Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
Kroama
Korruptic
Bloodbending is extremely rare and Metalbending is just bending the non pure earth inside metal. Lightning should be with to Air bending because Fire has nothing to do with lightning.

Well~ lightning is a terrestrial form of plasma and plasma is super-heated gas... fire bending is very hot. ;3

Lightning comes from the sky, there's no fire in the sky is there? Lightning is an electric charge formed in the atmosphere. There's just air up there.

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Korruptic
Kroama
Korruptic
Bloodbending is extremely rare and Metalbending is just bending the non pure earth inside metal. Lightning should be with to Air bending because Fire has nothing to do with lightning.

Well~ lightning is a terrestrial form of plasma and plasma is super-heated gas... fire bending is very hot. ;3

Lightning comes from the sky, there's no fire in the sky is there? Lightning is an electric charge formed in the atmosphere. There's just air up there.

I don't see a problem with their lightning bending. (Although honestly, when I've done element RPs in the past, I've always considered lightning as fire-air mix to achieve)

And more related, non-mechanical flight alone i feel that being an air bender would be awesome amongst the many other graphically cruel things you could do with it just~ just the basics alone have lots of opportunities.

Wheezing Capitalist

6,000 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
They can make tornados and I'm sure they would be able to control the weather in some sense too.

Informer

Korruptic

I believe they are both made out of plasma.

I could be wrong. If possible, could someone please clarify on this? Thank you.

Sparkly Pirate

18,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Citizen 200
Hm... Maybe airbenders can bend sound by vibrating air molecules?

3,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
Master Huntress Munashii
Korruptic

Lightning is an electrical discharge in the atmosphere. There's only air in the atmosphere, there's no fire.

Informer

Korruptic
Master Huntress Munashii
Korruptic

Lightning is an electrical discharge in the atmosphere. There's only air in the atmosphere, there's no fire.

Hah, I never said there was fire in the atmosphere! But I think I was partly right about the plasma part, I just got with a scientific friend who says that they are indeed both plasma, but they're different kinds of plasma. So... I still think Firebenders are right when they bend lightning.

But I do see your point about Airbenders bending lightning.

3,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
Master Huntress Munashii
Korruptic
Master Huntress Munashii
Korruptic

Hah, I never said there was fire in the atmosphere! But I think I was partly right about the plasma part, I just got with a scientific friend who says that they are indeed both plasma, but they're different kinds of plasma. So... I still think Firebenders are right when they bend lightning.

But I do see your point about Airbenders bending lightning.

Lightning and Fire aren't plasma they just have plasma. If firebenders can produce things with terrestrial plasma they should also produce auroras.

Bashful Gawker

What ability could be cooler than the ability to fly?
I think that would be magnificent.
That's the only reason I choose Airbending over any of the others. ♥

Edit: And the whole firebenders being able to fly is nothing compared to the airbenders. They have to use a lot of energy to fly while airbenders use the air to make them "float". Floating is more like flying than forcing yourself upward with fire force, imo.
Besides, airbenders can make tornado like effects which is impeccable in itself. Firebenders don't stand a chance if they don't have oxygen to create their fire.
Dammit, i wish I could just freakin fly! > w<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces