• Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: KO 200
she looks so much more mature and just cooler in general

Cat

15,590 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
I think the short hair suits her. She's definitely a tomboy, and her new look fits.

Dramatic Protagonist

23,790 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Player 50
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
I might be reading too much into it,but it seems like in the Avatar universe cutting hair is a sign of great change.

I remember when Zuko and Uncle Iroh cut off their topknots in the first series. That was a turning point in their journey.

Also, Ang shaved his head to reveal his tattoos when he was ready to show the world that he was in fact alive when they thought he was dead.

Azula cut her hair, very poorly I might add and it proved to be a sign of her slipping further into madness.

Back to the current series, Jinora had her head shaved so she could get her air bending master tattoos.

Korra cutting her hair is an symbol of her becoming a better version of herself. She's not the same person she used to be.

Oh,and I think Korra's new hairstyle works. It's definitely a lot less maintenance than her old one. She has bigger things to worry about than her hair.

Enduring Gaian

PrincessTeala
I might be reading too much into it,but it seems like in the Avatar universe cutting hair is a sign of great change.

The cutting of hair to signal change and transformation is actually a universal practice. We don't see it as much in animation because it means more work and new character designs; but think of all the movies or shows were a character goes through some experience and comes back with a new do - particularly women.

Trash

19,075 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
i love the hair and i love the new outfit
although it breaks my heart but i also like (in a character development way) how they showed her PHYSICALLY change from the 3 years she was away
she isnt as muscular as she used to be
shes very skinny now sad

Ice-Cold Star

gomenasigh
although it breaks my heart but i also like (in a character development way) how they showed her PHYSICALLY change from the 3 years she was away
shes very skinny now sad
Yeah, I noticed that a lot in episode seven. I think it's partially her new clothes (the gloves especially) but she looks much more feminine and less buff now. She's super cute, but still.

Trash

19,075 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
viscountice
gomenasigh
shes very skinny now sad
Yeah, I noticed that a lot in episode seven. I think it's partially her new clothes (the gloves especially) but she looks much more feminine and less buff now. She's super cute, but still.
she'll always be cute but i loooooooooved her with her muscular but feminine physique
it tickled my pickle cool thats why seeing her the way she was made me sad
also because shes only skinnier because of the depression

Demonic Cat

I agree heart heart heart
A reason I've seen for Korra's skinniness and not looking so muscular is (as well as the depression or PTSD) she wasn't as active in the past 3 years as she had been. Before Korra got to Republic City and even while she was there she was training a lot, whether it was airbending or even probending. She was also fighting bad guys lol, so that most likely helped her stay so buff. smile But since the incident with the Red Lotus she's been healing and hasn't even really been walking all that long yet (I think?). I think now that the poison is all out of her and she's back in the game she'll get some more muscle tone back eventually. I love Korra's new outfit though, she looks feminine and cute as well as mature and tough even. smile It just fits her personality very well in my opinion!

5,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PrincessTeala

I remember when Zuko and Uncle Iroh cut off their topknots in the first series. That was a turning point in their journey.

Also, Ang shaved his head to reveal his tattoos when he was ready to show the world that he was in fact alive when they thought he was dead.

Azula cut her hair, very poorly I might add and it proved to be a sign of her slipping further into madness.

Back to the current series, Jinora had her head shaved so she could get her air bending master tattoos.

Korra cutting her hair is an symbol of her becoming a better version of herself. She's not the same person she used to be.

Oh,and I think Korra's new hairstyle works. It's definitely a lot less maintenance than her old one. She has bigger things to worry about than her hair.

Good s**t.

Beloved Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
She looks way better with shorter hair! I totally love it!

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
God of the Universe
PrincessTeala

Good s**t.

AMEN.

Sparkly Vampire

17,250 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Team Edward 100
PrincessTeala

You're absolutely right! ^__^ <3 That's sooooo cool!!! O.O O:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces