Welcome to Gaia! ::

xChasingClouds
Well, the way Amon took those people's bending abilities away is different than the way Aang took Ozai's bending away. There weren't all those pretty lights and stuff... So maybe he wasn't energy-bending? Or he found a different way to seize the ability..
The light and color was just a storytelling tool to explain to the viewer what exactly was happening.

You can consider it similar to, say, a transformation scene in Sailor Moon. Obviously in that show, the girls didn't actually spend half a minute twirling around to transform into their costumes, the villain would have killed them in that time!But it was a visual tool to tell the viewer 'the girls are changing into a different costume'. In actuality, there have been a small few times in the series where it shows one or two of the girls just instantly transforming without the little cutscene.

The lights and color from the first time Aang does it is similar in that in reality, it happens nearly instantly, but the visual representation is an artistic aid. I would say that the creators felt that since they had shown such a thing once before, we'd get the idea, and they could save valuable screen time.
Bunni Geisha
Hearts_Are_Cold
Bunni Geisha
Hearts_Are_Cold
Bunni Geisha

I was only proving your statement wrong.

I just bolded everything for you.
Oh good grief. The point still stands that it's obviously not true.

No, I only commented to correct you, I don't care about your conversation with them.
Then what's the point? Unless you're contributing something substantial to the conversation at hand, there's no point.

I did. I pointed out you're wrong about that, how valid can anything else you said really be without proof?
But it wasn't valid. The fact still stands that in the previous avatar series, it was stated that energybending was a pure form of bending which everyone once did, and anyone has the potential to do.

Just because Tenzin was misinformed doesn't prove anything.

Moonlight Conventioneer

12,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Hearts_Are_Cold
Bunni Geisha
Hearts_Are_Cold
Bunni Geisha
Hearts_Are_Cold
Bunni Geisha

I was only proving your statement wrong.

I just bolded everything for you.
Oh good grief. The point still stands that it's obviously not true.

No, I only commented to correct you, I don't care about your conversation with them.
Then what's the point? Unless you're contributing something substantial to the conversation at hand, there's no point.

I did. I pointed out you're wrong about that, how valid can anything else you said really be without proof?
But it wasn't valid. The fact still stands that in the previous avatar series, it was stated that energybending was a pure form of bending which everyone once did, and anyone has the potential to do.

You said.
no one ever said it.
i proved you wrong.
period.
Stop bringing your other stupid convo in, i don't wanna hear it

5,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hearts_Are_Cold
The light and color was just a storytelling tool to explain to the viewer what exactly was happening.

You can consider it similar to, say, a transformation scene in Sailor Moon. Obviously in that show, the girls didn't actually spend half a minute twirling around to transform into their costumes, the villain would have killed them in that time!But it was a visual tool to tell the viewer 'the girls are changing into a different costume'. In actuality, there have been a small few times in the series where it shows one or two of the girls just instantly transforming without the little cutscene.

The lights and color from the first time Aang does it is similar in that in reality, it happens nearly instantly, but the visual representation is an artistic aid. I would say that the creators felt that since they had shown such a thing once before, we'd get the idea, and they could save valuable screen time.

Good point..

I checked the Avatar Wiki and it does say that technically anyone could master energy-bending, but didn't Aang have to be in his Avatar state to do it? I'm seriously super curious how some random non-bender would learn to master something like that..
Bunni Geisha
Hearts_Are_Cold
Bunni Geisha
Hearts_Are_Cold
Bunni Geisha

You said.
no one ever said it.
i proved you wrong.
period.
Dear god, you are a child.

Moonlight Conventioneer

12,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Hearts_Are_Cold
Bunni Geisha
Hearts_Are_Cold
Bunni Geisha
Hearts_Are_Cold
Bunni Geisha

You said.
no one ever said it.
i proved you wrong.
period.

Sure, I'm not the one who won't accept a simple statement. Durp.
Bunni Geisha
Hearts_Are_Cold
Bunni Geisha
Hearts_Are_Cold
Bunni Geisha

You said.
no one ever said it.
i proved you wrong.
period.

Sure, I'm not the one who won't accept a simple statement. Durp.
What kind of person steps into a conversation that they don't actually want to be a part of? I said that. I accepted that he said it, and provided the counterpoint that the lion turtle probably knows more about it than he does. And then you go, "LALALA, I DON'T CARE BECAUSE ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS POINT OUT THAT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT SOMEtHING INSIGNIFICANT." Seriously, what the ********?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff