Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Aha
I don't think you can do more then one. If your from mixed parents you have potential to be either, but you'll still only be one or the other. But you never know, it might be a possibility in the future.

Actually, I think it would be funny if Korra finds a way to bring back the bending for those who lost it, but they ended up bending a different element then the one they had before.

Also if you come from mixed parents you can also be a non-bender.
Personally, i think it's potentially possible. If you look back at the ways bending is explained (assuming they're true) it makes sense that one person could learn more than one element. Eg, Yue says water benders learned how to bend water by watching the moon, fire benders from dragons, and earth benders from blind badger-moles. I do, however think this is highly unlikely to be addressed in the series because that would totally defeat the purpose of the avatar. But, that's just my little nugget of thought. c:

Questionable Citizen

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100

No.

Fashionable Hunter

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
"Only the Avatar can master all 4 elements" is said for a reason. Only the avatar can bend more than one element. Normal benders can work within their elements, to 'create' new types of bending. There are a few examples of this in Avatar: Legend of Aang, as well as Legend of Korra.

Water-bending: Since blood mostly consists of water, Katara is able to (but doesn't like to) Blood-bend, in that she can actually control a person's movements, and I think also kill them.

Fire-bending: Azula and Uncle Iroh give some stunning displays of Lightning-bending. Since both fire and electricity in the most basic of scientific terms are energy, if a fire-bender were to highly concentrate that energy they put into producing fire, then they could in theory produce electricity.

Earth-bending: Most metals have traces of chemical earth elements. That is why in Legend of Korra, Beifong and her team of Metal-benders actually exist. For metals that have lover traces of chemical earth elements, it is harder, and for metals like Platinum, that have virtually no chemical earth elements, it is near impossible for her and her team to bend.

I can't remember any subdivisions of air bending, but I'm sure Tenzin will go all BAMF on us and show us some cool tricks.
Wow, thanks for all the response!

It's be cool, but defeat the avatars purpose. ><'

I just thought it be cute if a waterbender stomped or something and shot up a few spikes. LOL

Shameless Loiterer

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300
Mrithyu
Aha
I don't think you can do more then one. If your from mixed parents you have potential to be either, but you'll still only be one or the other. But you never know, it might be a possibility in the future.

Actually, I think it would be funny if Korra finds a way to bring back the bending for those who lost it, but they ended up bending a different element then the one they had before.

Also if you come from mixed parents you can also be a non-bender.

Well yes, that is a possibility, but since we are specifically speaking about those with bending ability I didn't include it for simplicity's sake. Non-bending isn't what is being called into question here, so there isn't a need to mention it.

8,450 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Qixel
rage186
Qixel
When a water bender bends anything, they are bending water. Mud? The water in the dirt. Plants? The water in the plants. Ice? Just another form of water. Steam? Same as ice. Snow? Again, ice. Blood? Technically just water in the body.

Same with the earthbenders. Mud? Still the dirt (earth). Metal? Only bending the impurities within it.

And with Firebenders, lightning is a purified form or whatever bullshit. Forget the reasoning.

Case being, no one is doing anything different.

What he said. Also, I'm sure Tenzin will find a new extension to air. Who knows what it'll be? But with 2 airbenders now(1, not including Korra who hasn't learned it yet and the 3 children because they're....children) they're more likely to create an extension to airbending, because it is clearly the worst element with no extension.

Air is already the most powerful element, even without an advanced form. It can be used for perfect defense and perfect offense. Just blow away all attacks coming at you, and you'll find that your opponents are hard pressed to defend against air. For stealthier use, just remove all the air from someone's immediate area, and they'll be unable to breathe. For gorey use, forcibly remove all the air in someone's body. The only thing that comes anywhere close to defeating it would be a bloodbender on the full moon, and probably with the tide or whatever event made them more powerful.

I guess your right. THe whole "Not wanting to fight as much as possible" thing kinda didn't make me realize that.

8,450 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
IlanaLikesDoodling
"Only the Avatar can master all 4 elements" is said for a reason. Only the avatar can bend more than one element. Normal benders can work within their elements, to 'create' new types of bending. There are a few examples of this in Avatar: Legend of Aang, as well as Legend of Korra.

Water-bending: Since blood mostly consists of water, Katara is able to (but doesn't like to) Blood-bend, in that she can actually control a person's movements, and I think also kill them.

Fire-bending: Azula and Uncle Iroh give some stunning displays of Lightning-bending. Since both fire and electricity in the most basic of scientific terms are energy, if a fire-bender were to highly concentrate that energy they put into producing fire, then they could in theory produce electricity.

Earth-bending: Most metals have traces of chemical earth elements. That is why in Legend of Korra, Beifong and her team of Metal-benders actually exist. For metals that have lover traces of chemical earth elements, it is harder, and for metals like Platinum, that have virtually no chemical earth elements, it is near impossible for her and her team to bend.

I can't remember any subdivisions of air bending, but I'm sure Tenzin will go all BAMF on us and show us some cool tricks.

It's Avatar: The Last Airbender, not The Legend of Aang -.-

Beloved Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Inquisitor 200
I wish. :/
I don't think so though.

Fashionable Hunter

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
rage186
IlanaLikesDoodling

Whoops razz

Anxious Reveler

8,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
idk. but i think they could.
witch11
Nope. Absolutely not. Though a water bender can mud bend, blood bend, ect. But an earth bender could also mud bend. Like if something is part of their element then they could.

LOL You are purtyy exclaim exclaim exclaim razz heart

Sparkly Survivor

26,525 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
rage186
IlanaLikesDoodling

It's The Legend of Aang in Latin America, the UK and maybe some other countries I don't know

Dapper Capitalist

rage186
IlanaLikesDoodling

Actually, in some countries it was released under the title of Avatar: Legend of Aang. So technically it is still considered correct to refer to it by that name.
Edru
I know only the Avatar can master all four, but can a water bender do a bit in another element or is it zip?

The whole point of the show is you can only bend ONE element.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff