Total Votes:[ 179 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Pokemon Grey
I thought that Korra was pretty good at first; it brought me back into the Avatar series. As soon as I started re-watching ATLA though I quickly realized that the Legend of Korra doesn't even hold a candle to the original series. I think the Legend of Korra had great potential as a story, if only it were longer sad

maybe it still has a second season?

Girl

ShiN J1N
Pokemon Grey
I thought that Korra was pretty good at first; it brought me back into the Avatar series. As soon as I started re-watching ATLA though I quickly realized that the Legend of Korra doesn't even hold a candle to the original series. I think the Legend of Korra had great potential as a story, if only it were longer sad

maybe it still has a second season?

I actually posted that before I knew there would be a second season. Now I know there is.

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
irZakuraWolfe
WHY YOU MAKE ME CHOOSE??!?!! gonk

so which is it? smile
I would have to say Legend of Korra.

I only wanted last airbender in spare time, as a background show, because it was a bit too childish. Also, I didn't care for anything 'spiritual' that centered around the main character.

Korra I actually am excited to watch because of the mature ideals, prompt action scenes, and the setting. GOSH I loved the setting. Gangster setting in urban city. I love that. How can anyone not like old gangster settings. kdja;lfkjsl;fkd
i like the legend of korra >-< though the original was pretty good too. Korra ftw o/
Korra's great, but i'll always love the original series better.
The Last Airbender, for sure. Legend of Korra has no charm. I don't know if that's because its leads are late teens/young adults (who are by default less charming than kids) or because we never connect with Korra through the struggle of mastering the elements. Having her bend three out of four from the start takes away a big piece of the journey, both the physical, and the character's progression when learning what kind of person they need to be to bend. Then there's the supporting characters, or Team Avatar. Sokka was hilariously funny, while Bolin is the guy who tries too hard, Mako who is some strange Zuko-esque kind of bad boy, falls flat as he has no chemistry with anyone and appears to hoard Republic City's supply of hair gel for himself. Asami is... there. I mean, her fight scenes are beautifully choreographed, but character-wise, she's rarely gets past her face. Even at their worst, Toph and Katara were much more interesting than the current Team Avatar.
I also don't like the polar bear-dog mutant - it's something about not having properly done eyes (little black spots) that ticks me off.

Then there's the story... in The Last Airbender, we have the epic tale of saving the world from the Fire Nation who stands on the brink of complete and total victory. While in Legend of Korra, it's just set in a city. A boring, steampunk city where everyone and their grandmother can metal, lightning and bloodbend, terribly boring scenery (compare the city streets to say... the forest when Sokka and Katara got sick and Aang had to get frogs)... and cars. Freaking cars. burning_eyes

My absolute biggest gripe though, is how the finale was played out: Amon turns out be a bender (big shock -_-) and uses bloodbending to remove bending (I guess he shifts the flow of chi using the bloodvessels so that they can't bend) and Korra uses energybending to restore others' bending again (I was under the impression that energybending was less physical and more spiritual, going by what the Lion Turtle said)... and now she can also airbend, in the typical Loved-one-is-in-danger-and-new/hidden-power-is-awakened-scene.

Or maybe I don't like it because it's not very funny :/

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
Both are great.
I can see why you'd want to compare them, but my own opinion is that because there are many differences between the two series, they shouldn't be compared too much. smile
I'd think LoK has more romance than ATLA.
ATLA focuses a lot more on friendships, bonds and acceptance...
Though we'll just have to see as we progress through the second series!

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
Kekkaishi124
technically its avatar the last airbender not legend of aang but legend of korra better

it's officially called Avatar: the Legend of Aang here smile

Vanquished Star

9,125 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
As much as I love the storyline of ATLA, I'm more for LoK. LoK is coming out with the next book soon so I'm interested in how they are going to tie the season finale in from Air. Plus, unlike ATLA, Korra is more aimed towards older kids and teens, of which were the original fans of the Avatar series or current fans. The artwork has gotten better too, along with the characters.

Also, all of you that think ATLA and LoK are too different, it can't be helped due to a 70 years difference. Which means storyline, art, characters, etc. are all different.

9,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I agree with you. The Last Airbender (Aang) was better in a few off-screen, as well as on-screen sections.

For one, Aang's series had better voice actors. I am horrible with Korra's names, so please bear with me. The guy that has Zuko's voice looks way too old to fit the voice. And Korra's voice makes me want to punch her. Tenzin is alright, but Amon's voice bugs me as well. It needs to be more like Ozai - darker, not sing-song.

Two, Aang's series made me laugh and smile and pulled me into the plot line and story and just made me fall in love with each of the characters. I don't feel that same connection when it comes to Korra.

I do understand that they are WAY different storylines, as was to be expected, but I do miss the in-depth character learning moments that LoA had. Who can forget Zuko? His character development was insanely good. I'm just not seeing anything like that in Korra. Sure, she has a lot to learn, but she already knew so much that we don't get to see her grow as much as we did with Aang.

And let's just say that romance and pointless fighting isn't my favorite thing. I didn't even enough that in LoA, unless it was Toph's introductory episode.

Overall, LoK isn't horrible, but it isn't my favorite thing, nor will it ever be. Aang will always hold that spot in my heart as the one true avatar.
I agree with you. So far I like ATLA more than TLOK but i have been watching ATLA since it first came out. But they are both great and I am excited to see the next season of Korra

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

15,300 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • 50 Wins 150
I love Iroh having Zuko's voice. <3 Paying homage to good voice acting.

LoK holds more of a special spot in my heart because it's a series I'm actually waiting for new episodes and not consuming in a few sittings on netflix. Furthermore, I like the more serious and mature tone of LoK, compared to ATLA (considering ATLA had younger main characters, too). I feel a greater connection with LoK than ATLA because of my age.

However, I do agree with many that so far, ATLA is better than LoK in a couple of ways (plot, character development). LoK just has more characters I connect with. I love the soundtrack more in LoK, the animation, and the overall steampunk feel of Republic City.

2,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
The Last Airbender is better because of the story, comedy, and epic fight scenes. Legend of Korra was too rushed. Even if it would have taken longer to release, they should have put more thought into the story. They didn't show how Bolin met Pabu, but in The Last Airbender, they showed Aang and friends meeting Momo.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff