Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Lunatic

Strange Times
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
╬══════╬

Actually, if you watch the video, it shows that he left the building, looked around, saw the trolly and at the last second he darted into the road, WITHOUT looking for traffic.
Asami is a huge fan of the Fire Ferrets and when she hit Mako she took him to dinner as an apology. She learned of their problem and decided to help out, WITH the condition that the team wears her fathers company logo on them. Now, if you had money and your favorite ___ was in danger of being cancelled, wouldn't you help out? I'd say so.
And Im fine with that, not trying to change your theory, just pointing out a possible flaw in it to let you think of it.
Nothing personal at all.
smile

╬══════╬

Time-traveling Senshi

CHASii
I read on wiki that there would be some major disagreement among the fire ferrets during the championships. Maybe its this Mako Korra Asami love triangle coming into play. The episode preview had no references to Asami though, so I'm not so sure yet.

I'm thinking that will come as a result of Korra spending more time with the Task Squad than she is in the gym or working on her Airbending. It did seem to be an issue during Chapter Four that she wasn't in the gym practicing on her Pro Bending moves when they switched to the montage of Korra and Tarrlok's task force going after the Equalist training halls. I wouldn't count Asami out of the entire episode though. Seeing as she's dating Mako she'll show up in the stands at the stadium, most likely in a front row seat.

I agree I was talking with one of my dfriends and dwe both agree Asami is totally suspicious. I think she is up to no good. At first I wondered if she was Zuko's grandkid or something, but I guess that would be a little chessy.

Greedy Capitalist

Maybe she just wants more fame by sponsoring the Fire Ferrets and having them win..
I get the feeling that she is of pure heart right now, but she'll be used against Mako in the future.

Maybe Amon or his goons will kidnap her and use her to lure Mako (and therefore the Avatar) into some compromising situation? Idk.

I keep thinking onto how Jet was brainwashed and did stuff at Lake Laogai (spelling?). I can definitely see Asami in a situation where she gets held hostage or brainwashed... Then Mako/Bolin/Avatar must go into a dangerous situation to save the day...
Chibi Halo
CHASii
I read on wiki that there would be some major disagreement among the fire ferrets during the championships. Maybe its this Mako Korra Asami love triangle coming into play. The episode preview had no references to Asami though, so I'm not so sure yet.

I'm thinking that will come as a result of Korra spending more time with the Task Squad than she is in the gym or working on her Airbending. It did seem to be an issue during Chapter Four that she wasn't in the gym practicing on her Pro Bending moves when they switched to the montage of Korra and Tarrlok's task force going after the Equalist training halls. I wouldn't count Asami out of the entire episode though. Seeing as she's dating Mako she'll show up in the stands at the stadium, most likely in a front row seat.

Maybe she'll even be in the locker room with them to give him a good luck kiss or something. But I thought Korra quit the task force? I know it never really said that in the show, but I just kind of assumed that she would quit since she never wanted to be there in the first place. The whole reason she joined was so that she wouldn't admit her fears, and now she has. I thought that since she did that, she'd quit. I don't know, just a rash assumption on my part.
ikally
I get the feeling that she is of pure heart right now, but she'll be used against Mako in the future.

Maybe Amon or his goons will kidnap her and use her to lure Mako (and therefore the Avatar) into some compromising situation? Idk.

I keep thinking onto how Jet was brainwashed and did stuff at Lake Laogai (spelling?). I can definitely see Asami in a situation where she gets held hostage or brainwashed... Then Mako/Bolin/Avatar must go into a dangerous situation to save the day...

I don't think she'll be kidnapped by Amon unless Asami and Korra become the dream team buds I want them to be. I think Korra hates her right now, so Amon won't be kidnapping Asami anytime soon, even if Mako (and in turn Korra) will go after her. He has no way of knowing that Korra will actually cut of her testosterone-dominant-jealousy-lady-balls to try and help Asami. If he were to kidnap anyone (or brainwash anyone for that matter) it would most likely be Mako, Bolin, Tenzin, or his family. They're way closer to Korra than Asami is (for now anyways).

But, to rebut my own argument (I'd never make the debate team since I keep doing this), it is still a YET. We've only seen Asami for one episode AND she's only met Korra once. Korra was very hostile towards her, but it could have had something to do with not seeing her team in a while and some of that emotional turmoil from her Amon-phobia. There is also supposedly a leaked image of Korra and Asami tearing their way down a street like crazy in a Sato-mobile. In the future, they may become close and Amon may take advantage of that, but that is in the future. For now, Asami is only of romantic importance.
yumi_sempai159
I agree I was talking with one of my dfriends and dwe both agree Asami is totally suspicious. I think she is up to no good. At first I wondered if she was Zuko's grandkid or something, but I guess that would be a little chessy.

Nah, her dad is Hiroshi, so he would have to be Zuko's son. Then, he wouldn't be dirt poor like he described. But maybe her dead mother... interesting.

Time-traveling Senshi

CHASii
Chibi Halo
CHASii

Maybe she'll even be in the locker room with them to give him a good luck kiss or something. But I thought Korra quit the task force? I know it never really said that in the show, but I just kind of assumed that she would quit since she never wanted to be there in the first place. The whole reason she joined was so that she wouldn't admit her fears, and now she has. I thought that since she did that, she'd quit. I don't know, just a rash assumption on my part.

Actually, I was looking at the promo for the episode again and it looks like it's going to simply be a matter of them not having good teamwork. It looks like Korra isn't going to follow the game plan they worked on and take risky shots when she thinks she can take them. Plus, her temper and pride are going to get in the way when her team is called a bunch of losers by Tanho. So she's going to take solo shots during the tournament and get on Mako's bad side causing the two of them to fight with each other. Some of it could be as a result of Korra skipping out on practices for Airbending training and the fact that Mako started dating Asami and didn't really tell her.

Chibi Halo
CHASii
Chibi Halo
CHASii

Actually, I was looking at the promo for the episode again and it looks like it's going to simply be a matter of them not having good teamwork. It looks like Korra isn't going to follow the game plan they worked on and take risky shots when she thinks she can take them. Plus, her temper and pride are going to get in the way when her team is called a bunch of losers by Tanho. So she's going to take solo shots during the tournament and get on Mako's bad side causing the two of them to fight with each other. Some of it could be as a result of Korra skipping out on practices for Airbending training and the fact that Mako started dating Asami and didn't really tell her.

I saw that too, but I actually think that episode five will have more to do with a confrontation with Tahno. There was a leaked scene (or it may have been in a preview) of Korra getting veyr angry with him and sicking Naga on him. Have you see the "You want to go tow to toe with me pretty boy?" scene? That's it.

Time-traveling Senshi

CHASii
I saw that too, but I actually think that episode five will have more to do with a confrontation with Tahno. There was a leaked scene (or it may have been in a preview) of Korra getting veyr angry with him and sicking Naga on him. Have you see the "You want to go tow to toe with me pretty boy?" scene? That's it.

Right but from what I've been reading and checking out it looks like Chapters Five and Six are going to be pivotal where Amon is concerned. Talk has been going around the wider fandom that Amon will stop going after just the bending mafia families and start hitting anyone with bending skills during the time of the tournament.

Chibi Halo
CHASii

Right but from what I've been reading and checking out it looks like Chapters Five and Six are going to be pivotal where Amon is concerned. Talk has been going around the wider fandom that Amon will stop going after just the bending mafia families and start hitting anyone with bending skills during the time of the tournament.

Oh! And I just thought it would be a boring tournament filler! If Amon is now pivotal then I actually look forward to watch it! Too bad I won't be able to watch on Saturday. sad
Here's how I see it. Asami Sato hits Mako, then asks him out on a date? That's a clue right there. her father is the creator of the Satomobile, and then they're seen at the Councilman's gala, thrown by an overly obvious sleezy greaseball of a typical politician. Asami, on which I agree, is most likely working with Aman, who probably funded her dad's cars! Heck, she probably trained under him and she was probably an orphan, making Mr. Sato a client of her secret martial arts skills!! I can only agree that Asami Sato is indeed up to something, cause this is only the 4th episode and there's already a romance? Uh-uh, hunny!! Besides...she's to pretty to trust. I mean...look at Lust from FMA. Totally see a correlation here. O.o

Fashionable Shopper

WhiteLustDemon
Here's how I see it. Asami Sato hits Mako, then asks him out on a date? That's a clue right there. her father is the creator of the Satomobile, and then they're seen at the Councilman's gala, thrown by an overly obvious sleezy greaseball of a typical politician. Asami, on which I agree, is most likely working with Aman, who probably funded her dad's cars! Heck, she probably trained under him and she was probably an orphan, making Mr. Sato a client of her secret martial arts skills!! I can only agree that Asami Sato is indeed up to something, cause this is only the 4th episode and there's already a romance? Uh-uh, hunny!! Besides...she's to pretty to trust. I mean...look at Lust from FMA. Totally see a correlation here. O.o

User ImageFrom the first few episodes Aang was into Katara. He just kept it secret for awhile although it was obvious when she asked why he was looking at her like that.

I don't think that Asami is up to no good. I think shes very nice and I think she simply just ran into Mako, learned of his issue and then asked her father to help fund it. Shes just a rich girl who can buy the things she wants.

5,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I like her enough.
Here's what I imagine:

Mako gets hit on his head by a rock that falls out of a sky, and realizes what an idjit he's being. He belongs with Korra.

I can keep dreaming. Until then, I just have to cope with Asami and Mako. <//////////////////////////3

She doesn't have to be bad! In fact, she could be biffle's with Korra- a girl her age, actually. And I DO love Tenzin's daughters.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff