Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Bunny

I'm so proud of him, when I first met Gazhan, I knew he was meant to teach Bolin his craft!

And then they were trying to teach him metal bending, I was like Nooooo that's so cliché! He should stand out and have his own platform! Now look at him! In all his lava bending glory!

Bow before him, you non lava bending peons! BOW!

Trial by fire.... Lol, if only those twins knew, am I right?

Magical Master

I'm glad to see he did not learn Metalbending too. It was a given that Korra would be able to learn it, but the comics made it out to seem that Metalbending wasn't something you could learn if you tried hard enough, but instead something only certain people were capable of learning. Toph went on the look out not for people that were powerful benders, blind like her and thus open to concentration or even started shoving benders in a metal box to see if they would learn to bend out of desperation. You could either metal bend, or you couldn't. Hence why a Earth Kingdom prison was so comfortable with throwing Bolin (And who knows how many other earth benders) in a metal prison. Bolin simply is not a Metalbender. And if Asami and Sokka have taught us anything, it's that you don't need special bending to be awesome. Bolin has his own specialties, even without Lavabending. Heck, he was holding his own against a Earthbending master (implied that he could be a metalbender as well by the wooden cage) even before he learned lavabending! In the end, Zuko never really learned how to shoot Lightning either (only redirect). You don't need to be a specialty of your element to be a awesome character

Invisible Humorist

He's gonna have to practice..A lot....I don't think he can create magma on his own yet.

Ruthless Bunny

GhostlyMark
He's gonna have to practice..A lot....I don't think he can create magma on his own yet.

Oh yeah, that goes without saying. But I'm just so damn proud of him!

Ruthless Bunny

Moonlight Muse
I'm glad to see he did not learn Metalbending too. It was a given that Korra would be able to learn it, but the comics made it out to seem that Metalbending wasn't something you could learn if you tried hard enough, but instead something only certain people were capable of learning. Toph went on the look out not for people that were powerful benders, blind like her and thus open to concentration or even started shoving benders in a metal box to see if they would learn to bend out of desperation. You could either metal bend, or you couldn't. Hence why a Earth Kingdom prison was so comfortable with throwing Bolin (And who knows how many other earth benders) in a metal prison. Bolin simply is not a Metalbender. And if Asami and Sokka have taught us anything, it's that you don't need special bending to be awesome. Bolin has his own specialties, even without Lavabending. Heck, he was holding his own against a Earthbending master (implied that he could be a metalbender as well by the wooden cage) even before he learned lavabending! In the end, Zuko never really learned how to shoot Lightning either (only redirect). You don't need to be a specialty of your element to be a awesome character

Dude, not hating on the talents he already had... Ok maybe a bit, but I still had respect for him!

But I'm glad he gets his own stage, and now he's the only one on it!

8,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
That was pretty amazing...
Right before he did the lava bending, I actually thought he could have been killed. eek
I didn't think he'd end up being a lavabender either.

I guess the last few episodes just had so much to them and went so fast I didn't have much time to ponder much especially with all the suspense. That s**t was mad intense.

Edgy Fatcat

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Magical Girl 50
I was kind of expecting Ghazan to join team avatar. sweatdrop Especially towards the end, he seemed like he was over the whole Red Lotus thing and the least "evil" of the 4.

I'm sure he could have taught Bolin many cool tricks but seeing as he took a totally different route that wont be happening.

Ruthless Bunny

Blackberry Heartilly
I was kind of expecting Ghazan to join team avatar. sweatdrop Especially towards the end, he seemed like he was over the whole Red Lotus thing and the least "evil" of the 4.

I'm sure he could have taught Bolin many cool tricks but seeing as he took a totally different route that wont be happening.

I have to disagree about gahzan teaching him anything beyond generating the heat in the earth, because when Korra started going ballistic in her AS and blew his lava back at him, he just dodged it. Bolin actually lifted it, redirected it, and owned it!

Bolin is just a boss where lava bending is concerned! In the 4th season, I'm sure he will have mastered some new tricks, if he got past making the lava to begin with.

Edgy Fatcat

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Magical Girl 50
Benihime_Uchiha
Blackberry Heartilly

I have to disagree about gahzan teaching him anything beyond generating the heat in the earth, because when Korra started going ballistic in her AS and blew his lava back at him, he just dodged it. Bolin actually lifted it, redirected it, and owned it!

Bolin is just a boss where lava bending is concerned! In the 4th season, I'm sure he will have mastered some new tricks, if he got past making the lava to begin with.

I'm sure we'll see lots of new things from Bolin! I can't wait to see him master it and possibly teach his techniques to others.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Well, I guess they had to give Bolin something to raise his character's stock in this series as he's proven over and over again since Book One that he's inferior to the rest of the group. Sorry, I'm not trying to offend any Bolin fans, but I'm just not a fan of his goofy, wise-cracking element. I never find him to be useful in situations that really matter most of the time.

Conservative Prophet

5,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Now watch him only ever use it again in the next season's finale...

Shy Power

20,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
Yay Bolin! He's one of the reasons I watch, his antics remind me of ATLA humor smile
The Goth Collector
Right before he did the lava bending, I actually thought he could have been killed. eek

I guess the last few episodes just had so much to them and went so fast I didn't have much time to ponder much especially with all the suspense. That s**t was mad intense.

I thought Bolin was about to sacrifice himself. gonk
(is this how game of thrones feels like. worrying about the safety of every single character????)

8,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
Magical Miss Alice Jae
The Goth Collector

I thought Bolin was about to sacrifice himself. gonk
(is this how game of thrones feels like. worrying about the safety of every single character????)
Yeah pretty much what it seemed like. As for that other show, I know nothing about it. LoK and Avatar the Last Airbender is pretty much the only things I watch anymore.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff