Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano
Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano
Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano

pshh, I guess aang has korra beat in the skill department. All of those times she entered the avatar state I easily imagined Aang finding another way out of that situation. The fact is the avatar state is being treated like a quick super saiyan esque boost. Perhaps control/influence over the avatar state differs between avatars, and if that's true I wish the writers made that canon a little earlier.

Why are you comparing Aang with Korra?
They are completely different people. It's irrational to compare them with each other.
Korra excels at the physical side of bend while Aang excels at the spiritual side.

I find that very ironic. I guess they were doing a yin-yang sort of thing there. Its ironic that the person more attuned to the physical aspects of bending has more control over the avatar state(which is supposed to be a meld of all the past lives of each avatar etc...) and that Aang who is supposed to be more spiritual had the least amount of control over it.

It's not ironic.
Korra and Aang are just two different people. Period.

Technically, they are the same person past life and all right?

Korra does not simply include Aang but all the past avatar as well.
Not to mention, she has grown up with a completely different background.
So no, they are not the same.

Besides my comparison between those two isn't completely irrelevant. A completely ridiculous comparison would be comparing Korra or Aang to Goku. Korra and Aang are from the same universe just set in different series they may be two different people but they still share the avatar essence. My gripe isn't so much that they lead different lives(that parallel at different points) so much that the writers may be pulling an a**-pull with avatar state or cheapening it.
When that avatar state was used in the original series you know s**t was gonna get real. Now its so used I barely notice korra is doing it if I'm not looking at her eyes.

Seriously, didn't Aang need to spiritual train/meditate with some old guy(and Aang excels at the spiritual side more than korra does) before he could even control it? Yet, Korra does it in like a snap(I'll give it to the writers if tenzin taught her better control off screen but either her training is incomplete or she isn't really tapping into the true potential of the avatar state).

My second point is...its a cartoon. No, I don't count it as anime even though some people do. I think I'll hold off on nitpicking it until the second season runs its course and try to enjoy how its going to turn out.

Cluttered Businesswoman

Arcobelano

Besides my comparison between those two isn't completely irrelevant. A completely ridiculous comparison would be comparing Korra or Aang to Goku. Korra and Aang are from the same universe just set in different series they may be two different people but they still share the avatar essence. My gripe isn't so much that they lead different lives(that parallel at different points) so much that the writers may be pulling an a**-pull with avatar state or cheapening it.
When that avatar state was used in the original series you know s**t was gonna get real. Now its so used I barely notice korra is doing it if I'm not looking at her eyes.

Seriously, didn't Aang need to spiritual train/meditate with some old guy(and Aang excels at the spiritual side more than korra does) before he could even control it? Yet, Korra does it in like a snap(I'll give it to the writers if tenzin taught her better control off screen but either her training is incomplete or she isn't really tapping into the true potential of the avatar state).

My second point is...its a cartoon. No, I don't count it as anime even though some people do. I think I'll hold off on nitpicking it until the second season runs its course and try to enjoy how its going to turn out.

Technically, Korra and all the previous avatars existed in the same universe.
Again, the writers didn't do an a** pull. You said it yourself, Korra and Aang are living different lifes.
Hence, Korra is using the avatar state as she sees fit.
There is no limit to when an avatar should use the avatar state. For the most, Korra is using the avatar state for the right purposes.
Well, stop complaining and stop watching LOK and go back to TLA instead.
Again, despite being a sequel, LOK is about Korra not Aang.
No one gives a s**t what Aang did previously because again this series is about Korra.
KORRA. KORRA. KORRA. KORRA.
Seriously, do you know who that is?
She's not Aang.
She has a completely different temper and mindset.
Only the previous avatars' knowledge is passed on. Their personality is not.
Koora is much better at the physical side of bending.
She mastered firebending with a breeze.
Stop comparing LOK with TLA. They focus on two different people.

The Magnificent Unsu
I kind of want to sit her down and tell her she needs to calm the ******** down and stop thinking she knows everything.

But that is because I'm an adult and she's a teenager. A teenage girl who finally has a real taste of freedom at that. She grew up knowing she was going to be a hero to the world (bending multiple elements as a wee one) and was kept in temples being trained until she was in her mid-late teens. And then she finally gets a taste of city life, and the excitement she never really got before, and she did her own thing in the bending arenas and was a hit. It's not surprising that it went right to her head and made her think she's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Really, they did play the stubborn teen plot pretty well. Korra's an idiot at times, her emotions run high all the time and she thinks no one else understands her, but what teenager doesn't have times like that? She knows she's the Avatar, she knew for a long time, and she had big shoes to fill up. She thinks being an Avatar will save her and it obviously hasn't several times.

I know people hate it when others compare Aang to Korra, but they were raised differently. Aang didn't find out he was the Avatar until he was a very young teen, he was raised like a normal kid. Korra knew very soon what she was, and she let it get to her head. She didn't get a normal childhood, she was put into training right away because she wouldn't wait. And she can't wait now for anything. I want to smack her because she's an impulsive, over-ambitious, stubborn twit, but I can't because she's still young and never got that streak knocked out of her.

This.
Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano

Technically, Korra and all the previous avatars existed in the same universe.
Again, the writers didn't do an a** pull. You said it yourself, Korra and Aang are living different lifes.
Hence, Korra is using the avatar state as she sees fit.
There is no limit to when an avatar should use the avatar state. For the most, Korra is using the avatar state for the right purposes.
Well, stop complaining and stop watching LOK and go back to TLA instead.
Again, despite being a sequel, LOK is about Korra not Aang.
No one gives a s**t what Aang did previously because again this series is about Korra.
KORRA. KORRA. KORRA. KORRA.
Seriously, do you know who that is?
She's not Aang.
She has a completely different temper and mindset.
Only the previous avatars' knowledge is passed on. Their personality is not.
Koora is much better at the physical side of bending.
She mastered firebending with a breeze.
Stop comparing LOK with TLA. They focus on two different people.

Yeah because winning an air scooter race against someone who isn't even half your age is definitely worthy of an avatar state boost. Maybe its not the fact that I'm comparing Aang and Korra but maybe the difference in the writings pacing.

Cluttered Businesswoman

Arcobelano

Yeah because winning an air scooter race against someone who isn't even half your age is definitely worthy of an avatar state boost. Maybe its not the fact that I'm comparing Aang and Korra but maybe the difference in the writings pacing.

I said: For the most part,Korra uses her Avatar State for the right reasons.
Again, the writing is obviously doing to be different.
TLA and LOK are two DIFFERENT series.
Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano

To sum it all up, I just hate how frequent the avatar state is used now. Thats my opinion.

Cluttered Businesswoman

Arcobelano
Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano

To sum it all up, I just hate how frequent the avatar state is used now. Thats my opinion.

It look you a long to to finally reach that.
What was all the previous comparison for?
In all seriousness through, Korra is almost always using her avatar state because she needs to.
Her reasons are legit. She's actually trying to save the world, in this case, her tribe.
Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano
Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano

It look you a long to to finally reach that.
What was all the previous comparison for?
In all seriousness through, Korra is almost always using her avatar state because she needs to.
Her reasons are legit. She's actually trying to save the world, in this case, her tribe.

I'm pretty sure I said in another part of this thread or maybe it was a different thread, about how I dislike korra spamming the avatar state, but whatever. She's doing a craptastic job of saving her tribe right now but I guess its apart of her character development.

Cluttered Businesswoman

Arcobelano

I'm pretty sure I said in another part of this thread or maybe it was a different thread, about how I dislike korra spamming the avatar state, but whatever. She's doing a craptastic job of saving her tribe right now but I guess its apart of her character development.

It has been how many episodes since she started?
Officially, one.
Cut the girl some slack.
Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano

Officially, one.
Cut the girl some slack.

Whole thing could of been avoided if she weren't so trusting. But that would be completely out of character of her.

edit: wait...season 2 needed a plot.

Cluttered Businesswoman

Arcobelano
Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano

Officially, one.
Cut the girl some slack.

Whole thing could of been avoided if she weren't so trusting. But that would be completely out of character of her.

Trusting family is bad?
Second, Tarrlock's is at fault for not telling Korra.
Either way, Korra is going to know about it sooner or later.
Angry spirits is unavoidable.
Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano
Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano

Officially, one.
Cut the girl some slack.

Trusting family is bad?

Just because someone is related to you doesn't mean you have to trust them. I mean korra could of done a little digging around and snooping. But as we all know she isn't the type to play spy.

Cluttered Businesswoman

Arcobelano
Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano
Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano

Officially, one.
Cut the girl some slack.

Trusting family is bad?

Just because someone is related to you doesn't mean you have to trust them. I mean korra could of done a little digging around and snooping. But as we all know she isn't the type to play spy.

Where is she doing to dig? The tundra.
For the most part, Korra's uncle did tell the truth.
He just left out some main details.
Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano
Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano
Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano

Officially, one.
Cut the girl some slack.

Trusting family is bad?

Leaving out information can be worse than outright lying.

Cluttered Businesswoman

Arcobelano
Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano
Pretty Pea Princess
Arcobelano

Trusting family is bad?

Leaving out information can be worse than outright lying.

That's why Korra turned her back against her uncle.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff