Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Tycoon

She was the only one we've seen who did it. I'm guessing since none of the Avatars did it then bending blue fire is unnatural and fueled by pure evil? wink

Also, it seems like on the new show there are a lot of firebenders who can also bend lightning. I wonder who taught them all. Maybe Zuko finally mastered how to do it? I don't think so because bending lightning is also considered to be pretty evil and I don't think Zuko would have bothered after the war was over.

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
XbuffyxoverxbellaX
She was the only one we've seen who did it. I'm guessing since none of the Avatars did it then bending blue fire is unnatural and fueled by pure evil? wink

Also, it seems like on the new show there are a lot of firebenders who can also bend lightning. I wonder who taught them all. Maybe Zuko finally mastered how to do it? I don't think so because bending lightning is also considered to be pretty evil and I don't think Zuko would have bothered after the war was over.

Lightening bending wasn't EVIL, it was just very difficult. Iroh was the one who invented the technique.

As far as the blue fire, I think it is supposed to just be hotter than normal fire bending.

Heckler

As Ryoko said, it's hotter than normal fire bending. Plus it shows two things about her:

1) She's super good at bending. It's not surprising when we're later told that she's a prodigy.

2) She's pretty vain, since she clearly makes them unnecessarily hot to show off.

Versatile Citizen

10,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
If I'm not mistaken, blue flame is hotter than the usual yellow/orange ones. But yah know, she was always the special one in the family. lol

I don't think bending lightning is evil at all. Zuko could have mastered it for practical purposes while him and Aang are building the Republic City. We could see that it came in handy for power plants.

Hilarious Tycoon

[Ren The Ryoko]
XbuffyxoverxbellaX

Lightening bending wasn't EVIL, it was just very difficult. Iroh was the one who invented the technique.

As far as the blue fire, I think it is supposed to just be hotter than normal fire bending.

He didn't invent how to bend lightning, he invented how to deflect it. I think he called lightning "the cold blooded fire" which sounds pretty evil to me

Shameless Mystic

XbuffyxoverxbellaX
[Ren The Ryoko]
XbuffyxoverxbellaX

He didn't invent how to bend lightning, he invented how to deflect it. I think he called lightning "the cold blooded fire" which sounds pretty evil to me
That's because in order to use lightning, you had to turn off your emotions. Zuko couldn't do it because he was too ambitious and angry.

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
XbuffyxoverxbellaX
[Ren The Ryoko]
XbuffyxoverxbellaX

-Goes to check that episode-

Ok, Iroh developed how to deflect it.
But he can also generate lightening.

I think it's a fallacy to say that any KIND of bending is "Good" or "evil". All bending can be used for right and wrong. It depends on the bender.

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
If I remember right wasn't her bending fueled by rage or hatred or whatever :p for example *spoilers of course XD* when Zuko lost his bending because he lost his hatred for the avatar. I always imagined that she had so much hatred bottled up inside of her toward her mom her brother pretty much anyone, that her fire bending was all that much hotter. She was also a prodigy so I don't think that it is crazy to think that she could master such a feat either yum_puddi

Aged Gaian

It's hotter than most because she's a heavily driven prodigious child. She attained the higher heat levels as a result.
I hope they have a fire bender than can shoot white fire (the hottest)

Original Hoarder

11,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Firebending prodigy=super talented.
Apparently she had a lot of absurd talent that her fire was able to become blue. It was orange in the flashback episodes of Azula and Zuko before Ursa disappeared. Even then, Azula was a prodigy and could create pretty impressive displays of firebending and firebending forms.

Lightning isn't necessarily evil; the firebender must be at peace with himself and not be internally conflicted to be able to handle such a delicate and dangerous element. Later, Zuko could probably generate lightning because he figured out exactly who he was and what his destiny was.

In Legend of Korra, Mako is a firebender who can bend lightning, but he's not evil. He just knows who he is and his goals in life.

Toothsome Giver

XbuffyxoverxbellaX

Lightning is actually a "good" technique, in my opinion, the reason being that Uncle Iroh said you have to have a clear mind not fueled by rage or hate, or whatever / however he said it...

also I like your username.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Blue fire is a lot hotter than the red/orange fire, so it was to show how much more intense Azula's fire was. I imagine that any firebender could do it, but Azula was apparently a prodigy so she was able to do it all the time.

Aged Noob

15,675 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Wasn't like Azula stronger than Zuko? And I thought all fire benders could bend electricity thing >.> you know like water benders and ice >.>

4,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Window Shopper 100
im pretty sure it was becuz she was super powerful or watever

Beloved Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
Azula was better at firebending than zuko thats why there was blue fire which is lighting. The ones very good at firebending can do that like Firelord Ozai. Its just like the 2nd level of firebending like water is to ice.

In Korra, yeah....a lot of people can lightning bend.... The show havnt said who taught them though. 0.o maybe Iroh? Lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff