Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Conventioneer

12,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
I thought you meant in the series and I was gonna be all "They're all dead stupid" but then I read your post and you make a pretty good point. lul.

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I always figured Air Benders could suck the air out of people's lungs, but were too peaceful to do it.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
AkaTsuki-chan
I always figured Air Benders could suck the air out of people's lungs, but were too peaceful to do it.

That would only be effective if they kept the person from breathing in again for about two minutes. Five for divers lol

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Clover_IceQueen
AkaTsuki-chan

That would only be effective if they kept the person from breathing in again for about two minutes. Five for divers lol

True... but...

If they can make a ball of air, they can probably make a ball of not-air.

Informer

No, fart bending should not count. That is Meelo's thing and Meelo's thing only!

Air, being the element of freedom, has no need for a secondary form. It can be anything. For example, an Airbender could perhaps bend the very air out of someone's lungs, causing them to suffocate. Or you know how there is trapped air inside of dead bodies? They could bend the air in corpses to use them... sort of like meat puppets!

However, I doubt that will ever happen due to the fact that violence pretty much goes against their beliefs.

I know, I have a horrible disgusting mind. But I love it.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Master Huntress Munashii
No, fart bending should not count. That is Meelo's thing and Meelo's thing only!

Air, being the element of freedom, has no need for a secondary form. It can be anything. For example, an Airbender could perhaps bend the very air out of someone's lungs, causing them to suffocate. Or you know how there is trapped air inside of dead bodies? They could bend the air in corpses to use them... sort of like meat puppets!

However, I doubt that will ever happen due to the fact that violence pretty much goes against their beliefs.

Still a better love story than Twilight lol
But, yeah... Corpses. Badass, but not something I could see them doing.

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Master Huntress Munashii

Utterly brilliant.

Informer

AkaTsuki-chan

Utterly brilliant.

Why, thank you!

Anxious Fatcat

Well since Air Benders live in peace, and are monks... I don't believe they fight that much and if they did have a special ability it would possibly be flying, and as you know Fire Benders targeted Air Benders first when they killed them. Obviously Fire can not thrive without air... so Its something to think about, 4laugh
During the second season finale, Aang had to open the seven chakra seals. The first four related to the four elements, and the last three were the, the sound, light, and thought chakra.
Granted, this is only my interpretation, but I saw the last three as different forms of bending. The thought chakra, at the head, reminded me of energy bending, as Aang always has to touch a person's forehead to give to give or remove bending. The light chakra reminded me of lightning, it's not actually fire, but created by heat. Blood, ice, and steam are just water in different forms, there's no new bending here, as well metal is still just refined earth.
So when I think of sound, I think of it as a possible extension of air. It's still related to the atmosphere, but like fire, it's different from it's first form, but not unrelated.

Manly Lunatic

Air has flight?

Also... Possibly sucking air out of people's lungs... causing a vacuum that implodes them...

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
cristeal
During the second season finale, Aang had to open the seven chakra seals. The first four related to the four elements, and the last three were the, the sound, light, and thought chakra.
Granted, this is only my interpretation, but I saw the last three as different forms of bending. The thought chakra, at the head, reminded me of energy bending, as Aang always has to touch a person's forehead to give to give or remove bending. The light chakra reminded me of lightning, it's not actually fire, but created by heat. Blood, ice, and steam are just water in different forms, there's no new bending here, as well metal is still just refined earth.
So when I think of sound, I think of it as a possible extension of air. It's still related to the atmosphere, but like fire, it's different from it's first form, but not unrelated.

Living organisms perceive sounds as air waves hitting the inside of their ears at different frequences, so I guess bending sound would be a logical special ability for air 3nodding Thank you for bringing this up!

Shirtless Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Clover_IceQueen
zombie oreo
FART BENDING!

True, but I was hoping for something cooler. It needs to be about 20% cooler.
AJSHBDJK Its another brony bender! *brohoof*
They don't need anything.

All they need is to airbend the air away someone's lungs.

Hygienic Genius

Possibilities:

FARTBENDING emotion_dowant

Atmosphere-bending

Oxygen-bending

Lol @ my captcha: ups a daisy...Indeed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers