Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Hoarder

11,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
So in episode three, we learn the backstories of Amon and Mako and Bolin.
Does anyone else think there's a connection?
Amon's family was killed by a firebender trying to extort money,
and Mako;s parents were in front of him killed by firebenders trying to mug them.
Hmmm?

Also,
Lightning is playing a prominent role in LoK...
The Equalists have energy sticks, Mako produces lighting at the power plant, and Lightning Bolt Zolt has his lightning taken away from him.
Thoughts?

Fatcat

I was wondering the same thing. It seems like too much of a coincidence.

I love that they're using lightning much more in this series. It's rather awesome. emotion_awesome
I think they are connected in that way, but are you trying to say they're related in some way?

Shameless Mystic

Mako, I AM YOUR FATHER.

I really hope this doesn't end up being the case.

Original Hoarder

11,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
cristeal
I think they are connected in that way, but are you trying to say they're related in some way?

I'm just wondering if they're related because the same person/people/group attacked their families.
Or if the creators are trying to draw parallels--there are two boys with very similar pasts, but very different paths.
`April
cristeal

I'm just wondering if they're related because the same person/people/group attacked their families.
Or if the creators are trying to draw parallels--there are two boys with very similar pasts, but very different paths.

I am for the parallel lives comparison. I just think firebenders have had a rough history when it comes to giving up earth kingdom colonies. They've always been super stubborn and I don't see why it'd be different now. There's probably a history lesson to go with these incidents.

Original Hoarder

11,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
cristeal
`April
cristeal

I am for the parallel lives comparison. I just think firebenders have had a rough history when it comes to giving up earth kingdom colonies. They've always been super stubborn and I don't see why it'd be different now. There's probably a history lesson to go with these incidents.

Yeah 3nodding I think we'll see that in The Promise comicbook.
I hope we get to know how Amon went from hating the firebenders that killed his family to all benders in general. I mean, Katara hated the Fire Nation because they killed her mother, but she didn't hate *all* the Fire Nation people she met up with. Just the bad ones.
Unless Amon was Earth Kingdom, then he'd have a reason to hate the Fire Nation as well....but that still doesn't explain his hatred of all benders.

Original Hoarder

11,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Makorra
I was wondering the same thing. It seems like too much of a coincidence.

I love that they're using lightning much more in this series. It's rather awesome. emotion_awesome

heart heart heart
In TLA, I was hoping that Zuko would eventually get it!
And now...MOAR LIGHTNING. Seems a lot of people are at peace with themselves? lol
`April
cristeal
`April
cristeal

Yeah 3nodding I think we'll see that in The Promise comicbook.
I hope we get to know how Amon went from hating the firebenders that killed his family to all benders in general. I mean, Katara hated the Fire Nation because they killed her mother, but she didn't hate *all* the Fire Nation people she met up with. Just the bad ones.
Unless Amon was Earth Kingdom, then he'd have a reason to hate the Fire Nation as well....but that still doesn't explain his hatred of all benders.

He's tired of being pushed around by benders who take advantage of him and his non-bending peers.

Swashbuckling Fairy

11,075 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
When Mako told Korra his backstory I immediately thought of .... Batman!
It could have been the same Firebender that attacked both families but honestly that would be too convenient.

Yes Mako's Backstory IS Batman's.
I did notice that both of the people were firebenders when watching the episode....

Maybe Amon will try to get Mako on his side by acting like he understands his pain... Kind of like a "firebenders killed our families, bending should not exist in the world" kind of thing.
`April
cristeal

Oooo. I love parallels~ ♥

Chimera_69's Husbando

14,175 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
`April
So in episode three, we learn the backstories of Amon and Mako and Bolin.
Does anyone else think there's a connection?
Amon's family was killed by a firebender trying to extort money,
and Mako;s parents were in front of him killed by firebenders trying to mug them.
Hmmm?

Also,
Lightning is playing a prominent role in LoK...
The Equalists have energy sticks, Mako produces lighting at the power plant, and Lightning Bolt Zolt has his lightning taken away from him.
Thoughts?

I hope this won't be a Darth Vader moment.

Amon: Mako, I AM YOUR FATHER!

While it seems to be there as Mako and Amon had there families taken by a fire bender there could more then one fire bender trying to extort others.

I'm kinda hoping that's not the case here.

Rainbow Fairy

Mako was merely using another 'energy lightning stick' when he was working in the power plants. The only person I saw who produced actual lightning was FireLord Ozai, when he attacked Zuko after the eclipse. Uncle Iroh and Azula and Aang and Zuko himself were using real lightning and harnessed it's powers by letting it flow inside their very own bodies.

And the cool guy who attacked Bolin and Mako had a somewhat 'backpack' on his back, that, maybe, the source of the energy to produce lightning.

And as for Mako and Amon's childhood, amon lived in a rural area while Mako's family lived in the city. They may be a connection, but then again, they may be none.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff