Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Humorist

I dont know if you've seen people say this but apparently people think that air benders are powerful enough to bend oxygen, taking a person's breath away...

i don't think that's how airbending works

Big Wolf

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Wall Street 200
oxygen is air o-o
so it makes sense
i just dont think airbenders would do it because they are all nomads and stuff
but the new airbenders my definitely try it

Invisible Humorist

Wolf among us
oxygen is air o-o
so it makes sense
i just dont think airbenders would do it because they are all nomads and stuff
but the new airbenders my definitely try it

"Nearly all of the Earth's atmosphere is made up of only five gases: nitrogen, oxygen, water vapor, argon, and carbon dioxide."

This is why i don't think airbenders are capable of "oxygen-bending".

Dapper Capitalist

Maybe not oxygen specifically but they can probably bend the air out of a person's lungs.

Invisible Humorist

CreativeButLazy
Maybe not oxygen specifically but they can probably bend the air out of a person's lungs.

Waterbenders should be able to do the same thing if that's the case....well not out of one lungs but you get what i'm saying

Dapper Capitalist

GhostlyMark
CreativeButLazy

Waterbenders should be able to do the same thing if that's the case....well not out of one lungs but you get what i'm saying

Well they kind of do. They can blood bend. They can bend the blood in the body (thus controlling the person's movements) and theoretically they can bend the blood out the body through a wound. Even though we haven't seen it happen (for obvious reasons) there's enough support to show that this is indeed a possibility. So, therefore airbenders should be able to do the same thing with the air in a person's lungs.
If you think about it, blood bending came from water bending.

So I would believe it bby

Friendly Citizen

Spoilers for those who have not watch book 2 and 3 of korra or some parts of avatar aang series
you will haft to highlight to read
Airbending does have a special bend though they might have more than 1 though we have not seen all types of each bending. They can bend their spirit out of their body and move around like a ghost in one of the most recent episodes of korra in book 3 Jinnora said in episode 4 I think that it was an advanced airbending technique

Lonely Junior

6,550 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
GhostlyMark
I dont know if you've seen people say this but apparently people think that air benders are powerful enough to bend oxygen, taking a person's breath away...

Remember when Hama bended water out of a tree and flowers? That really does support the fact that airbenders can bend air out of someone, though Id doubt that would be shown, since these shows dont really kill people in battles, that'll be like instant death lol

Friendly Citizen

Something Bizarre
GhostlyMark

Remember when Hama bended water out of a tree and flowers? That really does support the fact that airbenders can bend air out of someone, though Id doubt that would be shown, since these shows dont really kill people in battles, that'll be like instant death lol

actually there have been a few deaths in the avatar series you just forget them easily cause it is a kid show and barely anyone dies in those
I forgot that there were a few deaths till I went through my memory bank of avatar stuff lol

Lonely Junior

6,550 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
JerXD
Something Bizarre
GhostlyMark

actually there have been a few deaths in the avatar series you just forget them easily cause it is a kid show and barely anyone dies in those
I forgot that there were a few deaths till I went through my memory bank of avatar stuff lol
oh I know, of course there's been deaths... im saying there really should have been MUCH more! Villages should have been destroyed along with people's deaths... These villains suck when you think about it...

Friendly Citizen

Something Bizarre
JerXD
Something Bizarre
GhostlyMark

oh I know, of course there's been deaths... im saying there really should have been MUCH more! Villages should have been destroyed along with people's deaths... These villains suck when you think about it...

well there were probably more deaths that they did not say or show like captive people they help for so long that they died of being abused and such
in the first series they wanted to control not kill and in the new series they main villain spot gets tossed around with no major 1 villain they haft to fight though i have a few theories on who the major villain might be in the series

Invisible Humorist

JerXD
Spoilers for those who have not watch book 2 and 3 of korra or some parts of avatar aang series
Airbending does have a special bend though they might have more than 1 though we have not seen all types of each bending. They can bend their spirit out of their body and move around like a ghost in one of the most recent episodes of korra in book 3 Jinnora said in episode 4 I think that it was an advanced airbending technique

I don't think that was airbending..I thought I was because she was just a really spiritual person....or something on those lines

Friendly Citizen

GhostlyMark
JerXD

I don't think that was airbending..I thought I was because she was just a really spiritual person....or something on those lines

She says that it is part of airbending and the airbenders are a spiritual race
we will get more info on it in the near future so i don't think we should rule it out as an advance airbending

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Have you ever fallen so hard as to knock the wind out of you as it's called? I have it's a scary experience. I bruised my tail bone. If an airbender can create a vacuum theoretically they could pull the air out of someone's lungs. Just sayin'.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff