Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Canine

21,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'm all ears, here! The first episode just raises so many questions for me gonk
According to a few rumors some minor characters will be in the last few episodes so I'm waiting for Desna,Eska,Tahno,Iroh ll and Hiroshi Sato to appear.
I wanna know how 3+ years has changed some of the book 1 characters.
Also I'm kinda disappointed at Bolin,Varrick used him before and now he is just making questionable choices.

Feral Canine

21,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Mimi Sparda
According to a few rumors some minor characters will be in the last few episodes so I'm waiting for Desna,Eska,Tahno,Iroh ll and Hiroshi Sato to appear.
I wanna know how 3+ years has changed some of the book 1 characters.
Also I'm kinda disappointed at Bolin,Varrick used him before and now he is just making questionable choices.

oh that should be interesting! and yeah wtf happened to korra gonk she having an identity crisis xd
yeah bolin wtf are ya doin?!
I hope Bolin one day opens up a lavabending school.

I really really wish however, that the other bending arts got something going for them. Right now the earthbenders seem so OP with their subskills making metal weapons pretty much useless.

Feral Canine

21,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Steadfast Shield
I hope Bolin one day opens up a lavabending school.

I really really wish however, that the other bending arts got something going for them. Right now the earthbenders seem so OP with their subskills making metal weapons pretty much useless.

yeah i guess they're really opening possiblities with stuff..
Well, waterbending has ice bending and blood bending; firebending has lightning bending (and lava bending too, i would imagine); and then there's air bending which has.... suffocation abilities? xd
Fire can't have lava bending since lava is not fire.

Lava is earth that's been melted. Firebenders bending lava would be like firebenders bending steam just because steam is heated up water.

Feral Canine

21,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Steadfast Shield

Lava is earth that's been melted. Firebenders bending lava would be like firebenders bending steam just because steam is heated up water.

pls dont tell me you've forgotten this User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Rextrious
Steadfast Shield

pls dont tell me you've forgotten this User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's because that's smoke, that both fire and lava can make, but doesn't mean you can bend lava itself.
Rextrious
Steadfast Shield

He's not bending the lava, he's absorbing the heat and firing it back out his fingers.

Next.

Feral Canine

21,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Steadfast Shield
Rextrious
Steadfast Shield

He's not bending the lava, he's absorbing the heat and firing it back out his fingers.

Next.

it's still affecting the lava. mad
Rextrious
Steadfast Shield
Rextrious
Steadfast Shield

Next.

Right, so affecting it means bending it.

I guess firebenders can metal bend if fire can affect metal.

Feral Canine

21,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Steadfast Shield
Rextrious
Steadfast Shield
Rextrious
Steadfast Shield

Next.

lol that makes even less sense! xd
especially since firebenders have shown pretty useless against metal shields tbh
even though you would think that the metal would always melt

Tipsy Phantom

In order to be a lava bender you have to have a parent who is a firebender and a parent who is and earthbender.

This insinuates that you could be a fire or earthbender and still lavabend.
Rextrious
Steadfast Shield
Rextrious
Steadfast Shield
Rextrious
Steadfast Shield

Next.

lol that makes even less sense! xd
especially since firebenders have shown pretty useless against metal shields tbh
even though you would think that the metal would always melt

That was sarcasm.

Just because a firebender can AFFECT lava, does not mean they can BEND it. Earthbenders can AFFECT fire by putting it out with earth, but they cannot BEND fire. Waterbenders can AFFECT the air by dropping the temperature of the water in the air, but they cannot BEND it.
Animalia Exotica
In order to be a lava bender you have to have a parent who is a firebender and a parent who is and earthbender.

This insinuates that you could be a fire or earthbender and still lavabend.

Problem with this is, Mako was never shown to lavabend. And no firebenders have ever been shown to bend lava at all, not the way Ghazan, the Avatars, or Bolin did. The Fire Nation Avatar before Yangchen doesn't count, since Avatars can bend all four elements, and Kiyoshi's bending of lava was probably earthbending.

In all likelihood the creators probably originally wanted it to be a mix of fire and earthbending, but then they couldn't think of something unique for Ghazan and thought, eh let's make lava an earthbending skill.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff