name a time when Aang attacked someone that was already down.

Noticed that Tarlock was already down when he fell into that church area. Korra didn't care and went straight on.

If Tarlock didn't blood bend he would most likely have been seriously injured or dead.

Well, he attacked her first, clearly with the intent to seriously injure or possibly even kill her. At that point, she knew her friends were in more danger than just being locked in prison. In A:TLA, when the Earth Kingdom general threatened to hurt Katara, Aang went into the avatar state and wrecked the whole place, injuring many innocent people who were just following orders, even after the general let Katara go. And that guy was an ally. A badly misguided ally who was possibly driven a little bit crazy by his desperation to win the war, but still, not a true enemy.

Regardless of why Korra hasn't gone into the avatar state yet, it shows how unstable Aang's emotions were that they triggered it so frequently. He went into the state twelve times during the course of the show. Ten of those times were during the first two seasons, before it got locked. For two of those ten, he was sort of being possessed (once by Roku and once by the ocean spirit), so they don't really count. Of the remaining eight times, four were caused by intense anger, which Katara had to talk him down from before he seriously hurt someone. Who knows what would have happened had she not been there. One time was even caused by simply talking about the monks trying to take him away from Gyatso (though it only lasted a second).

And I doubt Korra would have killed Tarrlok, even if he hadn't used bloodbending. This is a still a kids' show, after all. She likely would have stopped herself once she realized what she was doing.

Generous Friend

7,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
I seriously dont think that was Tarrlock in the flash back. Aang , Toph and Sokka had to be in their mid 50's and toph in her 40's. Tarrlock is 37 in the present...he wouldnt have been born or still a child. But i do think the blood bender is related to him

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Hauluhay-san
I seriously dont think that was Tarrlock in the flash back. Aang , Toph and Sokka had to be in their mid 50's and toph in her 40's. Tarrlock is 37 in the present...he wouldnt have been born or still a child. But i do think the blood bender is related to him

Its not. The dude's name is Yakone and Tarrlok mentioned him way back in episode four.

Shy Noob

It looked like some trial was going on when someone started blood bending. I just assumed there was some bending going on based on the twisting, jerky and restrained movements of Sokka(?) Aang and Toph.

Maybe a full moon isn't totally necessary. In ATLA when Katara fights Zuko at the oasis at the northern water tribe her bending is stronger at night, it could be that the moon in general makes water benders stronger. Or maybe he's just a strong enough bender to do it whenever.

Katara used blood bending on the leader of the southern raiders in book 3 chapter 16 though it wasn't exactly clear it wasn't a full moon. (Just checked it's about 15 minutes in should anyone want to watch it)

Of course!

I don't know, more power?

He's a pushover, money, loyalty, who knows?

Yes, they work well together. Though it seems like Asami may be a weak link now that she knows how Korra feels about Mako, it might be my imagination but it seems like she showed a little flicker of jealousy (or at least some feeling of negativity) towards Korra or Mako or both when Bolin called front seat and she looked in the mirror and Mako was acting gentlemanly towards Korra.

After that moment I just have a nagging feeling she'll defect from the group and try to bring Mako with her.

I don't know if she went in planning to fight Tarrlok from the start, it looks like she was gonna try and threaten him to release the gang but he started the fight. She fought back, I don't know if her brutality was necessary. She was enraged though, so it's understandable.

Yeah, it's not so bad.
Jackie-senpai
Hauluhay-san

Its not. The dude's name is Yakone and Tarrlok mentioned him way back in episode four.

good point with the ages. It would be very strange if Tarlock and amon were brothers, but that does explain the freak out.

Let's talk about Bolin. I've felt like he's been in a Sokka position as far as comic relief goes, and he's not getting very much character development, am I right. There do seem to be some inconsistancies in character actions also, like Korra being antagonistic to Tarlock. I mean, last time we saw them both together it was when Amon had threatened pro-bending, and Korra was all "I'd think you, at least, would stand up against Amon!" speaking to Tarlock. Though, remember Sokka way back in the beginning of the book of water? He didn't really become the sokka we know and love until about half way through the season, so I guess we can give Bryan and Dimartino some slack.

I really hope Kora gets some spiritual experiences , soon! though, if she figures out airbending on her own, it'll be like Tenzin didn't teach her. Even Toph was integral to Aang's earthbending, you know?

Anyone else glad the probending is over? it was such a small focus. I hope we see Tahno again! with his hair. And voice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff