Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

If you were a water bender, would you also like to bend blood...?

Hell yeah! 0.64864864864865 64.9% [ 72 ]
No way! 0.15315315315315 15.3% [ 17 ]
Give me gold now... 0.1981981981982 19.8% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 111 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Wealthy Bloodsucker

13,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
You think we will see it in the new Avatar: Legend of Korra...? I would like to.

If you answer yes or no to my poll, please tell me why. I would like to know what you all think.

Generous Citizen

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
I Hope so we have seen Metalbending why not blood? Unless its outlawed or something. neutral

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
As creepy and interesting as it'd be, I'm sure after what happened in the Blood Bending episode with Katara she'd take it to the grave with her and maybe even try to make it never be taught to others. It's not something most water benders would prolly attempt doing unless they're under extreme situations and actually attempt it on another human.

Fatcat

Seeing as metalbending now plays a vital role in the series, why not throw some bloodbending in there.
I wouldn't like it if it were a regularly practiced thing, seeing as how it's so...malevolent, but it would be
cool for a bloodbender of some sort to make an appearance.
Maybe Tarlock can secretly bloodbend. That'd be a sweet twist. emotion_dowant

Wealthy Bloodsucker

13,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Omikuji

Then how did that Amon dude learn how to take away other bending when Aang was the only one that knew about...? Unless the lion turtle show someone else... I think the old lady that show Katara could had show someone else before she pass away. Or ever to someone else before her. It just what I think.

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
Random Fan Girl 408
Omikuji

Then how did that Amon dude learn how to take away other bending when Aang was the only one that knew about...? Unless the lion turtle show someone else... I think the old lady that show Katara could had show someone else before she pass away. Or ever to someone else before her. It just what I think.

I'ma go off on a totally thought process from what I have seen, so this is prolly gonna sound ramblely XD

The event of Aang taking away the bending of Ozai was a bit of a different situation compared to the Blood Bending. What Aang did pretty much ended the war and was more known by many people including prolly anyone who knows about the events of what happened of the final battle. Ozai still lives, Tenzin admits only Aang/the avatar has the ability to take away bending. But if you look at what Amon does to a person vs what Aang did to Ozai it's completely different and not the same thing. At the moment, I think that Amon invented a way to take away bending through chi bending, and is using the spirits told him so story to make himself seem really awesome. Spirits are pretty much the gods in the Avatar universe, so running around saying 'god taught me how to do this and said to do this to the bad people' is not an uncommon thing in history.

The blood bending though? That was a small situation. Only known by one small town and Katara learned it, it could have easily been hushed quickly or lost in time. Why would she teach something of that morally questionable, Katara doesn't seem the type to teach that to anyone after the event happened. Why would she is the real question there.

Unbeatable Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
This is like saying "On top of your weekly pay, would you like a bonus?"
It's just an extra, why would you turn it down?

Wealthy Bloodsucker

13,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PyramidHead SHW

Cause it's evil... But still... I would like to see some evil water bender use it or maybe a good one on someone evil.
Maybe Korra can use it against Amon to prevent him from taking away her bending eek

Unbeatable Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
Random Fan Girl 408
PyramidHead SHW

Cause it's evil... But still... I would like to see some evil water bender use it or maybe a good one on someone evil.

It's not evil.
Try getting informed before you try to say things.
An evil person invented it, doesn't mean its evil.
So if an evil person invented air bending, would that make air bending evil?
Plus, it gives you additional abilities which is as I said a bonus.

Wealthy Bloodsucker

13,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PyramidHead SHW

If that air bender found a way to use their bender for bad, yeah... Hello...? Have you seen Republic City...? You have air, fire, earth benders using they bending for bad/evil things. But not all bending use their bending for bad, just like not all non-beading are all that good. How would you like to be control...? You wouldn't like it now, would you...?
MimiDolly
I Hope so we have seen Metalbending why not blood? Unless its outlawed or something. neutral

Due to its extreme nature, bloodbending is deemed by most waterbenders to be a dark art and is rarely used in combat. The complexity and sophistication required to perform the art only allows for its use during a full moon, when a waterbender's power is at its absolute peak; bloodbending is applied to daily activities infrequently.

we saw metalbending because metalbending has a background story among the beifong law enforcement.

4,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
want blood bender in the new series. simple, dont care if they area some sort of assassin or whatever, if there can be metal and energy bending, why not blood

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
I would like to because you could kill someone instantly.

Romantic Gawker

11,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Im so glad im not the only one who was worrying about that, once I
saw Katara and the new Avatar I was like she better had taught her
how to Blood bend or im going to be pissed xD its awesome and she
needs to know how to do it especially with Amon on her a** and just
messing them up it would come in handy. wink

Quick Reply

Submit