Welcome to Gaia! ::

I mean, benders essentially learned their bending skills from animals first, and the air benders animal is the flying bison, which there was in fact one Oppa, and then again Tenzin's bison.

I don't fully understand how someone could learn air bending from them but I understood how moles taught toph how to earthbend and use her senses to see.

Does anyone else think that more should have been made? Or should it stay a minimal amount to keep it special.

Fluffy Creature

I would like there to be more airbenders, but I think it's currently limited to Tenzin and his kids.
Troy the confuzed
I would like there to be more airbenders, but I think it's currently limited to Tenzin and his kids.

At least their having enough kids to sprout a good kick off of air benders for the next generation. And so reproduction will lead to the airbenders once again populating the place as much as the other benders

Feline Lover

You're still born with the power to be able to bend, to my understanding?

Toph was born with the ability to earth bend, but because she was blind her parents were over protective and didn't let her learn how to use it until later on. She learnt how to see with earth bending from the moles, not fighting techniques.

According to Avatar Wiki, energy bending came before element bending, where energy bending is a bender's spirit, so possibly the creation of element bending came from those who knew energy bending learning how to bend elements from different natures. (earth from the moles, air from the bison, water from the moon, and fire from the dragons).

Long story short, Aang's relatives + Korra are the only airbenders alive at the time being.

Hunter

I still think there's a possibility that more may sprout up later on. Just because we haven't seen any so far doesn't mean it can't happen. Obviously, since it's said that all benders originally learned bending from one spirit or animal or another, they weren't just BORN with the ability. So...logically...one could still plausibly learn bending from a creature and not have been inherently born with the ability. I think if a person is raised with the air bender's style of life and thinking they may very well one day learn how to bend by watching air bison.
well when korra first get to the island. shes eating in the dining hall and we see many people in monk robes. could this mean that tenzen is trying to teach airbending to raw levels. thus there are more airbender then what has been showen?

Adored Senshi

13,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
gaia_angelleft gaia_crown gaia_angelright

You have to remember back in Aang's time (one hundred years ago), that Firelord Whatshisface wiped out ALL airbenders. Aang was the only one left. There wouldn't be any families to produce more children with air bending abilities besides Aang's. Personally I think it makes perfect sense, and I like how the creators made it that way; so you can really see the severity of Firelord Whoeverhisname's actions truly were.

Greedy Capitalist

The ability to bend was, at first, a power that had to be learned. But as time went on, and people evolved, it became a trait instead.

I think it would be impossible for a non-bender to learn Earthbending from any moles.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Toph already had the ability to Earthbend. The badger moles simply taught her the techniques.

It's unclear how bending abilities are gained in the Avatar world. We know it's at least partially genetic, but there is more. It's stated that energybending existed before the bending of the elements. Maybe energybenders were the only ones who were able to learn the bending powers from the badger moles and the sky bison and stuff.
It said that the airbenders didn't die, they learned how to become the wind or some shiz.....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff