Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chimera_69's Husbando

14,175 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
CHASii
Yami Alexander 4
CHASii
I got a feelin' that this girl is up to something. Not quite sure yet, but I have a FEELING that she is up to something. I'm so not sure that I think it could be anything from being Amon in secret (Darth Vader voice filter?), or just trying to get a kiss from a famous dude (i.e. Mako). I just gots this feeling! She's gonna do something shady!! Watch out for her!
>.>
<.<

I'm going to share my "Her father is on Amon's side agents his own choice" theroy

I haven't heard that one yet! Its interesting. A reason for her feeling unsafe. A reason for her to hand onto Mako so desperately ('member how she buys him stuff?). Because she once said to him "I feel so safe with you." And that kinda makes sense. When Mr. Sato was talking about his loan for the Satomobile, it was an anonymous benefactor. No name. Amon could have given it to him, so now he's being force into the equilists as his loan payment. Interesting... I like it.

Yes! Some one gets it!
witch11
CHASii
witch11
I think she comes off sort of shady but in the end she's going to turn out okay. They love to do that (see every character in the entire AtLA series).

Yea, but Korra is probably still gonna hate her I think. Jealousy. Mako. All that depressing stuff. I really with that they'd become friends though. Korra and Asami would make one sexy team! ;D
I hope they become biffles. I don't see that much jealousy really over Mako. I think more likely there will be a lot of confusion and indecision on his side. Korra doesn't seem like she gets jealous, she just goes in and takes what she wants. Asami I think I see with jealousy issues. There is that car scene of them together so I have hope of their friendship. ._.

During the ball that councilman threw for Korra, Mako showed up with Asami as his date. Korra was very hostile towards Asami and short with Mako. I think that kind of looked like jealousy. What car scene are you talking about?

Wheezing Fatcat

CHASii
witch11
CHASii
witch11
I think she comes off sort of shady but in the end she's going to turn out okay. They love to do that (see every character in the entire AtLA series).

Yea, but Korra is probably still gonna hate her I think. Jealousy. Mako. All that depressing stuff. I really with that they'd become friends though. Korra and Asami would make one sexy team! ;D
I hope they become biffles. I don't see that much jealousy really over Mako. I think more likely there will be a lot of confusion and indecision on his side. Korra doesn't seem like she gets jealous, she just goes in and takes what she wants. Asami I think I see with jealousy issues. There is that car scene of them together so I have hope of their friendship. ._.

During the ball that councilman threw for Korra, Mako showed up with Asami as his date. Korra was very hostile towards Asami and short with Mako. I think that kind of looked like jealousy. What car scene are you talking about?
I didn't read jealousy in that. She was a little shocked or whatever, maybe a little jealous, but honestly I think it was more surprise. She was already being short with EVERYONE because of her nightmares and the fact that she didn't really want to be there. The car scene is in a future episode. I've been seeing it round tumblr.
witch11
CHASii
witch11
CHASii
witch11

I didn't read jealousy in that. She was a little shocked or whatever, maybe a little jealous, but honestly I think it was more surprise. She was already being short with EVERYONE because of her nightmares and the fact that she didn't really want to be there. The car scene is in a future episode. I've been seeing it round tumblr.

Could you link me to it? I'd love to see it.

Wheezing Fatcat

CHASii
witch11
CHASii
witch11
CHASii
witch11

I can't find the original but here is some art someone did of the original. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m25g6ngVvc1qa061zo1_1280.jpg

Beloved Lunatic

Strange Times
Probably because she's conveniently runs into Mako on her bike. She conveniently seems to like him. She conveniently is from a rich family who can sponsor the Fire Ferrets in the tournament. She's also very pretty and stealing Korra's likely future boyfriend (sigh). Most likely she's either pulling some kind of agenda, or she's going to die like Sokka's moon girl did. Or both.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
╬══════╬

Not to seem rude, but how can you conveniently run into someone when they run across the street in front of you, on the other side of a parked truck, while going at a pretty decent speed?

╬══════╬

Time-traveling Senshi

CHASii
Chibi Halo
          She might have a secret but I don't think is a devious one. It could be that she's hiding from people she's the only female in the Satombile racing circuit or that she secretly drag races at night without her father knowing what she does. The descriptions of her do say she's a very good driver and likes racing Satomobiles.

I like this idea. Maybe! Right now she's just the source of hate because she asked Mako out, but maybe she's not just a screw ball in this inflated romance plot! She could actually have the blessed character depth!

Everyone seems to think she's taking him out to expensive fancy places because she has ulterior motives to sell the Fire Ferrets out to Amon. It could be that when she realized who she bumped into she was trying to impress him because she thought he was this ultra famous Pro Bender and not just a rookie who caught the eye of the sports reporters. I do think she felt bad about hitting him with her scooter and decided to make up for it by taking him to a meal and when she realized where she recognized him from she took Mako to her favorite place which happened to be this posh place with a strict dress code so she sprung for a suit so he could dine with her. That's when she found out he couldn't afford the entry fee into the upcoming tournament and decided to talk her father into giving him a chance to prove himself through sponsoring the team.

I do get the feeling that Asami believes dating an up and coming star in the Pro Bending circuit will up her social standing among her peers. She's kind of being the Kim Kardashian of the Avatar world where status symbols mean more than the company she keeps. The fancy restaurant, the fancy clothes, the fancy chauffeur driven from behind Satomobile, and the status boyfriend seem to be more what she's into at the moment. It could be that she's down to earth like her father and just following the trends of the day among her peer group, which I hope is the case, like most teens at that age.

witch11
CHASii
witch11
CHASii
witch11

I can't find the original but here is some art someone did of the original. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m25g6ngVvc1qa061zo1_1280.jpg

So there was an actual picture from the show like this? Sweet! Its the dream team!

Wheezing Fatcat

CHASii
witch11
CHASii
witch11
CHASii
witch11

So there was an actual picture from the show like this? Sweet! Its the dream team!
I believe so yes. And yep. I think even if there is jealousy it'll be put aside soon enough. They'll probably realize Mako is just a stupid boy and they'll move on. xD
Chibi Halo
CHASii
Chibi Halo
          She might have a secret but I don't think is a devious one. It could be that she's hiding from people she's the only female in the Satombile racing circuit or that she secretly drag races at night without her father knowing what she does. The descriptions of her do say she's a very good driver and likes racing Satomobiles.

I like this idea. Maybe! Right now she's just the source of hate because she asked Mako out, but maybe she's not just a screw ball in this inflated romance plot! She could actually have the blessed character depth!

Everyone seems to think she's taking him out to expensive fancy places because she has ulterior motives to sell the Fire Ferrets out to Amon. It could be that when she realized who she bumped into she was trying to impress him because she thought he was this ultra famous Pro Bender and not just a rookie who caught the eye of the sports reporters. I do think she felt bad about hitting him with her scooter and decided to make up for it by taking him to a meal and when she realized where she recognized him from she took Mako to her favorite place which happened to be this posh place with a strict dress code so she sprung for a suit so he could dine with her. That's when she found out he couldn't afford the entry fee into the upcoming tournament and decided to talk her father into giving him a chance to prove himself through sponsoring the team.

I do get the feeling that Asami believes dating an up and coming star in the Pro Bending circuit will up her social standing among her peers. She's kind of being the Kim Kardashian of the Avatar world where status symbols mean more than the company she keeps. The fancy restaurant, the fancy clothes, the fancy chauffeur driven from behind Satomobile, and the status boyfriend seem to be more what she's into at the moment. It could be that she's down to earth like her father and just following the trends of the day among her peer group, which I hope is the case, like most teens at that age.

At first I was considering just about anything, but I've found that she's doesn't actually give off that "Do as I say or else" vibe. Dealings with the equilists are out (unless they are done in willfulness). If she is up to something it is less serious. Although I don't think her dating Mako is just ENTIERLY for status. I genuinely think that she came to really like him.

Dangerous Lunatic

l_Kimana_l
Strange Times
Probably because she's conveniently runs into Mako on her bike. She conveniently seems to like him. She conveniently is from a rich family who can sponsor the Fire Ferrets in the tournament. She's also very pretty and stealing Korra's likely future boyfriend (sigh). Most likely she's either pulling some kind of agenda, or she's going to die like Sokka's moon girl did. Or both.
╬══════╬

Not to seem rude, but how can you conveniently run into someone when they run across the street in front of you, on the other side of a parked truck, while going at a pretty decent speed?

╬══════╬

She could have easily had someone else who signaled her to go forward and run his a** over. Among other possible scenarios. -shrug- As for her speed, she couldn't have been going at a deadly speed, elsewise her smooth stop would probably have cracked some of Mako's bones. Therefore, her acceleration time wasn't necessarily that long.

Time-traveling Senshi

CHASii
At first I was considering just about anything, but I've found that she's doesn't actually give off that "Do as I say or else" vibe. Dealings with the equilists are out (unless they are done in willfulness). If she is up to something it is less serious. Although I don't think her dating Mako is just ENTIERLY for status. I genuinely think that she came to really like him.

I wouldn't say it's completely for status but it doesn't hurt that he has some small level of notoriety in the city. She does seem to like doting on him and giving him trinkets to prove how much she cares for him. It's nothing bad per say but it can become distracting if she starts hanging around the gym during practices and monopolizing Mako's time. We'll have to see just how much of it is her playing the game of I got the better arm candy around her peers and how much of it is I really like this guy and the only way I know how to get him to like me is to impress him with lavish gifts because I can. I'm thinking it's more of the later because she's been brought up in a wealthy family and doesn't know anything else. We'll have to see what sort of impact she makes on Mako where the Pro Bending matches are concerned come Saturday.

Beloved Lunatic

Strange Times

She could have easily had someone else who signaled her to go forward and run his a** over. Among other possible scenarios. -shrug- As for her speed, she couldn't have been going at a deadly speed, elsewise her smooth stop would probably have cracked some of Mako's bones. Therefore, her acceleration time wasn't necessarily that long.
╬══════╬

Notice that I said 'decent speed', not dangerous.
And for her to be signaled would mean that she was close to the location, but it showed her
several yards away before Mako made the movement to cross the street.
Remember, this is all happening in a quick time frame, just a few seconds. Not enough time for Mako to decide to cross the street, have someone signal Asami to go and to make it to his location by the time he entered her path. Highly unlikely, even for a cartoon.
neutral

╬══════╬
Chibi Halo
CHASii

I wouldn't say it's completely for status but it doesn't hurt that he has some small level of notoriety in the city. She does seem to like doting on him and giving him trinkets to prove how much she cares for him. It's nothing bad per say but it can become distracting if she starts hanging around the gym during practices and monopolizing Mako's time. We'll have to see just how much of it is her playing the game of I got the better arm candy around her peers and how much of it is I really like this guy and the only way I know how to get him to like me is to impress him with lavish gifts because I can. I'm thinking it's more of the later because she's been brought up in a wealthy family and doesn't know anything else. We'll have to see what sort of impact she makes on Mako where the Pro Bending matches are concerned come Saturday.

I read on wiki that there would be some major disagreement among the fire ferrets during the championships. Maybe its this Mako Korra Asami love triangle coming into play. The episode preview had no references to Asami though, so I'm not so sure yet.

Dangerous Lunatic

l_Kimana_l
Strange Times

╬══════╬

Notice that I said 'decent speed', not dangerous.
And for her to be signaled would mean that she was close to the location, but it showed her
several yards away before Mako made the movement to cross the street.
Remember, this is all happening in a quick time frame, just a few seconds. Not enough time for Mako to decide to cross the street, have someone signal Asami to go and to make it to his location by the time he entered her path. Highly unlikely, even for a cartoon.
neutral

╬══════╬

Oh? You mean one couldn't see Mako approaching the street, when the street is obviously fairly long (no corner observable from what I've seen)? It wasn't like his decision was random, he was actively walking towards the road in order to get to the trolley... bus... whatever it was. She could have plenty of time to see him walking towards the street (even without a signal, now that I think about it).

Perhaps, say, it was just an accident that she ran into him. That doesn't negate the other coincidences that occurred afterwards. The fact they the team is suddenly getting this money without any effort at all, with absolutely no strings attached or anything asked in return, (not to mention a bonus hot girlfriend) is much less plausible, in my opinion, than Asami purposefully running into Mako. As it is, that is honestly just my opinion. It's not like I wrote the show, and this is honestly speculation on my part, as it is yours. It doesn't seem either of us is going to change our opinions, so let's just agree to disagree, compadre.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff