Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Worshipper

A ok set up episode:
Kuvira entered Zaofu wanting to take control.
Korra on her way to Zaofu.
Varrick experimenting with the spirit vine using it as a batteries.
Creating an energy blast similar to Vaatu weapon.
Varrick and Zhu Li had a moment but Varrick just had to ruin it by.
Korra arrives and talk with Suyin and then Kuvira. Korra decides to try to talk it out instead of fighting to hope she will listen. Kuvira Manapulates Korra into seeing things her way.
Kuvira forces Varrick to continue working on weapon.
Asuma visits her father. (sad moment).
Bolin trying to ease all the tension in the family.
Finally figures out Kuvira is a crazy so does Varrick.
Bolin Varrick and Zhu Li escape in robotic fight machine. Bolin Lavabending like a boss.
They get captured again.
Asuma and her father bonding.
Zhu Li gets her voice and tells off Varrick (about time) but goes to Kuvira side oh the great uniter.
Shouldn't have been such a Jerk Varrick.

Seems like Suyin and her sons are going to fight Kuvira

Time-traveling Senshi

Here's my take on the whole thing from some other discussion on the episode.

Betrayal seems to be the main theme this season, or at least the one where the Earth Kingdom side of the story is concerned. Balance for Korra internally, the Beifongs of Zaofu, the nations, and between spirits and humans is still very much the major overall theme of the entire season. Kuvira needs to be stopped for good. Reasoning with her won't help or stop her and Su knew that from the get go. Hopefully, Su won't do anything dangerous or even worse by the time Korra gets there to the scene. The fact that Kuvira is so obsessed with weaponizing spirit energy is very creepy to me because it looks like she's not going to stop until she can control it and use it against the Beifong's. And if my thinking is right she doesn't love Batar (sp?) at all and is using him just like she's been using Bolin's trusting nature and Varrick's mechanical know how.

I'm glad Bolin finally came to his senses and saw that what was going on wasn't what he thought it was. What he was exposed to was the dog and pony show. He saw the flash and the pretty distractions and was pulled away from ever returning to see how the people they were "helping" were doing. Bolin genuinely wanted to help the people of the Earth Kingdom, you could see that when he talked to Mako at the hotel and it was reinforced when he was talking to Opal. Bolin's a little like my own father where he won't listen to family or those very close to him about certain things but the moment someone outside of his close circle tells him what's really been happening he's willing to question everything he's been doing. It helps that Opal shows distrust in him and feeling like he's betrayed her by staying with Kuvira instead of going with her and helping the people of the Earth Kingdom. He must really feel like a major heel for choosing to go with Kuvira and for being used like he was.

I thought for sure something was going to happen between Varrick and Zhu Li in this episode with the way they looked at each other in the train car. Poor guy must feel like his entire world came crashing down on him and he was betrayed by his closest aid and employee. Zhu Li must be up to something like a plan or a diversion to keep Varrick safe from doing the spirit project that
          could lead to massive chaos and the fate of the whole world. Because we all know it's never a good idea to go playing around with things you can't control like spiritual energy.

And then there was the side story with Asami and her father. I found it kind of rather odd that they'd bring in Hiroshi and have four years in prison do that much to him. His hair had gone completely white and it looked as though he lost a lot of weight. I get the feeling he's had a year or two of depression and barely eating in prison to get that way. I admire the fact that Mike and Bryan are willing to have him regret what he's done to his relationship with Asami and try to not have him force her to trust him again. The fact that we're seeing him again must mean something other than to show how Asami's family life is going. He's going to be the key to unlocking some secret that will help end what Kuvira has been doing because they wouldn't just bring him back into the picture without a very good reason. I don't see it as anything regarding the Red Lotus because I can't seem to find anything that suggests Amon was a part of that movement. We might as well find out all of our answers in the next episode.

Gracious Worshipper

Chibi Halo
          Here's my take on the whole thing from some other discussion on the episode.

Betrayal seems to be the main theme this season, or at least the one where the Earth Kingdom side of the story is concerned. Balance for Korra internally, the Beifongs of Zaofu, the nations, and between spirits and humans is still very much the major overall theme of the entire season. Kuvira needs to be stopped for good. Reasoning with her won't help or stop her and Su knew that from the get go. Hopefully, Su won't do anything dangerous or even worse by the time Korra gets there to the scene. The fact that Kuvira is so obsessed with weaponizing spirit energy is very creepy to me because it looks like she's not going to stop until she can control it and use it against the Beifong's. And if my thinking is right she doesn't love Batar (sp?) at all and is using him just like she's been using Bolin's trusting nature and Varrick's mechanical know how.

I'm glad Bolin finally came to his senses and saw that what was going on wasn't what he thought it was. What he was exposed to was the dog and pony show. He saw the flash and the pretty distractions and was pulled away from ever returning to see how the people they were "helping" were doing. Bolin genuinely wanted to help the people of the Earth Kingdom, you could see that when he talked to Mako at the hotel and it was reinforced when he was talking to Opal. Bolin's a little like my own father where he won't listen to family or those very close to him about certain things but the moment someone outside of his close circle tells him what's really been happening he's willing to question everything he's been doing. It helps that Opal shows distrust in him and feeling like he's betrayed her by staying with Kuvira instead of going with her and helping the people of the Earth Kingdom. He must really feel like a major heel for choosing to go with Kuvira and for being used like he was.

I thought for sure something was going to happen between Varrick and Zhu Li in this episode with the way they looked at each other in the train car. Poor guy must feel like his entire world came crashing down on him and he was betrayed by his closest aid and employee. Zhu Li must be up to something like a plan or a diversion to keep Varrick safe from doing the spirit project that
          could lead to massive chaos and the fate of the whole world. Because we all know it's never a good idea to go playing around with things you can't control like spiritual energy.

And then there was the side story with Asami and her father. I found it kind of rather odd that they'd bring in Hiroshi and have four years in prison do that much to him. His hair had gone completely white and it looked as though he lost a lot of weight. I get the feeling he's had a year or two of depression and barely eating in prison to get that way. I admire the fact that Mike and Bryan are willing to have him regret what he's done to his relationship with Asami and try to not have him force her to trust him again. The fact that we're seeing him again must mean something other than to show how Asami's family life is going. He's going to be the key to unlocking some secret that will help end what Kuvira has been doing because they wouldn't just bring him back into the picture without a very good reason. I don't see it as anything regarding the Red Lotus because I can't seem to find anything that suggests Amon was a part of that movement. We might as well find out all of our answers in the next episode.

I agree on most of what your your saying 3nodding . I find the whole Asami and her father are going to cooperate to stop the machines that where used in the this episode. Since they are so good with the technical aspects. The red lotus and amon connect a theory that going around because imo I don't feel like there is a connection between the two though I can see how that would come about seeing they seem to be fighting for similar goals.

Desirable Bunny

Sacred Vows
A ok set up episode:
Korra arrives and talk with Suyin and then Kuvira. Korra decides to try to talk it out instead of fighting to hope she will listen. Kuvira Manapulates Korra into seeing things her way.
Bolin Varrick and Zhu Li escape in robotic fight machine. Bolin Lavabending like a boss.
They get captured again.
Zhu Li gets her voice and tells off Varrick (about time) but goes to Kuvira side oh the great uniter.

Zhu Li is going to betray Kuvira i believe. and props for Zhui Li going beast mode againest those armor suit things.

Time-traveling Senshi

Sacred Vows
I agree on most of what your your saying 3nodding . I find the whole Asami and her father are going to cooperate to stop the machines that where used in the this episode. Since they are so good with the technical aspects. The red lotus and amon connect a theory that going around because imo I don't feel like there is a connection between the two though I can see how that would come about seeing they seem to be fighting for similar goals.

Mostly when I was working out my thoughts on this episode I was looking for any reason, beyond character development for Asami, that they would bring back Hiroshi. There wasn't anything that seemed to connect anything Amon had been doing to any of the Red Lotus ideals so it ruled out any Red Lotus involvement and Hiroshi having knowledge of the Red Lotus looking for a way to weaponize the spirits since Unaloq was so obsessed with the Spirit World and was said to be a member. So it's going to go back to Hiroshi being the Howard Stark of the Book. He won't physically help stop Kuvira but he will say something that will have Asami realize something very important.

Gracious Worshipper

-l- Jasmin Windbloom -l-
Sacred Vows
A ok set up episode:
They get captured again.

Zhu Li is going to betray Kuvira i believe. and props for Zhui Li going beast mode againest those armor suit things.

I hope she does and she was pretty impressive against those machines like Zhu Li she of been show more often If she is this awesome.
I thought Korra really didn't take the situation seriously,she tried to reason with Amon in the first season and that failed,so did Zaheer.
Why is Kuvira so different?
Also I don't understand why she fell for Kuviras lies,she's being played.

Suyin will get caught and lose in the next episode from the season overview video,I hope everything works out though. emotion_0A0

Healing Junker

Mimi Sparda
I thought Korra really didn't take the situation seriously,she tried to reason with Amon in the first season and that failed,so did Zaheer.
Why is Kuvira so different?
Also I don't understand why she fell for Kuviras lies,she's being played.

Suyin will get caught and lose in the next episode from the season overview video,I hope everything works out though. emotion_0A0

she didn't really "reason" with amon, she basically went "You wanna fight? Come at me, bro!" over the radio...
As for Kuvira, I think Korra just wanted to find the most peaceful solution. Remember the first two seasons when she went fist a blazin' and it bit her back in the butt? I'm sure as hell Korra does.

Kawaii Dragon

39,525 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • 20000 High Score 500
Not Asuma , it's Asami

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
My current theory is that Zhu Li is playin' up to Kuvira in order to save Varrick.

Trash

varrick dumb for real
i'd be all over zhu li damn what a woman

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out