Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Prophet

5,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Here's a thought. Sandbending? We haven't had a sandbending main character since Toph, and even she didn't actually sandbend much prior to the break they took on Ember Isle. It also fits Bolin's 'light on his feet' style.
Dio Exodus
Here's a thought. Sandbending? We haven't had a sandbending main character since Toph, and even she didn't actually sandbend much prior to the break they took on Ember Isle. It also fits Bolin's 'light on his feet' style.
That would be interesting, he'd probably be one of the first supporting characters to actually utilize sandbending then. 3nodding

Welcoming Spirit

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Okay Shut Up
Snip

Almost everyone I know, including myself, feels Bolin will obtain the ability to lava bend.
We first saw Bolin admiring Ghazan when he lava bended- only to bond with him afterwards when captured. The developers are giving out big hints of Bolin getting a power up in an interesting and legit way.

How often do you hear the good guys getting new abilities from the biggest threats like Ghazan (or aka the Elite 4 villains). Also I totally want to see more interactions between Ghazan and Ming-Hua because they probably do have a thing going on. Seeing such chemistry and so on shows they're human instead of "Oh look... baddies. Okay, what else is there to them?"

So yeah, Bolin will probably gain something out of this.

Time-traveling Shapeshifter

18,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Invisibility 100
Okay Shut Up
So we all know now that Bolin doesn't really seem to be good at metalbending as opposed to Korra being a natural at it (unless it's affected by her avatar powers), so I wanna know your thoughts on Bolin being able to lava bend instead.

Not really sure how or when he'll be able to do such a feat though.
He did kind of gotten a bit close with Ghazan in the latest episode (or not) which kind of triggered my thoughts on Ghazan "maybe" teaching him or showing him how to do it.

Remember this is just my theory. Don't bash on me too hard. ._.

Its a good theory. I thought about this a bit too surprised

OG Noob

7,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Balmaur
I would love Bolin to learn Lavabending. I really want him to learn it. But I think his main issue with metalbending is a mental type thing. I thinks he can't do it thus he can't do it. Lets face it Toph made metalbending and her mentality has always been she can do anything. You probably have to have that mentality to do it.
There's a comic that details this. Toph goes out and finds students for her new school. She ends up with four rather weak earthbenders and they all learn how to metal bend. It's not about the mentality that you can do it, it's about being different in the head, pretty much.

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur
I would love Bolin to learn Lavabending. I really want him to learn it. But I think his main issue with metalbending is a mental type thing. I thinks he can't do it thus he can't do it. Lets face it Toph made metalbending and her mentality has always been she can do anything. You probably have to have that mentality to do it.
There's a comic that details this. Toph goes out and finds students for her new school. She ends up with four rather weak earthbenders and they all learn how to metal bend. It's not about the mentality that you can do it, it's about being different in the head, pretty much.
Basically means the same thing. Mentality is defined as the characteristic attitude of mind or way of thinking of a person or group.

OG Noob

7,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Balmaur
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur
Basically means the same thing. Mentality is defined as the characteristic attitude of mind or way of thinking of a person or group.

Congratulations, but I wasn't trying to argue definitions. I'm simply saying that metal bending wasn't the result of Toph's tenacity, it was basically the result of her being different.

It's all detailed in the "Promise" comic books.

And Zuko has a shitty haircut.

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur

Congratulations, but I wasn't trying to argue definitions. I'm simply saying that metal bending wasn't the result of Toph's tenacity, it was basically the result of her being different.

Congratulations you managed to be smug and miss my point. I wasn't arguing the definition either. I was just pointing out my way of wording it wasn't wrong and didn't need to correct it. Toph had a different mentality then other Earthbenders and thus invented mentalbending. I've read the Promise. I'm simply saying the way Bolin is now he won't be able to metalbend. He won't be able to until is mentality changes.

OG Noob

7,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Balmaur
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur

Congratulations you managed to be smug and miss my point. I wasn't arguing the definition either. I was just pointing out my way of wording it wasn't wrong and didn't need to correct it. Toph had a different mentality then other Earthbenders and thus invented mentalbending. I've read the Promise. I'm simply saying the way Bolin is now he won't be able to metalbend. He won't be able to until is mentality changes.

Whelp, according to the wiki page, which is quoting the comic, the ability to metal bend has nothing to do with mentality. The ability comes from simply having the talent to do so innately. She explains to Sokka that she found her students when she was around them. Her meteorite bracelet would begin to vibrate when they were in some form of emotional state, causing them to subconsciously bend the metal. Apparently, only one in a hundred earthbenders could master the skill.

They go back on this, however, when Master Metal Bender Suyin Beifong states that the only limitation in learning the art is the limitations we place on ourselves. Whichever you take as cannon is really up to you. I prefer the original explanation, as it made more sense. I'm also bias, as I am not the biggest fan of TLOK, seeing as I strongly dislike Korra and her inability to develop.

Originally, it wasn't much different from regular earth bending, as Toph simply found the impurities and bent those, which were regular earth.

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur

Whelp, according to the wiki page, which is quoting the comic, the ability to metal bend has nothing to do with mentality. The ability comes from simply having the talent to do so innately. She explains to Sokka that she found her students when she was around them. Her meteorite bracelet would begin to vibrate when they were in some form of emotional state, causing them to subconsciously bend the metal. Apparently, only one in a hundred earthbenders could master the skill.

They go back on this, however, when Master Metal Bender Suyin Beifong states that the only limitation in learning the art is the limitations we place on ourselves. Whichever you take as cannon is really up to you. I prefer the original explanation, as it made more sense. I'm also bias, as I am not the biggest fan of TLOK, seeing as I strongly dislike Korra and her inability to develop.

Originally, it wasn't much different from regular earth bending, as Toph simply found the impurities and bent those, which were regular earth.
I'm more willing to believe Suyin sorry. She's managed to teach an entire city or Earthbenders to metalbend so there must be more to it if so many can do it.

OG Noob

7,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Balmaur
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur

I'm more willing to believe Suyin sorry. She's managed to teach an entire city or Earthbenders to metalbend so there must be more to it if so many can do it.

That's one of the things that irritates me about TLOK. They're trying so hard to make it compare with A:TLA, when they should just give it a rest. They act as if they need it to be just as big as the first one, so they're making up shitty story arcs that seem grand, such as this whole harmonic convergence bullshit. It's stupid. They should have just gone with something more relaxed, such as showing us how Korra grew up as a result of the first season and Amon. She should have gone on to then fix the issues that came up there, having her push for a world where benders and non-benders can be treated equally. Instead, they literally skipped over that, pretending as if everybody was okay with it, and went for some stupid story about the spirits. ._.

Now, to try to make things new and exciting, they're adding in unecessary bending forms. Lava bending? Seriously? Come on, why would they have to add that??? I mean, Roku already performed it, but he was the avatar. He should be able to do things that others can't.

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur

That's one of the things that irritates me about TLOK. They're trying so hard to make it compare with A:TLA, when they should just give it a rest. They act as if they need it to be just as big as the first one, so they're making up shitty story arcs that seem grand, such as this whole harmonic convergence bullshit. It's stupid. They should have just gone with something more relaxed, such as showing us how Korra grew up as a result of the first season and Amon. She should have gone on to then fix the issues that came up there, having her push for a world where benders and non-benders can be treated equally. Instead, they literally skipped over that, pretending as if everybody was okay with it, and went for some stupid story about the spirits. ._.

Now, to try to make things new and exciting, they're adding in unecessary bending forms. Lava bending? Seriously? Come on, why would they have to add that??? I mean, Roku already performed it, but he was the avatar. He should be able to do things that others can't.
I really don't want to b***h about the show with you. I agree the show has it's flaws but like it or not it's cannon.

OG Noob

7,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Balmaur
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur

I really don't want to b***h about the show with you. I agree the show has it's flaws but like it or not it's cannon.

Doesn't mean it's any less stupid.

It's like watching a filler arc for an anime.

It's stupid.

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Balmaur

Doesn't mean it's any less stupid.

It's like watching a filler arc for an anime.

It's stupid.
You are entitled to your opinion.

Lord DoomRater's Darling

Light Dragoon

40,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dragon's Path 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Okay Shut Up
So we all know now that Bolin doesn't really seem to be good at metalbending as opposed to Korra being a natural at it (unless it's affected by her avatar powers), so I wanna know your thoughts on Bolin being able to lava bend instead.

Not really sure how or when he'll be able to do such a feat though.
He did kind of gotten a bit close with Ghazan in the latest episode (or not) which kind of triggered my thoughts on Ghazan "maybe" teaching him or showing him how to do it.

Remember this is just my theory. Don't bash on me too hard. ._.
Well I'm willing to admit you TOTALLY called it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff