Welcome to Gaia! ::

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: KO 200
Evany Star

What do you mean Bumi had nothing? Bumi was a commander for the United Forces and is an excellent strategist.

Not taking away from that but they could at least give him a sword or something. So the fact he actually has an ability to allow him to fight even if it's against nonbenders makes a larger difference.
Evany Star

Besides, anyone can use a power glove, they were specifically made so that ordinary people could use them. Asami isn't particularly masterful at using it, and her fighting skills aren't good enough to be pitted against benders, especially the Red Lotus. Asami is really no more than a taxi driver right now.
In the last season, she was able to handle herself against non benders but was never seen to be able to hold her own against benders. If Asami is to stand equally to the other members of Team Avatar, then she needs to learn chi blocking or invent a long range weapon.[
I don't know about that, she handled herself pretty well against those bandits. She doesn't need to be overpowered just strong enough to fight some people even if it is just nonbending grunts. We know she isn't going to be fighting the big bosses since their group is so much more larger than Aang's group which actually required Sokka to do stuff.
I think the creators think that Asumi doesnt need it she is so bad a** already so air bending would make it more complicated
According to Bryke, she was created for the sole-purpose of being the non-bending perspective on the new team avatar. To take that away by giving her bending would defeat the purpose, she is clearly the smartest and most capable member of the team, and it's important to show that even without bending she is awesome.

Conservative Prophet

5,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Asami is more of a support person, regardless. She's the "smart one"-- The Katara of the group in some ways. I don't see her getting directly involved in battles between master benders and the like as a 'good thing'. Remember that Kai was a one-in-a-million prodigy, and even he's not with the group now; She'd have no real control over her powers and would have to be sent away to the Northern Air Temple as a result.

In a relationship with Me myself nd me again

Noob

13,225 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
NO. NOT HER HAIR.

Manly Lunatic

She should be a Firebender... IT WOULD BE FANTASTICALLY IRONIC! Yah know, since her mother was killed by one, and her father would probably go so nuts over it... WOULD BE GREAT!

Kawaii Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Meh, I prefer her without bending skills.
The bending will only take away her real charm, and her ability to still function as a non-bender.
It's the same with Bumi.
While the bending didn't change his character much, I liked him a lot more as a non-bender who still managed to climb up the ladder through his hard work in the United Forces.

On a side note, how is Asami 'useless'?
She's practically the second brain of the group with a lot of resources and fighting skills.
She may not be up to the same fighting level as the benders of the group, but she's still very good.
justwind
She doesn't need airbending or anything of that matter...Asami is a strong independent non-bender woman.
She go, girl.
I do have to agree you are right about that.

If she doesnt get any bending at all how about......Look bending? Has pretty looks to back her? ^^;;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff