Legend of Korra 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 16 ]
I Can't Decide. Both. 0.40178571428571 40.2% [ 45 ]
Total Votes:[ 112 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

2,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Korra wasn't as good as The Last Airbender, but that's my opinion. You should just watch it though since all the episodes are out online.

Quotable Sophomore

3,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
AANG all the way
The shows are not a like at all but for the better because if it was everything would be compared but they could have at least had the theme song or a different one. The only thing really similar is the concepts. Both are great but i really like legend of korra but still nothing beats the original maybe because it was a much longer series.

Beloved Soldier

8,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
That's what she said.
I really like how it shows missing pieces from The last air bender into Korra's episodes. It makes me curious how they will they will show Anng's life through out of Korra's series. I cant wait for Korra's book two! 4laugh

Unsealed Rogue

13,975 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
Avatar Aang and his Energybending, baby! 3nodding
I prefer the old one, but that shouldn't diminish my love for this new one

Smitten Swapper

6,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Love Machine 150
I like Legend of Korra but I love Avatar: The Last Airbender... there's just something so awesome about the Gaang...

Gallant Prophet

4,850 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Hey guys I kind of like ATLA a tiny bit better but then again Korras not so bad. IF YOUR THE ULTIMATE AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER FAN OR ANIME FAN VISIT MY BLOG/PROFILE PLEASE pass this on to 1 other forum thanks!)
I think, when watching LoK you REALLY need to keep in mind that it was only intended to be a mini-series.

The best part about The Last Airbender, for me, was watching the characters grow and develop. They had three long seasons for that, so everyone was able to get the amount of care that they really needed.

There are some great characters in LoK, but a lot of them get pushed aside because the series is so short. The focus is only put on a couple people, and frankly, I don't like the characters they chose to focus on. Nobody really develops too much throughout the series (in my opinion) and the show feels like it's over already even though there are gonna be more seasons.

However, the animation is fantastic and Amon is a really great villain. The overall focus of the show is on the dark stuff that's going on in the city (as opposed to TLA where there was mass genocide and it wasn't really focused on QUITE as much since the characters were younger), and I really like the steampunk-ish setting.

I'd say it's worth a try, but you really need to keep stuff like that in mind.
I'd have to say i like Avatar the Last Airbender better....
I love how it slowly built friendships between everyone and in the Legend of Korra it felt kinda rushed...
I know, i know.
The series just started but still...
And i don't like how everything became more modern... :
I liked the simplicity of Avatar the Last Airbender <3
Legend of Aang was overall an awesome series simply because of having 3 seasons and a progressing storyline of such awesomeness. Korra on the other hand had an almost forced ending towards its season 1 which is kind of a let down but still nonetheless amazing graphics and quality. dramallama dramallama dramallama

Dedicated Genius

Thank-you for the good reply! smile I will definitely keep it in mind!

No Use For A Username
I think, when watching LoK you REALLY need to keep in mind that it was only intended to be a mini-series.

The best part about The Last Airbender, for me, was watching the characters grow and develop. They had three long seasons for that, so everyone was able to get the amount of care that they really needed.

There are some great characters in LoK, but a lot of them get pushed aside because the series is so short. The focus is only put on a couple people, and frankly, I don't like the characters they chose to focus on. Nobody really develops too much throughout the series (in my opinion) and the show feels like it's over already even though there are gonna be more seasons.

However, the animation is fantastic and Amon is a really great villain. The overall focus of the show is on the dark stuff that's going on in the city (as opposed to TLA where there was mass genocide and it wasn't really focused on QUITE as much since the characters were younger), and I really like the steampunk-ish setting.

I'd say it's worth a try, but you really need to keep stuff like that in mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff