Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Amon is considered as evil, only because he wants to end an era and bring balance to world, he is not evil, he is infact a good guy, I am not saying Korra or Republic City Council is evil, they are not, they just want to protect a tradition. Bending harmed world more than it helped. It caused wars, it made gangs become strong and easily threat people. Bending must be stopped, Amon is doing the good, bending must be DESTROYED.

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
He's the antagonist to our hero we're following, Korra. If we where following Amon, Korra would be the antagonist and not a thing would need to be changed to make it obvious.

The Equalists are extremists and are acting out of years of oppression and people being abusive towards non benders. The Taskforce is extremists as well going in and pretty much using their bending to pretty much total non benders.

Also the way the show has been depicting the two sides, they're both very similar and actually are two sides of the same coin. It's being shown very grey even if you don't realize it (but your brain did.
)

4,900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Omikuji
He's the antagonist to our hero we're following, Korra. If we where following Amon, Korra would be the antagonist and not a thing would need to be changed to make it obvious.

The Equalists are extremists and are acting out of years of oppression and people being abusive towards non benders. The Taskforce is extremists as well going in and pretty much using their bending to pretty much total non benders.

Also the way the show has been depicting the two sides, they're both very similar and actually are two sides of the same coin. It's being shown very grey even if you don't realize it (but your brain did.
)

I am not saying he is the hero of plot, he is just, not evil, his cause is good, the way he wants to succeed is bad maybe, but it is for a good cause. I think we can say, there is no good side actually, there are 2 different sides, one side who wants equality and revolution and wants to succeed this by harm, other wants to protect traditions and doesn't want anyone to get harmed.

Fluffy Creature

He fights for a good cause in theory but I can't agree with his methods. Sure, there are a lot of benders that are terrible people, but there are also a lot of non-benders that are terrible people. It's not a black and white issue, it's morally grey, but the benders are certainly a lighter shade of grey.

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

Both sides are morally gray.
/thread

Aekea Bloodsucker

I think he is definitely evil. He is threatening every bender, even the innocent ones. He is manipulating all the non-benders into thinking all benders are bad. He used his parents death by a firebender (and who knows if it's even true) and a criminal to fuel the fire.

4,900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Troy the confuzed
He fights for a good cause in theory but I can't agree with his methods. Sure, there are a lot of benders that are terrible people, but there are also a lot of non-benders that are terrible people. It's not a black and white issue, it's morally grey, but the benders are certainly a lighter shade of grey.

For pure balance, we must sacrifice some people, also, we do not kill them. Equalists only want equality, that can only be happen with one way, equal power, no one can have super powers like bending. Bending belongs to animals, dragons, moles, flying bisons. Humans should never learn bending, it only caused wars and fights, it must stop.

4,900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Prismatic Colours
I think he is definitely evil. He is threatening every bender, even the innocent ones. He is manipulating all the non-benders into thinking all benders are bad. He used his parents death by a firebender (and who knows if it's even true) and a criminal to fuel the fire.

He threats to take their bending power away, Amon never threatened anyone to death or anything evil. Amon is a hero who has some heavy ways, but they are not evil.

Aekea Bloodsucker

Lunel the Bandit King
Prismatic Colours

He threats to take their bending power away, Amon never threatened anyone to death or anything evil. Amon is a hero who has some heavy ways, but they are not evil.
How do you know he doesn't have something more evil in store? He already told Korra he has a plan. In my opinion, he is evil. He's manipulating other people so he can get his own revenge, on a bender who killed his parents, by taking everyones bending away. That's evil.

4,900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Prismatic Colours
Lunel the Bandit King
Prismatic Colours

How do you know he doesn't have something more evil in store? He already told Korra he has a plan. In my opinion, he is evil. He's manipulating other people so he can get his own revenge, on a bender who killed his parents, by taking everyones bending away. That's evil.

Having a plan and wanting an equal world is not evil.

Aekea Bloodsucker

Lunel the Bandit King
Prismatic Colours
Lunel the Bandit King
Prismatic Colours

Wanting an equal world isn't an evil intention for the world, of course not. Your actions are what make it evil, and I believe Amon is going about it the worst possible way. He threatens ALL benders, innocent benders with them! (He has even manipulated you into believing he's doing what's right!) He's evil.

Fluffy Creature

Lunel the Bandit King
Troy the confuzed

For pure balance, we must sacrifice some people, also, we do not kill them. Equalists only want equality, that can only be happen with one way, equal power, no one can have super powers like bending. Bending belongs to animals, dragons, moles, flying bisons. Humans should never learn bending, it only caused wars and fights, it must stop.

Wars and fights would still happen even after everyone's bending was taken away. It's human nature, bending isn't at fault for that.

The avatar is intended to bring balance to the world, bending is a necessary part of the world's balance.

There's also the chance that Amon is lying and actually is a bender himself and wants to be the only person with bending, giving him complete control of the world.

4,900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Prismatic Colours
Lunel the Bandit King
Prismatic Colours
Lunel the Bandit King
Prismatic Colours

Wanting an equal world isn't an evil intention for the world, of course not. Your actions are what make it evil, and I believe Amon is going about it the worst possible way. He threatens ALL benders, innocent benders with them! (He has even manipulated you into believing he's doing what's right!) He's evil.

He wants pure equality and some people need to be sacrificed, also they will not be killed, they will become different. Maybe working will get harder, but we can live more peacefully. Also we can use bender animals to work for us

4,900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Troy the confuzed
Lunel the Bandit King
Troy the confuzed

Wars and fights would still happen even after everyone's bending was taken away. It's human nature, bending isn't at fault for that.

The avatar is intended to bring balance to the world, bending is a necessary part of the world's balance.

There's also the chance that Amon is lying and actually is a bender himself and wants to be the only person with bending, giving him complete control of the world.

Balance my **s, balance with a world filled with High powered people who are making life a nightmare for not powered? Balance can only be maintained with equality. Amon is not a bender, he can't be.. he can't be!
(By the way wow, I never thought of possibility of that, just wow)

Aekea Bloodsucker

Lunel the Bandit King
Prismatic Colours
Lunel the Bandit King
Prismatic Colours
Lunel the Bandit King
Prismatic Colours

He wants pure equality and some people need to be sacrificed, also they will not be killed, they will become different. Maybe working will get harder, but we can live more peacefully. Also we can use bender animals to work for us
There isn't a complete amount of peace anywhere, there's always someone who is a threat. Without bending, wars will still happen, people will kill eachother without bending. It's just ridiculous to want that kind of equality. I feel it's unnecessary to want to completely get rid of bending just for the sake of saying everyone is now equal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff