Other? tell me below haha xD 0.1 10.0% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 10 ]
1 2 >

Beloved Fairy

10,950 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
OMG LOOK WHO DECIDED TO SHOW UP IF IT ISNT TOPH. THE TOPH *faints I thought she was dead like what seriously?! and that "twinkletoes" I died....
also that photo of aang was like golden.......anyways what did you guys think, do you also think korra is suffering from mercury poisoning?
or is she just mentally scarred that much?
any thoughts at all haha

Devoted Friend

7,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Omg! I totally thought at first she was suffering from some hardcore PTSD, but since that one spirit could see the doppelganger Korra that leads me to believe it's something spiritual going on (and not a hallucination).

I love how she went Mulan and cut her hair.
I love seeing an overview of her progress and how she ended up where she was in episode 1.
I love seeing Toph (I figured she was alive since Lin and her sister mentioned her a few times).
I love the twinkletoes comment. Best last line to an episode like that ever.
I hate how I have to wait another week. xp

Probably the strongest start in the whole series. Definitely very exciting. Definitely sad it will be over soon.

Yourself?
heart

Magical Athlete

19,100 Points
  • Athlete 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Lady Lallo
Omg! I totally thought at first she was suffering from some hardcore PTSD, but since that one spirit could see the doppelganger Korra that leads me to believe it's something spiritual going on (and not a hallucination).

I love how she went Mulan and cut her hair.
I love seeing an overview of her progress and how she ended up where she was in episode 1.
I love seeing Toph (I figured she was alive since Lin and her sister mentioned her a few times).
I love the twinkletoes comment. Best last line to an episode like that ever.
I hate how I have to wait another week. xp

Probably the strongest start in the whole series. Definitely very exciting. Definitely sad it will be over soon.

Yourself?
heart

Toph comes back?
Actually i got spoiled before i watch the episode, so the toph's appearence wasn't and OMG moment for me but i laughed so hard at the picture of aang.

Magical Athlete

19,100 Points
  • Athlete 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Opposite of Depression
Actually i got spoiled before i watch the episode, so the toph's appearence wasn't and OMG moment for me but i laughed so hard at the picture of aang.

Toph really comes back? She must be really old!

Devoted Friend

7,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Little Phoenix Birdie
Opposite of Depression

She's about as old as Katara, but still her smart-mouthed regular self. 3nodding Hope that didn't spoil too much for you.
Little Phoenix Birdie
Opposite of Depression

Oh yeah, It was already confirmed she's alive previous season, so i was kinda expecting that.
This is how she looks like;
User Image

Magical Athlete

19,100 Points
  • Athlete 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Lady Lallo
Little Phoenix Birdie
Opposite of Depression

She's about as old as Katara, but still her smart-mouthed regular self. 3nodding Hope that didn't spoil too much for you.

I have only seen like four episodes all mixed up and not in order. so I don't know how old Katara is. :/ do you know a way for me to be able to watch them in order?
And no I don't think that spoiled it to much for me, Now I cant wait to watch it.

Dedicated Hunter

I was like all "Wait, wait! Who is that? Is that Azula!?"

And then I was like, "Omigosh its Toph!!!" *Fangasm*

I wonder, since Toph recognized Korra right off the back, (Just by the way she felt?) would that mean that she can "see" spirits too?

Time-traveling Senshi

Cobbling together here some remarks I made on this episode from another discussion group.

The major theme of this episode wasn't Korra being able to walk again but Korra going through some major PTSD. Glowy eyes Korra is her connection to Raava and it looks like she's so very afraid to reconnect to that because it means dealing with what happened to her when she was attacked by Zaheer with the poison. She's so afraid to deal with it that she's blocked herself from ever connecting to the Avatar State again until she does. It's so sad to see Korra so mentally beaten and so very down on herself.

I know her friends meant well but their letters showing how they've moved on with their lives in service to Republic City and the world was a poor move by them. Someone in Korra's delicate mental state didn't want to hear about people doing the things she should have been doing. She wanted to be out in the world bring back balance and order to things and yet she's sidelined in the South Pole barely able to walk. That was the last thing she needed or wanted to hear. It just made things worse for her and her friends never really knew what their good news could have done to her mental state. It's no wonder she didn't want to see them and instead took off on that long trek into the desert and to the small town where she tried to have a go of it as an underground fighter. At least we now know why she lost the fight, her connection to Raava and the spirits she met didn't want her to fall into a pattern of running off. They wanted her at her lowest so she could search out the one thing she needs in order to build herself back to where she once was.

I like that they're going to ha ve Toph be what will eventually get her back to where Korra needs to be. She was never easy on Aang and she won't be easy on Korra. Katara and Tenzin along with her parents seemed to push things too slow and seemed to enable her to fall into a deeper mental depression. I don't know if they've ever dealt with someone going through the kind of mental issues Korra is dealing with. I know Katara tried to find a way to make Korra feel better by saying Aang went through great pain but it just wasn't the same kind of pain. Korra right now feels useless and as though the world doesn't want her anymore. Aang just had to get over being the last of his people before he married Katara and had Tenzin. It just isn't the same kind of mental pain, Aang had survivor's guilt while Korra is going through classic PTSD.

Here's something noted about her letter writing and why she only responded to Asami instead of her very first friends in Republic City. While the attack on her by Zaheer wasn't necessarily anything dealing with her femininity like a sexual assault it had the same affect on Korra because it attacked a major portion of what defines her as Korra, the Avatar State and the connection to Raava. Anytime a man infringes on a woman in such a violent way be it a physical, sexual, or mental assault the woman is not going to be comfortable discussing what happened with men she's close to because she believes they won't understand. That's why Korra confided in Asami and why she told her to not let Mako and Bolin know she wrote. Korra's very broken and just like a rape victim feels like their feminine sexuality was stolen from them by a man she believes a man violated her ability to use the Avatar State and connect to Raava. It's why the spirits doubt she's who she says she is because they can't feel Raava in her.

Korra really needs the Avatar-verse version of Wounded Warriors right now.

Dedicated Hunter

33,975 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
I wonder if the "face the boulder" lesson will come into play again. That was entertaining.

Dapper Capitalist

TOPH!!!!!!!

that is all.

Demonic Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Quote:
Nice to see you again, twinkle-toes.

Quote:
Nice to see you again...

Quote:
Nice to see you...

Quote:
...see...

Someone add that to all the "Toph is blind" jokes montages.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Ringoringa
Quote:
Nice to see you again, twinkle-toes.

Quote:
Nice to see you again...

Quote:
Nice to see you...

Quote:
...see...

Someone add that to all the "Toph is blind" jokes montages.

The thing is though with her earth bending powers she sees through her feet so technically this and the other jokes are not really jokes when she has the ability to still see it is just another way of her being able to see.

Beloved Fairy

10,950 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Little Phoenix Birdie
Opposite of Depression

gaia_crown
gaia_angelleft but still just as awesome haha xD gaia_angelright

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas