Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Okay so after recently rewatching the series finale of Avatar: The Last Airbender, something hit me. Aang was taught how to "Energy Bend" by the Lion Turtle he met in the middle of the ocean. Energy Bending is the ability to take away one's bending permanently, an ability only the AVATAR can do. So I've come to the conclusion. Either Amon is a fraud, or he's secretly Aang in a new body somehow.

Discuss.

Mewling Kitten

Please, please, PLEASE be a troll. I can't live in this world any longer T^T

Dangerous Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Violette Hysteria

emotion_awesome

I won't feign intelligence. I've never watched a single episode of LoK. I go off what my friend tells me about it, and from what she's told me Amon does his thing via blood bending, but Bending is done spiritually not physically. So I apologize if my ignorance and dislike for LoK has made me say something blatantly stupid, but this is seriously just my theory. I will most likely never willingly watch a single episode of LoK from start to finish.

Mewling Kitten

Dev Royal
Violette Hysteria

emotion_awesome

I won't feign intelligence. I've never watched a single episode of LoK. I go off what my friend tells me about it, and from what she's told me Amon does his thing via blood bending, but Bending is done spiritually not physically. So I apologize if my ignorance and dislike for LoK has made me say something blatantly stupid, but this is seriously just my theory. I will most likely never willingly watch a single episode of LoK from start to finish.

That explains things haha. I was extremely worried there for a moment though... like intense face palming. Basically he uses his blood bending to block off their chi permanently which in turn leaves them unable to bend for good. Amon isn't energy bending at all, he's just a really advanced water bender. Amon's actual identity was revealed... He was the brother of Tarrlok and son of Yukone. During the season finale of LoK Korra had her bending taken away, but this unlocked air for her (as she'd never been able to bend it previously). Later thought Aang's spirit confronts her, using his energy bending on Korra to give her her bending back, Korra now knows how to energy bend... blah-blah-blah. So basically everything was already explained leaving no room for theories.

Moonlight Conventioneer

12,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Dev Royal
Violette Hysteria

emotion_awesome

Then don't come up with theories.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Violette Hysteria
Dev Royal
Violette Hysteria

emotion_awesome

That explains things haha. I was extremely worried there for a moment though... like intense face palming. Basically he uses his blood bending to block off their chi permanently which in turn leaves them unable to bend for good. Amon isn't energy bending at all, he's just a really advanced water bender. Amon's actual identity was revealed... He was the brother of Tarrlok and son of Yukone. During the season finale of LoK Korra had her bending taken away, but this unlocked air for her (as she'd never been able to bend it previously). Later thought Aang's spirit confronts her, using his energy bending on Korra to give her her bending back, Korra now knows how to energy bend... blah-blah-blah. So basically everything was already explained leaving no room for theories.
Well as I said I haven't watched a single episode of LoK nor do I want to. I feel like LoK has severely watered down the Avatar series. There is a lot less spirituality than in Avatar. I know the next season is gonna be all about Spiritual stuff but an entire season of nothing but mindless a** beating from a half baked Avatar is bad. Plus not to mention the fact she is just about finished with becoming an Avatar, it leaves little room for as much adventure as the original Avatar had. There is also the fact there is no like defined threat that would even REQUIRE the need for the Avatar at the moment. It just feels like the writers rushed Korra too quickly just to cater to the fanbase.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Bunni Geisha
Dev Royal
Violette Hysteria

emotion_awesome

umad?

Moonlight Conventioneer

12,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Dev Royal
Bunni Geisha
Dev Royal
Violette Hysteria

emotion_awesome

umad?

No, just giving you a suggestion so you don't make yourself look like a fool again.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Bunni Geisha
Dev Royal
Bunni Geisha
Dev Royal
Violette Hysteria

emotion_awesome

umad?

No, just giving you a suggestion so you don't make yourself look like a fool again.

Seriously why is everyone so afraid of making mistakes and looking stupid? I grew up with the idea that through mistakes you learn. In fact I've always learned better through failure in mistake than through succession. Honestly, mistakes are good. Mistakes are great. Failure is great too. It adds to your drive for succession and you DO learn best through failure.

I enjoy looking like an idiot emotion_donotwant

Moonlight Conventioneer

12,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Dev Royal
Bunni Geisha
Dev Royal
Bunni Geisha
Dev Royal
Violette Hysteria

emotion_awesome

umad?

Seriously why is everyone so afraid of making mistakes and looking stupid? I grew up with the idea that through mistakes you learn. In fact I've always learned better through failure in mistake than through succession. Honestly, mistakes are good. Mistakes are great. Failure is great too. It adds to your drive for succession and you DO learn best through failure.

You did learn, I told you not to so that you learned from doing so. Didn't think that one through, did ya?

Dangerous Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Bunni Geisha
Dev Royal
Bunni Geisha
Dev Royal
Bunni Geisha

umad?

You did learn, I told you not to so that you learned from doing so. Didn't think that one through, did ya?

My mind....ITS SO FULL OF ********! emotion_0A0

I concede to you. You are a worthy adversary. -bows-
Dev Royal
Okay so after recently rewatching the series finale of Avatar: The Last Airbender, something hit me. Aang was taught how to "Energy Bend" by the Lion Turtle he met in the middle of the ocean. Energy Bending is the ability to take away one's bending permanently, an ability only the AVATAR can do. So I've come to the conclusion. Either Amon is a fraud, or he's secretly Aang in a new body somehow.

Discuss.

ive been reading the quotes and stuff on this forum and ive noticed something that everyone over lookedthe sentence u put said "Energy Bending is the ability to take away one's bending permanently, an ability' only the AVATAR can do'". Not only the avatar can energy bend.
Amon is not the avatar Korra is im not mad i just needed to point that out

Moonlight Conventioneer

12,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Dev Royal
Bunni Geisha
Dev Royal
Bunni Geisha
Dev Royal
Bunni Geisha

umad?

My mind....ITS SO FULL OF ********! emotion_0A0

I concede to you. You are a worthy adversary. -bows-

lol what? I was just pointing it out

Trash

LOL. I am not Aang. I have more hair than him. surprised

Dangerous Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Tidus475
Dev Royal

Discuss.

ive been reading the quotes and stuff on this forum and ive noticed something that everyone over lookedthe sentence u put said "Energy Bending is the ability to take away one's bending permanently, an ability' only the AVATAR can do'". Not only the avatar can energy bend.
Amon is not the avatar Korra is im not mad i just needed to point that out

Someone else already explained to me how Amon does his thing. It's not Energy Bending. And Energy Bending actually is something only an Avatar can do. Go watch the last episode of the first Avatar series with the extras on, it says so. Go google it too, you'll find it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff