Total Votes:[ 179 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
which is better?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. or User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

which do you think is better? why?
who were your fave characters and favorite scenes?

i personally think that ATLA is better because it had a much more unique
storyline, characters, and setting
and it had a perfect mixture of comedy and drama equaling to EPICNESS emotion_awesome
but yeah, TLOK has had only a season so far so maybe in the future i'd change my mind
TLOK has better art though....
my faves are: Toph, Azula, Zuko, Sokka (i miss them a lot crying )
and Mako
but there is one thing that i agree they both have: awesome fight scenes!

and please don't just vote but post as well 3nodding
it's officially called Avatar: the Legend of Aang in my country by the way c:

Sweetest Wife

19,325 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • The Edgiest 250
I love ATLA
but LOK has some good potential c:
I enjoy them both over all

Girl

I thought that Korra was pretty good at first; it brought me back into the Avatar series. As soon as I started re-watching ATLA though I quickly realized that the Legend of Korra doesn't even hold a candle to the original series. I think the Legend of Korra had great potential as a story, if only it were longer sad

Greedy Capitalist

TLA is definitely better.

I can't really pick my favorite character. . .I do like Zuko a lot, though. My favorite scene is Aang going into the Avatar State when Toph mentioned the Sandbenders muzzling Appa. It was incredibly touching.

My favorite LOK character is Amon, not Noatak. Yes, there's a difference. My favorite scene is Aang vs Yakone.

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100

which one?

Sparkling Mage

Comparing the two would be like comparing a short story to a full-length novel.

Korra had 12 episodes (so far) and was supposed to be a 1-season miniseries while TLA had 61 episodes.

~4 hours of screentime versus over ~20 hours of screentime.

I can't really decide which one is better c:

Ornate Tycoon

5,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
I really don't think you can compare them to be honest. Yes they have the same story line driving them but the main characters who dictated the first do not dictate the second.

It's a totally different beast.

I love them both for different reasons. :3
User Image

Devoted Sage

Jizzsicle

Korra had 12 episodes (so far) and was supposed to be a 1-season miniseries while TLA had 61 episodes.

Exactly. I really enjoyed both series, but Korra hasn't had nearly as much time for growth or development. TLA was very slow paced, whereas LoK was very fast and ended quickly.

Sparkly Seeker

I like LAB for its characters, but it ran longer (so far) and you hand time to really relate with the characters. I like LOK for its story though. It seems more story driven, but the characters are mostly meh for me. I mean Korra is a BAMF and
bolin is sweet and enjoyable with his innocent vibe bu most of the other main characters I don't like, as the side characters seem to over shadow them a lot. I want them to get away from a Korra, Mako relationship. Mako just annoys me far to much, and I would rather not have that in my Avatar, thank you very much.
I like the first series best, Avatar the Last Airbender is epic...I find Mako really fun to mock, it's the only reason I don't hate him. emotion_awesome

Sparkly Prophet

ATLA is my favorite. I love LOK, too, but the thing that gets me is the taking away people's bending. It is a brilliant story line but it stresses me out. I am watching the show and I forget where I am, who is with me, ect. and all I can think about is how terrible it would be if someone took a part of me away. And also, I get upset because Aang isn't there. sad I loved him and the Team Avatar that came with him. It was a better story.

At the end of each episode I would always sit back and think "How can a cartoon series make me so upset?" Then I laugh it off and continue on with my day. My best friend thinks I am crazy, haha.

Aged Fatcat

Titanium Trojan
I really don't think you can compare them to be honest. Yes they have the same story line driving them but the main characters who dictated the first do not dictate the second.

It's a totally different beast.

I love them both for different reasons. :3
User Image
This pretty much sums it up for me.

Although I do favor the art in LOK than ATLA. It seems to be better imo

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
The last airbender. I like LOK too..., cat_sweatdrop
For one, the story was so much cooler.
They traveled, had friendships that were touching and believable, and the characters were awesome.

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
It's not even called The Legend of Aang...

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Jizzsicle

*claps hands* I'd tip if I had money... sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas