Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Seriously. It's bad enough that the mask thing he's got going on reminds me of Gargoyle in Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water. (who did some horrible, horrible things, by the way) But the commercials for the third episode got me really freaked out. Korra is already well-established as a tough, badass girl. But the ads have her absolutely TERRIFIED of something Amon has either done or plans to do. He leaves her in tears and she outright admits how scared she is. There must be something really, REALLY horrible about him to scare her so much!

So, discuss: What do you think it is about Amon that leaves Korra of all people so terrified? What do you think he's gonna do in the third episode? cat_gonk

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
My only guess is that Amon is some kind of spiritbender.

Enduring Survivor

12,825 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Megathread 100
I think they found a way to stop bending. I mean they were all like "No bender is safe!"
And I noticed his goons were using stuff that looked similar to bending. Like they used technology to create a fake bending.
I seriously can not wait 'til next Saturday. 3nodding
He chi blocks bending like Ty-Lee.

Benevolent Lunatic

24,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
He reminds me of V.

Well he's definitely a chi blocker. And it would have to probably do something with blocking the bending.

Lily-livered Loiterer

He's probably got some past history that explains why he hates bending and benders.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Wilya_The_White_Wolf
I think they found a way to stop bending. I mean they were all like "No bender is safe!"
And I noticed his goons were using stuff that looked similar to bending. Like they used technology to create a fake bending.

We already know that Amon and the Equalists use chi-blocking. I wonder if they figured out a way to stop bending forever? What are the possibilities of him being a spiritbender/energybender?

Genius

8,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
I'm almost perfectly sure that he can energybend. There's some very brief footage of someone energybending in a trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zarWssO-WoA
There at about :35.
I think he might've invented something that replicates the effects of energybending. We've seen what chi blocking can do. As far as we know it can block bending but only for short periods of time, not permanently. I've seen some trailers and I think he actually demonstrates this whatever it is on a bender. I've seen a clip that looks like he has four benders captured and at what I would call an public execution except its Nick and late 2000s TV so there can be no on screen deaths or killing. I'd almost venture to say that one of the four leads may fall victim to whatever it is he has created. Either Bolin, Korra, Mako, or Tenzin will lose their ability to bend by the end of the series if not their lives first.

If not them then one of Tenzin's children. My pick would be Jinor the oldest.

Amon is from what I've seen far more dangerous then Ozai and a lot scarier. Where as Ozai limited bending by rounding up the benders of the other nations he never actually sought to end the separate bending arts directly like Amon has.

6,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Wall Street 200
Wilya_The_White_Wolf

Love. Your. Sig. So. Much.
But the best part was Bei Fong's expression right after that xD

6,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Wall Street 200
Hoshiko Yakimura
He's probably got some past history that explains why he hates bending and benders.

I was thinking...
perhaps he's a secret descendant of Ozai? Like if he had a secret kid? Or perhaps even just a dedicated follower of Ozai. Maybe he figured out how to spiritbend, and it this way he avenges Ozai.

Enduring Survivor

12,825 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Megathread 100
janaki810
Wilya_The_White_Wolf

Love. Your. Sig. So. Much.
But the best part was Bei Fong's expression right after that xD

Ha ha!~ I know! She was all like: "WTF!?"

Dangerous Visionary

Its because he's voice by Steve Blum. It's too much bad a** for anyone to handle even the Avatar.....

and she's gotta deal with it.
Miss-dark8607
Its because he's voice by Steve Blum. It's too much bad a** for anyone to handle even the Avatar.....

I agree with this.
:3

Dangerous Visionary

The. Cuteness.
Miss-dark8607

I agree with this.
:3

Muhaha. Man too bad this isn't tumblr would love to see this get reblogged all over. I also think he's probably a chi-block and if you pause the last few parts of episode one.....Spoiler and theory time: one of the blue prints he is looking at looks like a mecha and since this is a steam punk world I really wouldn't be shocked if we do see mecha type stuff. Though we have the bad a** mental benders so I don't know how that would work. Unless the mechas could also chi block!? Okay I'm done.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff