Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Sophomore

3,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User ImageWhat happend to the air temples in LOK!? Wouldnt it make sence for tenzens family to live there? question

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

I think Tenzin felt a responsibility to Aang's efforts put into Republic City, which is why he stayed near it.

I'm guessing that we'll be seeing more of the air temples in the upcoming season of Korra.
I can't imagine them being completely removed from the new series. They're such beautiful fixtures!

Quotable Sophomore

3,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Milk Kittea
User Image

I think Tenzin felt a responsibility to Aang's efforts put into Republic City, which is why he stayed near it.

I'm guessing that we'll be seeing more of the air temples in the upcoming season of Korra.
I can't imagine them being completely removed from the new series. They're such beautiful fixtures!
good point smile

Genius

I think they said at the Comic Con panel that they would go to one of the air temples in book two, but I'm not 100% sure.

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
Why would they live there? They would be totally shut off from society. Doesn't look as fun as the big city pirate

Utena Ido's Husbando

Malevolent Warlord

16,150 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Divorced 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I think it would be interesting that with the rumors of Season 2 taking place in the Spirit World, that they would make their way to the Southern Air Temple, where Aang lived, and use that as a Spiritual Hot Spot so that it would make it as easy as possible for Korra to connect with Aang and the other Avatars where they need to be.

Greedy Capitalist

He's a councilman for the Air nomads why the hell would he live in one of the temples...

Lonely Prophet

9,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Ginger Nix
I think it would be interesting that with the rumors of Season 2 taking place in the Spirit World, that they would make their way to the Southern Air Temple, where Aang lived, and use that as a Spiritual Hot Spot so that it would make it as easy as possible for Korra to connect with Aang and the other Avatars where they need to be.

This makes complete and total sense.

But will it happen? Probably NOT.

Quotable Sophomore

3,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
heart
noigel
Why would they live there? They would be totally shut off from society. Doesn't look as fun as the big city pirate
Air nomads dont care for big cities wink

Headstrong Sex Symbol

14,350 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
It wouldn't make sense for them to live in the air temples from the original series. There aren't enough of them, Tenzin represents the air benders in republic city, that's where they're needed. they can't live in the air temples from the original series because they're not even close to republic city. However they do live in an "air temple". Why do you think it's called air temple island? razz I can imagine the air temples from the original series would still be there though, because I know aang wouldn't allow them to be destroyed. You saw how upset he was in that one episode when they were at an air temple and he saw that they were destroying the ancient artifact things, yeah the air nomad stuff.
I heart heart the Doctor
User ImageWhat happend to the air temples in LOK!? Wouldnt it make sence for tenzens family to live there? question

Well, in the case of the norther air temple, it's now the home of Earth kingdom people, the descendants of war refugees.
I think living together with those of the other elements is a good way to create a better bond amongst the different races. The previous air nomad generations were too cut off from the rest of the world.

Tipsy Man-Lover

The Air Temples are great and I do believe Bryke said at least 1 of them would be in season 2.

It would be completely stupid for Tenzin and his family to live in them because, they'd be cut off...from any contact from anyone except themselves. At least Air Temple Island allows them to teach people the ways of the Air Nomads while living (basically) away from "modern" civilization.
Yeah I think they're still there, just not important to the story ATM
They live in republic city because thats where the responsibilities of the world currently lies along with the centre of decreasing peace among the people

Mega Fatcat

Considering that Tenzin grew up in republic city, lives in republic city as a member of the council, only has his 6 person family to inhabit those enormous temples, and has his own island, I have no idea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff