Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

What are you most excited about with this new series?!

Korra 0.1048951048951 10.5% [ 15 ]
Republic City 0.006993006993007 0.7% [ 1 ]
Steampunk 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 13 ]
Learning old cast's history 0.083916083916084 8.4% [ 12 ]
Polar Bear-Dog 0.034965034965035 3.5% [ 5 ]
Mako & Bolin (firebender and earthbending brothers) 0.041958041958042 4.2% [ 6 ]
Tenzin (Aang's son) 0.020979020979021 2.1% [ 3 ]
Old Lady Katara 0.034965034965035 3.5% [ 5 ]
ALL OF IT 0.44755244755245 44.8% [ 64 ]
lulz, free gold! 0.13286713286713 13.3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes:[ 143 ]
< 1 2 3 4

Dangerous Visionary

So in love with Mako.

Dapper Pup

9,650 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Miss-dark8607
So in love with Mako.

I think everyone is in love with Mako
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ads;fljasd;naksdjnviawbe... That is all.

Big Lunatic

Innisa

I think everyone is in love with Mako

I second this thought.

I love how there's a continuation from the first series that's just barely there through the descendants. Everything is completely different, yet makes sense.

Dapper Pup

9,650 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Ellie Bartleby Nails

My only complaint with the series thus far is the technological prowess--but they have yet to mend it with me. After all, The Last Airbender was amazing; I'm sure this one will be, too!

*goes to auto tune every episode for the next 3 years*

I've been hearing that from several people. But, I like to imagine it like this (still haven't seen the leaked episodes, so maybe it gets explained, i dunno):

When the Roman Empire fell, the world plunged into darkness for nearly 1000 years. So much technology was lost, and living conditions fell, creating a void where creativity and science was lost. (I am Catholic, no bashing - I admit the Church had it's problems). Had it not been for the Church sending out crusades and keeping the common man down, who knows where we would be now? Mars? Alpha Centari? Who knows?
Putting it into the Avatar World, when the Fire Nation took over for 100 years, the world was plunged into darkness. Much was lost. But because it was only a 100 year "depression" the standard of living must have increased ten fold. Technology could boom at an unprecedented pace (see our own human history), creating this new steampunk world.

I could go into more detail, but I don't really feel like it right now. That's essentially the gist of it.
I personally enjoy steampunk things. (The jetskis last series bothered me, but I think I'll get over it). Provided it isn't too ridiculous, it should be ok, right?
I really liked the first two episodes, it's cool how the technology has changed form the first one because now they have stuff like in the 1920's.
After seeing the leaked first 2 episodes, I'm completely on board. I mean, I was before... but even more so now.

I do have a slight problem with the dialogue, it doesn't flow as well as it did in ATLA. But perhaps that's just a "First of a new series, need to get things across even if it's disjointed and we'll definitely smooth things out in due time" thing.

Also, I know most people aren't diggin' it, but dude. I'm totally in love with Pro-bending.
The Punk Rock Pirate
Also, I know most people aren't diggin' it, but dude. I'm totally in love with Pro-bending.

Seconded. Anyone have a feeling that it was Toph's fault? On top of creating a metal-bending police force? I can see her pro-bending in the afterlife.

Familiar Dabbler

User ImageI was a bit hesitant at first, but three episodes in and I'm already hooked. I love Korra and how she's the "anti-Aang." and I really like Bolin, too. He's funny! lol

I think the antagonistic are interesting too,even more than the Fire Nation. I can understand why some people might fear bending, and how other like Amon would use that to their advantage. Speaking of Amon, he's voiced by Steven Blum heart , which in my book earns big brownie points.

I'm not a huge fan of Mako, though. I like him, but semi-jerky, brooding bad-boy has never been a character type I enjoy (possible because I seen it so many times emotion_sweatdrop .) *Shrug* to each his own.

Practical Teammate

41,625 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
I love the show, and only three episodes are out! It's killing me to know that each season is a stand-alone, and that I'll have to wait for Korra and Mako's kiss scene somewhere in the first season.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff