Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which Do You Prefer?

Avatar: The Legend of Aang 0.75977653631285 76.0% [ 136 ]
Avatar: The Legend of Korra 0.24022346368715 24.0% [ 43 ]
Total Votes:[ 179 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >
I think Aang's is better, but that shouldn't put down the awesomeness of Korra.

8,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I don't know, but I'm kind of glad they didn't drag the first series out past where it ended. Granted, they gave it room, but you can have too much of a good thing.

Beloved Phantom

5,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Aang's story was better to me. I don't really like the Korra's story that much. It's alright and it's pretty good but Aang's was much better to me.

Romantic Lunatic

10,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Comparing the two so far would be unfair currently as Aangs story has four books and Korras only has one. To compare them over all? I will say I find the time period change in Korra to be rather awesome which does contrast from the wartime period of Aang. I think Korra's tale has much potential especiall considering the art and changes to bending I look forward to seeing the rest. The characters seem rather straightforward showing obvious similarities to the original 'Team Avatar' even going so far to call themselves such. The new things are cool, gotta say. To me, not much can top the Siege of the Northern Water Tribe, or the Day of Black Sun, or Toph.

To compare Book 1 Water (Aang) and Book 1 Air (Korra) its tough the art changes one is based upon the other as well as the differences in story which are rather significant due to Korra trying to attain the use of air bending and in the her link to the spiritual side of bending.

Lin is just to awesome for words, Korra is a rather nice difference to Aang being shes more aggressive then flighty.

Unfortunatly my opinion would be instantly swayed by Toph but shes Book 2 but still Book 1: Water (Aang) has my place mostly due to the awesome display of water bending due to my personal bias of water benders are awesome. ((Close second Lin Be- I mean Batm- I mean Metal Benders *cough))

Boomerang allways comes back. Cactus Juice is the quenchiest. The Boulder.

Dapper Dabbler

9,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100

which is better?
Korra had great potential, but Bryke totally destroyed it with their romance storyline crap. They've said that the second season will focus more on romance, too, which is not comforting, and they've called the fans "crazy fangirls" and dismissed our concerns.

d**k move, Bryke.

Wealthy Millionaire

5,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
i can't really choose between the two because ATLA was already part of my childhood. i can't just compare it. but nonetheless korra so far is excellent!
avatar the legend of Aang was cooler and funnier

Shapeshifter

5,250 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Member 100
I Love Aangs legend better, only because it was more exciting and a lot more action then what's going on in legend of Korra. Legend of Korra Is really boring and the voice acting is TERRIBLE !!
And also i hate the way they show the previous episode at the beginning.
I personally like The Legend of Korra better....I'm honestly not positive on a reason but I do. Maybe it's for the characters or story I have no idea. That said Avatar: The Last Airbender is still right there behind it. It will always be the favorite because I watched every single episode as they aired..as many other people did I'm sure....and plus the story of both of them is just amazing.
Korra had a very interesting story line but it lacked in character depth. In ATLA there was such diversity of characters and they made the story unique and interesting. There may not have been complex love triangles or conspiracies but each character had personality and creative backstories.
I love Korra but Aang is my little hero.
It was really cool to see Aang and friends grown up though. whee

Beloved Ladykiller

I think both are great in there own ways. Both have a great support system. I think it is unfair to judge Kora based on Aang because, you didn't judge Aang on the Avatar before him did you? But that is just my opinion. I like it because the two are different. Because They didn't try to remake Aang.

Beloved Ladykiller

XxAngelofDarkDesiresxX
Korra had a very interesting story line but it lacked in character depth. In ATLA there was such diversity of characters and they made the story unique and interesting. There may not have been complex love triangles or conspiracies but each character had personality and creative backstories.
I love Korra but Aang is my little hero.
It was really cool to see Aang and friends grown up though. whee

Give Korra a Chance, the show is only on the 12 episode.
Honestl i have to say both because i love them equally BUT i dont like Korra better because it had Mako! biggrin

Dapper Dabbler

9,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100

ATLA or LOK??

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers